de la Hoya vs. Bruce Lee

I know this is a stupid thread, but I keep getting into an argument with this guy at work about dumb shit like this. Who do you guys think would win in a street fight? I say Oscar would KO him quickly.

Oscar would KO' Bruce. Oscar has really fast hands and also outweighs Bruce by a good 50 lbs.

what i never understood is how Bruce got to be so hyped up when he never even knew Martial Arts until he started doing it in movies...

now he has his own style of fighting.....

im sure he was good and all but again, he never started learning MA until he needed it for movies.

TT

i saw bruce lee live. he would destroy de la hoya. no question in my mind at all.

Heh. Bruce was a big fan of the side kick. He'd probably fight a boxer like a San shou guy and san shou always beats boxing. Also he was a fan of dirty fighting

Bruce Lee VS Genki Sudo?

Who wins?!

I know this question is stupid and I'm embarassed to even ask it. I just don't see how a 135 lb. person could survive a de la Hoya bare-fisted combo.

old-guard is correct.  You kids just don't get it do you?  LOL.

Bruce Lee would not allow Oscar to box and would beat him very quickly.  2 highly skilled hands versus, 2 highly skilled hands and 2 highly skilled feet, isn't much of a contest.

So fast fancy kicks to the head are all it takes to beat a world champion boxer? Sweet.

amsbjj...Bruce Lee stated many times that he would not kick above the waist, the high flashy kicks were for the movies only.  He always talked about realism.  He was a martial arts genius and way ahead of his time. 

"what i never understood is how Bruce got to be so hyped up when he never even knew Martial Arts until he started doing it in movies..."

Yea and Randy never learned wrestling till he was fighting in the UFC!!!!

That's cool man, thanks, let's let this thread die.

i have seen them both and bruce lee had more power than de la hoya. lee would cripple de la hoya within seconds. this one isn't even close!

Bruce Lee is the man, but let's not get ridiculous now.

People talk about how fast Bruce Lee is. Is he really significantly faster than DLH while possessing KO power? I don't think so.

On www.insidehoops.com (bball site/forum) a thread came up several months ago with Bruce Lee in his prime vs Mike Tyson in his prime in a streetfight.

There were about 350 posts on the thread and it went approx. 75% for Bruce and 25% for Tyson.

Just goes to show you how people still cling to the "myth".

Didn't Bruce train with Joe Lewis for a bit there, I know he used to watch boxing tapes of ali, sugar ray robinson, and other greats. He used to admire the boxing hand skills and footwork.

I think in a boxing match DLH would win, in an open San Shou or mma style, I think bruce would be smart enough to stay out of hand range and soften DLH up with kicks a la Bukouw. I just think DLH would not know how to deal with kicks, takedowns etc.

Also Bruce did study ground fighting, I have a vid clip of him shooting a nice double leg takedown. He didn't include much ground stuff in his movies as he relized it wasn't as exciting on screen.

OSCAR

And what's with the one inch punch? I have a DVD of Bruce Lee with lot's of video of him and he shows the one inch punch. He hits this guy with it and the guy goes flying backwards into his chair and knocks his chair over and falls on the ground. Then he gets right back up. I think if you hit somebody with that much force they would need an ambulance. Unless it was a gimick or something.

DLH isn't going to be standing stationary with his hands around his waist ala Bob Wall.

DLH will get the early KO or it will turn into William Cheung vs Emin Boztepe, in which, I still pick DLH.

He'd probably fight a boxer like a San shou guy and san shou always beats boxing.

I'm guessing you missed Jens Pulver CRUSHING his Sanda opponent in S-cup with brutal punches?

• the resident san shou guy

well, since when is Jens Pulver a boxer?