De La Hoya vs. Pacquiao

According to espn.com, the fight will happen on December 6. Does anybody think Pacquiao has a chance in hell of winning?

Nope.

I've been bitching about Hatton being too big for Pacquiao, but this is way worse.

Kind of disappointed that Oscar took such an easy fight for his farewell bout. He's just going for the $$$$ at this point.

It will certainly be interesting to watch Pacquaio try and tear and down Oscar, because you know Manny will attempt to swarm Oscar from the opening bell.

Oscar is 5ft 11" to Manny's 5ft 4"? Correct?

Manny's 5'6 1/2". He walks around at the mid to upper 140s. IIRC, at fight time, in his last fight or two he weighed over 140.

I think all Oscar has to do is what JMM did. Circle to the left and counter as Manny charges in. I don't think he has to worry about getting knocked down like JMM did.

I'm disappointed in this fight. I think ODLH is just too big for him. I also think he would be too big for Hatton but at least they are closer to the same size...

Oscar will KO Manny easily IMO.

It's a shame he didn't go with Margarito instead, who's a true welterweight and has been calling him out.

Oscar v. Margarito would have been great. I don't think Oscar wants anything to do with Antonio at this stage in his career. Pac-man is the "safer" fight for him, and more money too. I see Oscar by KO, but I wouldn't be surprised if Pac-man pulls out a decision win by being the busier, more active fighter.

The TJ Tornado would kill Oscar. That's why I don't blame Oscar for ducking him. It's not like he's defending a title.

Pac man would demolish Hatton - Oscar is huge compared to Manny though

no interest in seeing this fight, and Pac and DLH are my two favorite still-active boxers

total waste of time for both of them

Oscar just hired Beristain as his trainer. RIP Manny :(

What happened to Floyd Sr.?

Floyd snr is training ricky Hatton for Malignaggi on Nov 22.

In the papers yesterday he had rough things to say for Hattons' former trainer, including his training method of strapping a huge bag to his chest and letting hatton pound on it.

Joe Ray - Floyd snr is training ricky Hatton for Malignaggi on Nov 22.In the papers yesterday he had rough things to say for Hattons' former trainer, including his training method of strapping a huge bag to his chest and letting hatton pound on it.

Interesting. Manny Steward was critical of the overly huge bag too.

It will be a trip to see if Mayweather can pour the boxing knowledge of "the old Michigan trainers" into Hatton's head. 2 totally different styles.

Trying to switch at this point might mess him up enough for Malignaggi to pull out a win.

"Manny Steward was critical of the overly huge bag too."

Interesting. What did Manny say about it?

Hatton says he isn't going to change his style at this stage of his game. He isn't naive enough to think he can do so.

But he thinks he is never to young to learn new tricks and that he can fight in a more intelligent manner than previous fights.

Of which he is correct on both counts.