Deadliest caliber?

I was on another thread and someone mentioned that 5.56 is meant to wound horribly but isn’t the deadliest.

Got me curious about what is the meanest round available?  Figured I’d ask some people who know more than me.

Feel free to mention both rifle and pistol rounds.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

50 bmg for rifle

500 magnum for pistol

Those are the biggest I can think of at least

My goo-bazooka

2 Likes

Any caliber that hits the central nervous system

1 Like

There is a projectile named RIP that has got to make the meanest category.
Also the dragons breath shotgun shell is a magnificent display of devastation.

88 mm

1 Like

artillery

1 Like

Demolition ranch on YouTube will give you a pretty good idea of the damage different pistol and rifle rounds will do. Tests them on different types of body armor and other things. 

7.62x39

The devastation a .50 BMG round does to a soft target itstruly fear-inducing. I doubt you'll find a deadlier round in a caliber available to purchase for civilian.

As for handguns, the. 500 Smith and Wesson is the most powerful. I haven't fired it, but I've fired .50 Action Express, .454 Casual, and .460 Smith and Wesson. I wouldn't want to get hit with any of them. Each is approaching or exceeding 2000 lb ft of muzzle energy. In a handgun. You need a lot of jerkoff time to manage that recoil.

4 bore has to be up there

1 Like

^ That's might be the classiest vibrator I've ever seen.

Thanks guys.  So basically, bigger is better?

Does anyone know where .308, 30-06 and 30-30 fall in this discussion?

I’ve been looking at all three lately.

30-06 and .308 are very similar in power

30-30 is a little bit below that

gewtting shot by any 3 in the tosro would probably kill you

.950 jdj

But anyone who says 5.56 isnt meant to kill is an absolute moron.  There are reported effectiveness problems using old shitty fmj rounds at longer range, but ask anyone who has used modern 5.56 bonded hollow points what they do to a person. Theres a reason why the FBI counterterrorist teams along with pretty much ever military and police special forces team uses it in their primary weapon.  Their goal is not to wound people.

gregbrady -

Ok, cool.  Thanks.

I really want a lever action rifle and the ones at my gun shop are mostly 30-06 and 30-30.

I've seen some sweet bolt action .308’s too.

Oh decisions.

22lr

What's your intended use?

donkypunch55 -
gregbrady -

Ok, cool.  Thanks.

I really want a lever action rifle and the ones at my gun shop are mostly 30-06 and 30-30.

I've seen some sweet bolt action .308’s too.

Oh decisions.

all three of those are very common and very good deer hunting rounds if you're looking to do that as well.