dealing with people that squat in your guard.

I have a real problem getting any sweeps or attacks going against guys who have good posture and sit back in a deep squatting position. If they frame well with knee grips I have a hell of a time manipulating them. If I can reach an ankle, I can off balance them but I often get caught with the leg drag as I reach.

I don't trust my butterfly hooks as I can't get a decent upper body control and one of my knees tends to pop when my leg is completely bent.

Lately I've been trying to force the RDLR, but my technique with that guard is lower than most peoples knee slide passes.

I'm sure there are a million things I could be doing, but when I'm put on the spot my brain is failing me.

What do the knowledgeable denizens of this fine forum have for suggestions?

Take your foot and put it on their inner thigh near the knee.

Simply push with your foot as you pull with whatever grips you have.

This will destroy their base and open up new worlds.

shen - 

Take your foot and put it on their inner thigh near the knee.

Simply push with your foot as you pull with whatever grips you have.

This will destroy their base and open up new worlds.

What Shen said. Use your feet to push off the inside of their knee, similar to the way you would when off-balancing them with the non-dlr hook.

If they have knee grips on your pants, I like to go two on one, pull their sleeve and kick my leg to break a grip. Once that one grip is broken, I control it by going foot in bicep.

Thanks for the tips. The guy keeps his elbows in tight by his knees so it makes the
Knee push tricky but I will give it a shot.

If they are sitting back in a squat, it is often easier to sit up into a double leg.

Kiss of the dragon!!! Phone Post 3.0

superninjadragonkiller - Kiss of the dragon!!! Phone Post 3.0

I've been playing with that but he is good at pressuring across with the knee. He's a tricky bastard.

You can always "accidentally" kick him in the "balls". 

You can also play a sit up/arm drag guard.

Single hook sitting guard might work too.

Good luck

Shin to shin. Phone Post 3.0

This.

Elbows in, deep squat, won't give you anything...sounds like he is stalling?

I'd just attempt to stand up, forcing a reaction.

Papa November -

This.

This is great, gonna work this extra this week. Phone Post 3.0