DC just isn't that good

So I started reading some DC after Identity Crisis (which was great) and now I'm reading Infinite Crisis. I gotta say, for all the threads saying DC is kicking Marvel's ass right now, Civil War is going to suck, blah, blah, DC is pretty lame. Infinite Crisis has had it's moments, but come on. Luthor smashing planets together while Night Wing is somehow breathing in space, hundreds of characters that no one knows who they are. That chick that can make anything happen by saying stuff backward. I like some of the characters, but as a whole DC still is several notches below Marvel.

while Night Wing is somehow breathing in space,

wtf are you talking about???....they were at the fortress of solitude in the north pole....

Ah, I just looked again, you are correct. It was too hard for me to tell what the hell was going on the first read.

Black Adam killing Psycho Pirate was awesome though.

the kevin smith run on Green Arrow was the shit...

The most popular DC character at the store I'm at right now is probably the Green Lantern.

Come on Daredevil....I can see your beef with Brubaker, I got it, he's done some things that just go against principle.

However, I bet most people on here will say that both Cap and Daredevil right now are better than almost anything being put out by DC.

It's kind a slow right now, I'm waiting for stuff like Checkmate, the Secrect Six and Shadow Pact to come out before buying any new series.

the-powers-that-be at DC can go fuck themselves for their mistreatment of Nightwing for the past 3 years to present

I concur with Mr Murdock!!!

"That chick that can make anything happen by saying stuff backward."

Fucker! i'll fight you when i find you.

you go to far when you talk shit about zatanna. its time for people to be held accountable for this shit. TAKE IT BACK

Infinite Crisis is fucking Lame, that's all I know

"the-powers-that-be at DC can go fuck themselves for their mistreatment of Nightwing for the past 3 years to present"

YOU, sir have won the correct prize of the year!!!

I still really like the Grayson run on Nightwing.

So far, Jones is making Devin Grayson's run look brillant.......Yes, I did just post that. And yes, I have said Devin Grayson's run was the worst thing I've ever read.

"I think the Batman titles are the only DC books i always get.
I can't buy into some of the characters because no matter how gritty they write them, blue beetle, aquaman, Superman (on and off i read but i can't get over no mask but nobody figures out his identity),hawkman, etc. just seem like nerdy characters."

Exactly.

BiC sighting!

He can't write a story without going for the cheap emotional shot. Whether it's bringing back someone the entire industry has accepted as dead for 40 years (Bucky) or killing off a longtime supporting character (Foggy).

As an aside, Bucky was accepted as dead but not dead. By that I mean that we never saw Bucky's body and someone cannot point to a definative issue that contains the death of Bucky...in contrast to say, Jean Gray, Jason Todd, Psylocke or Dazzler.

While someone could argue --- and I've seen such arguments --- that Brubaker played fast and loose with the established "rules", etc....In my mind, it's not the same thing as bringing back Jason Todd, Jean Gray, Dazzler, Psylocke, etc.....

Anyway....back to your regularly scheduled thread.....

You probably noticed this but Karen Page died on Kevin Smiths run...not Brubakers...just wanted to clarify to those that dont know. =)

I sort feel the same way as Daredevil73 on the issue of Foggy dying or the return of Bucky. I haven't really follwed the current Daredevil in prison thing (even though today's issue was interesting) but it isn't exactly original and a little of a head scratcher. I think the stupidest plotline that Brubaker's involved in is the whole third Summers brother thing which seems like a rip off of Morrison's Cassandra Nova (also a questionable call) storyline. This whole hidden untold story crap is getting out of hand e.g. the Illuminati or Gwen Stacy or the Sentry, etc...

Yes, Brubaker sucks

I think the stupidest plotline that Brubaker's involved in is the whole third Summers brother thing which seems like a rip off of Morrison's Cassandra Nova (also a questionable call) storyline.

You lost me. The third Summers brother has been around since the '90s, easily. At one time it was believed to be Adam X. It certainly wasn't Brubaker's idea. What Brubaker has done --- with Marvel's blessing --- is definatively say Vulcan is the third Summers brother.

I don't see how that is related to Morrison's introduction of Cassandra Nova.

Care to clarify?