DC: Khamzat Massive Fave To Beat Alex

1 Like

2 Likes

Pereira (7-1 MMA, 4-0 UFC) dethroned Israel Adesanya to capture the middleweight title in this past Saturday’s UFC 281 headliner. “Poatan” was hurt badly at the end of Round 1 and was taken down and controlled in Round 3. But after going down 3-1 on the judges’ scorecards, Pereira rallied to TKO Adesanya in Round 5.
Following the fight, unbeaten star Chimaev (12-0 MMA, 6-0 UFC) called Pereira “easy money” as he also eyes middleweight gold. With only eight MMA fights to his name, Pereira’s inexperience on the ground showed, which Cormier thinks would make for a great stylistic matchup for Chimaev.

“If you schedule him and Khamzat right now, and Khamzat goes, ‘This is my belt, let me fight,’ Khamzat would be a massive favorite to beat Alex Pereira,” Cormier said on his “DC & RC” ESPN show. “Just because of the style. The style just does not match up yet and Pereira, he’s so young in his career that this (Adesanya) was honestly the ideal champion for him.”
Considering their history, Cormier thinks the UFC should book an immediate rematch between Pereira and Adesanya and capitalize on another big-money fight.

“I don’t know if you benefit from putting these two dudes against other people,” Cormier added. “Because I truly do believe that there are some very difficult matchups for Alex Pereira that weren’t as difficult for Israel Adesanya and that, to me, was shown in the third round when Izzy was able to control him once he took him down. You stick him in there with a grappler or a wrestler, he might get drowned out.”

I hope he is…so I can put a sizeable bet on Alex.

1 Like

And then lose a sizable amount of money

3 Likes

:slight_smile: LOL

2 Likes

Hazmat charges in and scares people. Alex doesn’t get scared and can knock his block off.

And the dude is a huge 185. I wouldn’t be surprised motherfucker

LOL yeah ok. Khamzat struggled with Burns on the feet, who his much smaller and less powerful. Alex starches him, mark my words.

1 Like

Does anyone take DC seriously anymore?

Not since this

4 Likes

But Alex would not have much time to strike vs Khamzat- Chimaev would probably come right out and go immediately for the takedown like he did vs Holland. He’s probably get it too

Interesting style matchup . I do want to see how Pereira handles a strong grappler

3 Likes

That list is a fucking joke.

They’re all great, but come on. Nunes? Habib #2?

Where the fuck is Joe Louis? Where is Marciano? Where is Fedor? Where is lennox?

DC is a shill

7 Likes

Cain

3 Likes

LOL, I like DC but that is hilarious.

3 Likes

He’s funny. But I can’t take that list seriously

I promise you Daniel Cormier in his heart does not believe Amanda Nunes is the 5th best fighter of all time. ESPN said he had to include a female fighter lol

6 Likes

If DC had included Fedor, Dana would have taken back his HOF status lol

2 Likes

Definetly

Shill… and a terrible one

DC has to be political now…he makes too much money to be honest.

Honesty is for children and poor people.

Prince Harry Mic Drop GIF

1 Like

Once you read Nunes

Season 2 Lol GIF by Friends

you can’t think about DC seriously,

And fuk if ufc makes pereira vs khamzat

1 Like