DC rebooting Mad Magazine with issue #1 in April

Not sure why or what they're trying to accomplish and if they're going to radically change things. This article basically just hypes the new book, but does have one funny passage:

April 1 has long been recognized as the symbolic birthday of MAD mascot Alfred E. Neuman, whose gap-toothed visage has graced the cover of the magazine for decades. A version with his teeth and hair "fixed" appears on a promotional image for the new MAD #1, which will be edited by longtime Bongo Comics veteran Bill Morrison.

"Joining up with the crew at MAD is thrilling, exciting and an incredible responsibility,” said Morrison when he was hired. “I don’t know anyone who loves and respects MAD as much as I do. I’ll definitely have my work cut out for me, but I’m dedicated to upholding the high standards of absurd and irreverent humor that the public has come to expect from MAD. I’ve been asked if I will continue to include artist Al Jaffee in the magazine; as soon as I find out who he is, I’ll let everyone know.”

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/02/20/mad-magazines-current-issue-is-its-last-will-reboot-in-april/

Anyone have any details?

It's a gimmick, but it can drive sales very short term. I didn't realize DC owned Mad. Mad magazine was great in its day, but it seems unlikely that they could recapture what made it great and funny. 

In todays world what kind of stories can Mad even run?

BigWilliam - In todays world what kind of stories can Mad even run?

Trump bashing stories that aren't funny. 

buddie -
BigWilliam - In todays world what kind of stories can Mad even run?

Trump bashing stories that aren't funny. 

Or just actual Trump stories. Then you don't need to add humor.