Deadlift Grip?

Is 405 overhand no straps a good pull? 165lb BW.. I don't go to gym-so not a lot to compare against.. Garage gym Phone Post 3.0

Rumble busted my Sweedish Meatballs -
GnP Sonnen -
I_AM_THE_CAWKSUCKER -
GnP Sonnen -
I_AM_THE_CAWKSUCKER -
GnP Sonnen -
I_AM_THE_CAWKSUCKER -
GnP Sonnen -
I_AM_THE_CAWKSUCKER -
GnP Sonnen - I sumo lift with a over under grip. I like that way a lot Phone Post 3.0
How much you pulling sumo? Do you conventional too? Phone Post 3.0

But I just started heavier deadlifts a few weeks ago. I don't really do conventional, it's uncomfortable for me. Phone Post 3.0
KG? Phone Post 3.0
Lbs
Sorry Phone Post 3.0
No bad dode, that's about 2x BW for you right? Phone Post 3.0
I weigh 160lbs right now so yeah pretty close Phone Post 3.0
That's a good pull for your BW. I'm chasing the 220kg by feb on the events day but I'm doubtful il reach it in that time. Phone Post 3.0
Man that's a badass goal, I'd like to get 315lbs here soon. Phone Post 3.0
FYI I only pulled 205kg at the start of February. Switching up programming Phone Post 3.0
Yeah I've mixed up my routine a bit so I haven't tested my max in a while. I may by the beginning of next month Phone Post 3.0

Kenny Blankenship - Why use straps and miss out on developing grip strength? Phone Post 3.0

When someone has been training long enough, there comes a point where grip strength becomes the limiting factor to completing the desired volume of various lifts.

Using a mixed grip increases one's grip effectiveness, but as mentioned throughout this thread carries greater risk for bicep tears.

When one fatigues his grip completely on deads, this hampers his ability to do other work requiring strong grip such as ohter pulling movements and even pressing movements. Once your grip is shot, it can lower the remaining workout's quality.

There is also a ceiling to how strong one's grip can get; perpetually trying to increase volume and loading past a certain level doesnt work.

TheBankster - Is 405 overhand no straps a good pull? 165lb BW.. I don't go to gym-so not a lot to compare against.. Garage gym Phone Post 3.0
Yes, that's a very good pull.

Over 2x bodyweight with no overhand grip and no straps won't win you any powerlifting comps but would make you stand out in most conventional gyms full of regular lifters.

Keep it up. Phone Post 3.0

I use the over under for both conventional and sumo , I can't pull In straps for some reason Phone Post 3.0