Dealing with a squatting guard passer?

My People,

I'm after some ideas. I like playing a Marcelo style sit up butterfly guard but Im having trouble when people squat to set up their pass rather than stand or kneel. My go to counter is off the menu at the moment as I'm coming back from some knee surgery so I'm keen to hear your ideas for both gi and no gi so I might be able to find a few things that will work. Thanks, Goodo

Pretty simple approach here, but whenever people deeply squat my Open Guard, of any type, I put the sole of my foot on the INSIDE of my opponent's knee and push as I pull with my grips. This will, at minimum , rotate my opponent and open him up to attacks. It's very simple and very destabilizing.

Thanks Shen. What do you mean by pull "in" as apposed to just pull?

Goodo - 

Pull towards your upper body.

shen -
Goodo - 

Pull towards your upper body.

Thanks Mate

how about no gi

FWIW, here's what I do nogi

: 2-0n-1 wrist control on opponent's RIGHT wrist,

angle so that you can get the sole of your LEFT foot on the inside of the opponent's RIGHT knee.

it's samemove as above, push with left  foot & pull with arms (towards your right side) to rotate your opponent's lower body. His right  knee will rotate about 90 degress, opening him up.

Then differnt things can happen. Sometimes they fall onto their butt or stomach, sometimes they get swept like a Push Knee Scissor Sweep, sometime they hop back to standing Open Guard. But the move fundamentally destroys the stability afforded to him by his squat (BTW, my right foot is simply monitoring him so he can't pass to my right side.)

--And that's all the move is, just something to destroy someone's "comfort zone" when they squat. I think it works great. Probably a little better of a move for people with slightly loinger legs.

is there an mma version