DC's "Blackest Night" is F*cking Delivering!

This is DC's best tie-in event since "Identity Crisis", though this is admitably MUCH bigger and spans the entire DC Universe.  Good stuff happening here.  I'm digging Johns' style alot.

I think all of the DC fans on here can agree that Geoff Johns' "Green Lantern" has been excellent for quite awhile and the last few issues have been especially awesome.  I personally think that "Green Lantern" is DC's best book right now.

"Blackest Night" has been good and moving along at a good pace with HUGE revelas each issue and the "Blackest Night: Superman" special was also especially good. 

Thoughts?  Gripes?  Suspicions?  I mean, anyone who follows comics on the internet already knows who the big villain is, but how are you feeling about this event so far?

I heard this is good. Are the zombies eating people like in the Marvel zombie series. Are they evil?

I wanna read this so bad but i've never read a Latern book in my life. If I just bought the main series would I get it at all? I'm not a big superhero person at all except for Invincible and crazy takes on Supes (The Boys, Incognito, and Black Summer)

Needc0ck -  It's good, but SINESTRO CORPS WAR was better so far.  The drama in this just seems contrived and predictable, but it's still a lotta fun!

This is just the preamble, brace yourself for when it really kicks off

I love what Johns has done with super hero comics...absolutely brilliant work from Superman to Green Lantern to JSA to Flash.

I'd really like to see what he'd do at Marvel, but I think he's one of those guys that just loves DC.

loving it,
I just hope it doesn't wrap up in 1 ish and is a load of crap

oh and for the record, I love most of Johns work
He is redoing some old stuff - kinda like a movie remake

Nekron is a fictional demon, a comic book character published by DC Comics. He first appeared in Tales of the Green Lantern Corps vol. 1 #2 (June 1981), and was created by Mike W. Barr, Len Wein and Joe Staton.

Origins
Nekron is the fictional ruler of a region adjoining Hell that also seems to border on Limbo and Purgatory within the DC Universe. It is where the souls of the dead await passage to their final residence in either the Silver City or Hell. Nekron draws his power from the souls and spirits of all those who have ever died.[1]

During the three issue mini-series Tales of the Green Lantern Corps, Krona's banished energy form somehow reaches Nekron's realm; a rift opens between the dimensions due to the paradox of an immortal now being in the Realm of the Dead. Desiring the living world he is now able to see, but being too large to pass through the rift, Nekron recreates Krona as an undead being of enormous power instead.

Given an army of similarly-restored spirits, Nekron sends Krona to kill the Guardians of the Universe in order to increase the size of the rift. Krona cooperates because part of Nekron's plan involves collapsing the universe so as to recreate it according to his own desires (which would give Krona the chance to see a universe being born). Krona and his minions kill several Guardians and Green Lanterns while destroying the Central Power Battery to prevent the Lanterns from recharging their power rings.

Although his attack is powerful enough to shatter the morale of the Green Lantern Corps, Hal Jordan manages to inspire and rally his fellow Lanterns into attacking Krona with the charge still left in their rings.

Nekron is defeated when Jordan enters the realm of the dead and incites the spirits of the recently-killed Lanterns to rebel against him. This gives the Guardians enough time to banish Krona into the dead realm and close the rift with Jordan still trapped inside.

The spirit of Jordan's predecessor, Abin Sur, helps him escape the realm.[2]

[edit] Later appearances
Captain Atom has a run-in with Nekron in the pages of Captain Atom #42 and #43 (June-July 1990), in which he is described as "Death as the Ultimate Opponent." Black Racer, also making an appearance, is coined "Death as an Inevitability," while Death (prominently known from her appearances in Vertigo titles) represents "Death as the Release, as Mercy, as Compassion." Drawing into the Quantum field, Captain Atom is able to get the better of Nekron and is able to visit his deceased wife.[3]

Nekron later appears in Fate #12 where he battles the demon Nebiros, following the destruction of Doctor Fate's Tower Of Fate. Also appearing in this issue is Jared Stevens (Fate).[4]

In Green Lantern Annual vol. 3 #7, Kyle Rayner encounters Nekron. During the issue, Nekron nearly reenters the living universe and briefly resurrects every deceased member of the Green Lantern Corps; equiping them with power rings charged with death energy. Kyle was able to push Nekron back into his dimension and re-seal the rift.[5]

Nekron also encounters Wonder Woman and Rebecca Carstairs (Witchfire) in Power Company: Witchfire #1.[6]

I kind of thought it would be Nekron since he was the only MAJOR Green lantern baddie that he hadn't touched yet.