De la Riva accused of rape

Apologies if this has been posted before. Just came across it. 

https://www.bjjee.com/bjj-news/claudia-doval-accuses-former-instructor-ricardo-de-la-riva-of-rape/

Her "body language was saying no" but her DLR guard said yes.

So she doesn’t resist or even say stop and it’s rape?

I suspect Ricardo is a Trump supporter and probably grabbed her right by the you know what 

1 Like

I’m so confused, is she claiming that he gave her an unwanted massage or that he raped her? Didn’t listen to audio.

Typical Brazilian.

"never meet your heroes, kid"

4 Likes
Easters -

"never meet your heroes, kid"

Amen to that

What did he have to say about it?  Did she press charges?  I don't like the way the  pound metoo movement vomits acccusations. reporters should be responsible enough to get both sides if they are going to print these kinds of stories.  If he did it, i'm sure there will be others who will come out as well.  the story sounds like he was pretty confident in that move.  but if it isn't like she said it was, it just makes everyone look bad.    If she is telling the truth she should press charges.  

if it does turn out to be true, with ibjjf doing background checks on their black belts now...do they strip him?

3 Likes

Massage is now rape?  I just listened and she talked about an uncomfortable massage which she did not say no to.  

1 Like

ive never seen anyone use the word Rape other than the OP on this thread 

She was 25. She admits she knew that him asking her for a massage was skeezy. Yeah, I know he was a father figure for her, but still.....

De la Hape guard. 

imma wait for DNA test before i judge.

Filho da puta ifi true.

1 Like

Her story sounds legit while his reeks of bullshit.

She could have lied about details, made him seem way more guilty given what occurred. Her story resonates as true to me.

1 Like

Typical Brazilian.  

I believe her not him.

On a SideNote -

Typical Brazilian.  

I believe her not him.

I think it’d be a short list of corals and above who haven’t used their position to creep. 

A newish white belt in the UK was complaining on reddit about Roger’s dad, whatever Gomes, being relatively aloof and unfriendly except towards the good looking women showing up when everyone had hyped him as a great instructor.  

1 Like
HillboFrateTrane -
On a SideNote -

Typical Brazilian.  

I believe her not him.

I think it’d be a short list of corals and above who haven’t used their position to creep. 

A newish white belt in the UK was complaining on reddit about Roger’s dad, whatever Gomes, being relatively aloof and unfriendly except towards the good looking women showing up when everyone had hyped him as a great instructor.  

The reports of him being a great instructor were probably from all the good looking women training there.

PArt of it is cultural, I had the experience of meeting a few Brazilian black belts in late 1990s. It was odd, getting used to their macho and “romantic” personalities. I remember being at a seminar and watching the instructor kiss all the pretty teenage girls and young adult women on the cheek. It seem forced, and all us North Americans just stood around and laughed nervously, while a couple girls “cringed” but were polite. I had a Brazilian friend laugh and say that is normal.

Personally, I don’t have doubt that he did it. But I think people forget that older guys get horny and want to get laid, and BJJ instructors are no different.

I’ll get in trouble for saying this, but none of the girls in my family I grew up with were raised with bad morals and all would have had said “no you are not coming over for a massage”, etc. no matter the guy who was asking. He didn’t force himself on her, he made a move, asked for a massage, and she let him in and slept with him. They are both adults.

To me it is a non-issue. Just because he teaches you a sport doesn’t mean anything. I believe her, but I think she used bad judgment on who to sleep with. Again, for girls with decent morals, it would have been a non-issue.

Yeah by 2020 standards the Brazilians I saw running seminars from 93-2010 all sexually harassed dozens of woman one after another in full view of scores of people.

But in our naïveté we just thought of it as flirting & that the ladies laughing & smiling meant they enjoyed it.

Dark days.

1 Like