DC - The multi-verse is back?!?

It started with the changes in the IC hardcover --- significant rewrites of dialog in the Infinite Crisis have been interpretted to mean the multi-verse is present.

Now in DC Nation, Didio says the entire article is a message. And a poster on newsarama claims to have decoded the message:

Hi all. My name is Logan, and I just wanted to let you know that I decoded the clue in this week's DC Nation column. It's a big SPOILER...

Okay, so here's what you do. Take every third word, and you get this:

This hints essential some ever conceal retention element therefore objections foremost finally imaginatively fruition this you thumping what our is see that hardly a transcribed translated harbinger essential multitudes unilaterally lives tenacious introduction various efforts rallied said existence stuff this information let loves essential x-ecute informed select the summation.

See it yet? Okay, last SPOILER warning...

Now take the first letter of each word, and you get this:

"The secret of fifty two is that the multiverse still exists"

So, GG'ers....what do you think?

Is the multi-verse back and if it is, is that a "good thing"?

DC is gay.

i think of the multiverse as rather like a plantar wart

god does that really even mean anything?

I love the multiverse

i think it's cool

but here's my question, that decoding thing doesn't make sense to me...

Okay, so here's what you do. Take every third word, and you get this:

This hints essential some ever conceal retention element therefore objections foremost finally imaginatively fruition this you thumping what our is see that hardly a transcribed translated harbinger essential multitudes unilaterally lives tenacious introduction various efforts rallied said existence stuff this information let loves essential x-ecute informed select the summation.

third word:
essential
conceal
therefore
finally
this
what
see
a
harbinger
unilaterally
introduction
rallied
stuff
let
x-ecute
the

[did i do this right?]

See it yet? Okay, last SPOILER warning... .

Now take the first letter of each word, and you get this: .

"The secret of fifty two is that the multiverse still exists"

did you have to rearrange the letters????

I think its a horrible decision. The whole idea of Infinite Crisis was to clear up continuity issues and give a new slate to start on with 1 earth and 1 history. Now you bring back the multiverse after you just destroyed it? Makes no sense...

I'm with Somerville Bad Boy.

"I think its a horrible decision. The whole idea of Infinite Crisis was to clear up continuity issues and give a new slate to start on with 1 earth and 1 history. Now you bring back the multiverse after you just destroyed it? Makes no sense..."

yeah, but the problem is, now we can't have multiple versions of superman, batman etc. The Roads not taken storylines are some of the most interesting ever written. Imagine an apocalyptic version of the world where luthor/darkseid won. Now we can tell great stories about those kinds of universes.

yeah, but the problem is, now we can't have multiple versions of superman, batman etc.

Sure they can, similar to Marvel's Exiles or Ultimate line...or just publish the stories as elseworlds. There's no reason --- at least that I can think of --- to tie-in multi-verses into the canon of the mainstream DCU.

I may be in the minority but I though Infinite Crises and one year later were so poorly done, at least in the Batman line, that I dropped all my DC comics except for Jonah Hex.

I may be in the minority but I though Infinite Crises and one year later were so poorly done, at least in the Batman line, that I dropped all my DC comics except for Jonah Hex.

On another message board, someone asked "should I get Infinte Crisis"? I was shocked by how many people responded that it was a piece of junk.

As for OYL, my understanding has been that's it's a financial failure and it's creative merits have been very mixed as well.

DC is hella gay.

Etrigan is so straight he'd rape your grandma

"Etrigan is so straight he'd rape your grandma"

Freakin necrophiles!