DC hopes Anderson Silva is really retired

The MMA welterweight GOAT Anderson Silva had his final fight in the UFC at UFC on ESPN+ 39 last Saturday. "The Spider" as repeatedly hinted that he intends to stay active as combat sports competitor. However, it is not known if he wants to fight for another MMA organization, or compete in another martial art entirely. Silva has spoken previously about a desire to box Roy Jones Jr. He attempted to make Brazil's Olympic Taekwondo team for the 2016 Brazil Olympics. He's a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and could want to compete in grappling or even Gi events. Or he could be retired from competition.

Silva has one fight left in his UFC contract, but president Dana White says if he wants to fight on, it will be allowed. However, White was adamantly against it, characterizing a promoter signing him as a "scumbag" move. White also said it would be "disgusting" if a commission let him fight again.

"This is a guy I care about and this is a guy that’s been here for a long time and is a legend of his company," said White post fight. "I don’t want to sit here and s*** on him. But he’s almost 46 years old. Unless you’re trying to defend your f***ing life or save your family, no one at 46 should be fighting.”

At UFC 200 on July 9, 2016, Silva took a short-notice, non-title fight vs. then reigning champion Daniel Cormier. DC handily won a decision, but at points appeared alarmed about trading with Silva. Now retired and a commentator, Cormier recently posted a message on his social network imploring Silva to retire.

"Legends in any sport have a hard time walking away," he wrote. "Anderson Silva has done so many special things in this game. He doesn’t need to fight anymore, ultimately this choice is his but I’d like my memories of The Spider to be in the organization that made him a superstar. I wouldn’t have wanted to see Micheal Jordan playing in China to keep playing."

What do you think UG? You want to see Anderson Silva rematch Lyoto Machida in Bellator? Or are you happier with the amazing memories of when he arguably the greatest mixed martial artist ever?

His fight with Anderson was a disgrace. 

He fought Lyoto?

crazydave -

His fight with Anderson was a disgrace. 

Yup it was a snoozer

Ben Gardners boat - 

He fought Lyoto?

Only on EA.

What a shit article, rematch Lyoto? Welterweight GOAT?

Jesus who writes this crap?

steak and chicken -

What a shit article, rematch Lyoto? Welterweight GOAT?

Jesus who writes this crap?

Looks like the top men could use a little history lesson 

Kirik -

The MMA welterweight GOAT Anderson Silva had his final fight in the UFC at UFC on ESPN+ 39 last Saturday. "The Spider" as repeatedly hinted that he intends to stay active as combat sports competitor. However, it is not known if he wants to fight for another MMA organization, or compete in another martial art entirely. Silva has spoken previously about a desire to box Roy Jones Jr. He attempted to make Brazil's Olympic Taekwondo team for the 2016 Brazil Olympics. He's a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and could want to compete in grappling or even Gi events. Or he could be retired from competition.

Silva has one fight left in his UFC contract, but president Dana White says if he wants to fight on, it will be allowed. However, White was adamantly against it, characterizing a promoter signing him as a "scumbag" move. White also said it would be "disgusting" if a commission let him fight again.

"This is a guy I care about and this is a guy that’s been here for a long time and is a legend of his company," said White post fight. "I don’t want to sit here and s*** on him. But he’s almost 46 years old. Unless you’re trying to defend your f***ing life or save your family, no one at 46 should be fighting.”

At UFC 200 on July 9, 2016, Silva took a short-notice, non-title fight vs. then reigning champion Daniel Cormier. DC handily won a decision, but at points appeared alarmed about trading with Silva. Now retired and a commentator, Cormier recently posted a message on his social network imploring Silva to retire.

"Legends in any sport have a hard time walking away," he wrote. "Anderson Silva has done so many special things in this game. He doesn’t need to fight anymore, ultimately this choice is his but I’d like my memories of The Spider to be in the organization that made him a superstar. I wouldn’t have wanted to see Micheal Jordan playing in China to keep playing."

What do you think UG? You want to see Anderson Silva rematch Lyoto Machida in Bellator? Or are you happier with the amazing memories of when he arguably the greatest mixed martial artist ever?

UH...I have so many questions about this article...

Put down the keyboard, Kirik. You’re drunk.

Ben Gardners boat -

He fought Lyoto?

https://youtu.be/4g6z0Iai-T0

In Brazil?

I’d totally watch Michael Jordan in China. He should try to play there now.

Dennis Rodman holds the single game rebound record in the British basketball league from a game he played when he was 45.