DC asked who the G.O.A.T. is?

1. Fedor

2. GSP

3. ???

Also, DJ did go out on top. Anyone watching his fight with Cejudo knows that it was a total screw job.

1 Like

Jones-GSP-Fedor-Anderson is the answer. Any of those guys, but not Mighty Mouse. 

1 Like

Just break it down by weight It’s easier.

And Jordan did lose in the playoffs. His teams did. Stupid comparison.

It seems like DC never wants to mention GSP in the GOAT discussion.. hes been asked several times and has always said himself, cain, DJ, khabib, anderson, yet never has mentioned GSP. Wonder why

DC does not like saying people in his own weight It's clearly Fedor and then Jones at this point, and tbh it's not even close

Fedor

GSP

Jones

Anderson

1) GSP - amazing in all areas, dominated before and after USADA.

2) Fedor - Wrecked most of the best heavy weughts at the time (never fought Randy).

3) Anderson Silva - Had an amazing streak finished many high tier fighters.

4) Jones* - He should be 1 but I'll plae him here because of PEDS

5) DJ

6) Cormier

1 Like

DC has fought a who's who list of legends. Let's list all the legends that DJ fought. I'll wait. 

1 Like
JThomasufc91 -

DC has fought a who's who list of legends. Let's list all the legends that DJ fought. I'll wait. 

People get wrapped up at what he did at 205 and seem to gloss over his fight resume at HW, Now it's not 100% Fedor level, but as of right now, today, absolutely 2nd best HW resume in the fight game.

spookEtheghost - 

1) GSP - amazing in all areas, dominated before and after USADA.

2) Fedor - Wrecked most of the best heavy weughts at the time (never fought Randy).

3) Anderson Silva - Had an amazing streak finished many high tier fighters.

4) Jones* - He should be 1 but I'll plae him here because of PEDS

5) DJ

6) Cormier

I think that’s a good list, but it’s missing Aldo.

Just_Bleed_Guy -

GSP left on top. DJ didn't. 

GSP’s reign was more impressive. 170 was a murderer’s row.

GSP came out of retirement, moved up and took a 2nd belt by stoppage. 

I don’t think there’s any comparison imo 

I dont even need to add my opinion, you covered it.

Bobby Lupo - 

Jones-GSP-Fedor-Anderson is the answer. Any of those guys, but not Mighty Mouse. 

My gut tells me that your top 4 list is right.

But, my brain has trouble explaining why Aldo isn’t on the list. He has the reign; he has the quality of opposition (beating Frankie Edgar and Chad Mendes twice is incredibly impressive); and the highlight reel.

IMO:

Tier 1: Jones, GSP, Anderson, Fedor

Tier 1b: Aldo

Tier 2: Mighty Mouse

Tier 3: Greats such as Cormier.

wiggum - 
Bobby Lupo - 

But, my brain has trouble explaining why Aldo isn’t on the list. He has the reign; he has the quality of opposition (beating Frankie Edgar and Chad Mendes twice is incredibly impressive); and the highlight reel.

IMO:

I’ll add that I think you can make coherent arguments for GSP, Fedor, and Jones as the GOAT. It is hard to explain how Anderson is clearly ahead of those three. (But, I think he belongs on a shared list with them).

Fedor

No such thing as GOAT. Terms like that and P4P are just marketing scams. UFC has a new GOAT and P4P #1 every 3 months.

Dominick Cruz is the greatest

I feel pretty confident in my first four. Fedor/GSP/Jones/Anderson. It’s the next group that’s really tough. Aldo, Hendo, DC, Werdum, Shogun, Wand, Khabib, Sakuraba, Royce. There’s probably 15 guys that you could make an argument for the #5 spot. I think Aldo would be my pick.

Anderson did not have the depth of competition that the other contenders had.

wiggum -
Bobby Lupo - 

IMO:

I can’t agree with this. Most logical looking goat list. Tiers make sensw

1. GSP

2. Jones 

Then in no order DJ, Fedor, Silva

Then hendo