DC Universe Beta - Anyone In?

I just got my beta code, figures I would get it after deciding to give WoW a go. Anyone else playing? Is it worth it? I considered ebaying the code if it's not worth the time.

if you somehow get a beta code to give to friends.. send one my way :)

So they have a beta up and running, interesting. Will be curious to take a peek at this one at some point.

I haven't gotten one :(

also give us an update on how good it is

Yea, without fucking yourself over with user agreements, please post impressions!

The marvel online game looked like utter shit. Hopefully this one is better.

I actually think I am selling the invite. I have seen a few sell on ebay the past couple days and the beta runs until at least February so I should be able to get a little bit out of it (anything more than nothing is more than I spent.)

My friend works for SOE and has been playing it 24/7.

Spoiler: Joker will NOT be able to stick shit in people's asses.

I played the beta for a few hours and was like.......man I want those few hours back. That's just me though, I hear everybody saying it's much better than all the other failed superhero/villian MMOs. I just don't get it though. Make a character, give him skills, level him up, do quests. WTF do I look like a five year old or something? And I saw maybe one or two people actually playing the game during those few hours. Rest of the people were just standing at the bar afk.

Just not my type of MMO I guess.

How did u get the beta? I signed up at the website but did not get 1. I was looking forward to this, I loved city of Heros/villains on the pc. Just lost interest, was this not meant to be out about this time last year and it's be delayed and delayed, now back to 2011, if ever Phone Post

I got it for ps3.. looks solid but fuck playing with a.controller. I got it cause I'm a playstation plus subscriber

I posted a thread not too long ago that had a bunch of beta codes for both the PS3 and PC. I still have the code they sent me for the PC...

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=2&thread=1744538&page=1&pc=21

adrenochrome - I posted a thread not too long ago that had a bunch of beta codes for both the PS3 and PC. I still have the code they sent me for the PC...

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=2&thread=1744538&page=1&pc=21

Code left?? For pc.. care to hook me up :)

The Destroyer88 -   I just don't get it though. Make a character, give him skills, level him up, do quests. WTF do I look like a five year old or something?

Isn't this how every MMO is? I've been playing the ps3 beta and i think its pretty solid, quests seem pretty fun from the get go, started off killing cops for the joker. The combat is good, like a action game with talent trees and special abilities thrown into it. I also thought the controls on the ps3 were pretty good. I usually pick up the PC version over console games but i think i'm gonna go with the ps3 version on this, i like the idea of chilling on my couch playing an MMO.

I really want to try it with the PS3 controller. I am in the PC beta now and the controls seem to be catered to a console. Not a bad game, I played Champions and this fails in comparison to the character creator that game had. Although playing in the DC universe is pretty cool even though I prefer Marvel.

i have the beta as well.it causes my computer to fucking overheat like mad though.i would lower some of the graphics settings and such,but the beta is a bit on the buggy side and just stops.

fun game though other then the bugs.

What's with the dowoading time? Anyone have this at start up Phone Post

I'm in it. There are some things I really like about the game, but one huge game-breaker for me that I despise. That is the controls. The game is not your typical MMO. It's an action game with MMO elements. It plays like an action game. To block, you have to block, it's not controlled by a dice roll, to dodge an attack, same thing.

That is good, but from the start the game feels like it should be played with a controller, but so far, no PC controller I've tried works with it, so you're left playing with keyboard and mouse and it's just atrocious. One attack is mapped to your right mouse button, one attack to your left, the rest of the abilities are mapped to keys. It's incredibly cumbersome and annoying to play this way.

Unless they change this, this game is sadly a bust for me, which is sad, because there's a lot to like about it otherwise, which I will get into later.

I think it should play better on the PS3. I have it on the PC and tried to get the PS3 beta but no luck. They keep changing the fucking block button. Was SHIFT then "R" now it's back to SHIFT. Seeing as it's Sony's game they would be more interested in making it work on their system.