DC asked who the G.O.A.T. is?

Former UFC champ champ Daniel Cormier appeared recently on MMA Junkie Radio and was asked who the Michael Jordan of MMA is.

“Michael Jordan has long been the undisputed greatest of all time in basketball, I don’t think we have that in mixed martial arts,” replied Cormier, as transcribed by Simon Head for MMA Junkie. “But I think when you start thinking about a guy who just personified ‘champion,’ a guy that just ran the table and did everything he was supposed to do, the right way, I guess I would say …

“I think we forget that Jordan lost in the playoffs, and he lost multiple times. Before the 90s, he lost in the playoffs about every year. So it’s not like he was undefeated, but if I had to pick a guy that just did everything the right way, I’d probably have to say Demetrious Johnson - defended the belt all those times, always was so well prepared, his performances got better as he went on in his title reign. No hiccups, no mistakes, no nothing, and I think he’s one of those guys.”

“I think when you start thinking about in MMA, I don’t think it’s just about one guy. I think you’ve got to look at people as a whole, and there’s going to be about five or six guys that are going to sit at the top of this sport for a long time, and I think I’m one of those guys.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlNTh6i12Ys&feature=emb_title

DJ? No.. 

3 Likes

Love DJ but I'd pick GSP, Jones, or Fedor before him.

5 Likes
Just_Bleed_Guy -

GSP left on top. DJ didn't. 

GSP’s reign was more impressive. 170 was a murderer’s row.

GSP came out of retirement, moved up and took a 2nd belt by stoppage. 

I don’t think there’s any comparison imo 

People don’t sugggest Bisping had more skill than GSP.

However there was a size/strength aspect that did make up for the lack of skill differential. 

GSP still won by finish.  

I think GSP deserves some credit for this.

BUT, if you’re going to acknowledge that size/strength can play a factor, and can make up for lack of skill, then how can you not suggest Fedor is the greatest of all time?  Besides beating many highly skilled fighters, he also took on big giant mother fuckers and unlike GSP, there was no same weight aspect the day prior to the fights.

Plus, the top 15 guys GSP beat, would all lose to the top 15 guys Fedor beat.  Size matters, despite what girls might suggest otherwise.

4 Likes
The Destroyer88 -

Love DJ but I'd pick GSP, Jones, or Fedor before him.

This

I would put DJ amongst those and offcourse Silva. I think they are all goats

Too much punches to the head DC? 

1 Like

Well DC, that's an odd way of spelling "GSP".

2 Likes

Umm.. His teammate?

DJ wasn't even top 3 at BW. He had to go down to a weight where there was a bunch of nobodies 

2 Likes

DC is second tier in that discussion. 

GSP / Khabib / Jones at the top  

1 Like

Its too easy for a fighters to pick DJ.

It eliminates them having to name a rival(or hated rival) and it also lets them say that little guy could whoop me if he were twice the size in a fight that could never happen.

Gsp use to like to say "Frankee edgaar wood kik myass"

Anyone putting Jones on that list doesn't give a fuck about the sport. 

2 Likes
JohnnyAppleseed4Life -

IMO

1.Anderson

2. Jones

3. GSP

Fedor?  

2 Likes

DJ even being in the GOAT discussion is laughable. Didn’t fight elite competition and both elite fighters he’s fought he’s lost to

3 Likes

DC ain't one of the Goats, good God.

- Got smashed by Jones, twice

- Ducked Stipe in first possible rematch availablr

- talks about being the Goat, which means he is not.

Fedor

Mousasi

GSP

![](upload://zu9eFPSz4W0J22wOdQzJGUezbA9.gif)

2 Likes

![](upload://7DihYSsxzc7NpYRZLriJd4Fqz2y.gif)

who this guy? disagree. Was not a force at BW and flyweight just didn’t have the talent pool compared to the other divisions

JohnnyAppleseed4Life -
Jayn200 -
JohnnyAppleseed4Life -

IMO

1.Anderson

2. Jones

3. GSP

Fedor?  

Nope.

When did you start watching mma? 

The guy was an unstoppable God for 10 years. #1 on every P4P list for probably a good 6 of those years. 

All while taking on guys who outweighed him. 

2 Likes
crazydave -

DC is second tier in that discussion. 

GSP / Khabib / Jones at the top  

Surprising to see someone with an old school joindate leave Fedor off the list. Not a fan of his?

gokudamus -

Umm.. His teammate?

If youre talking about Cain hopefully DC not even mentioning him will finally put that BS to rest. Not even close to the Goat.

1 Like