Dear Abby: Teen girl shocked by her dad’s idea to help her sleep

DEAR ABBY: My 16-year-old daughter, “Lily,” came home from her father’s very upset.
She has trouble sleeping, and I have been taking her to the doctor for tests. Her father told her not to tell anyone, handed her a vibrator and told her that an orgasm will help her sleep.

Lily was shocked and embarrassed that he would suggest such a thing and asked me if she could throw it away.
I’m furious that he would use such poor judgment with his 16-year-old daughter. He feels he has an open relationship with her and that I am a prude. I feel what he did was extremely inappropriate, but I’m not sure how to handle it.

OVERSTEPPED BOUNDARIES

She no longer wants to go to his house but wants me to be the one to tell him.

2 Likes

Dude is definitely trying to groom and fuck his daughter. You wouldn’t even bring that up unless that’s where your head was.

7 Likes

Why didn’t he just give her Tylenol pm and work the vibrator himself? Lazy ass dads

19 Likes

op incest GIF

26 Likes

That dude is a literal child rapist

5 Likes

yeah maybe mom should have called the cops instead of firing off a letter to an advice columnist

8 Likes

In his defense blasting one out is pretty effective…

14 Likes

Pics?

1 Like

I sleep so well after firing one out, when I wake up, I sometimes forget where I am for the first 20 sec.

1 Like

Here’s why this fuckin place always has me coming back. Speaking of coming, it’s late and I can’t sleep :v:t3:

3 Likes

Is there another way to fall aaleep?

2 Likes

There is a reason resting is called taking a load off!

4 Likes

My daughter’s doctor asked if she was sexually active. I said “fuck no! She just lays there like her mother.”

25 Likes

Context and more information is necessary here…as with anything really.

Let us ask a question… what if this was his son and he bought him a bottle of lotion and gave him the same advice. Still grooming?

This could be a dude just solving an over dramatic daughters problem because he was tired of listening to the complaining and lack of effort to actual solve an issue…. Ooooooorrrr, he was grooming the fuck out of her and waiting for his opportunity. Hehe.

3 Likes

Apples and oranges IMO. If a mom did the same thing to her son that would be fucked up. Still fucked up if mom to daughter, but less fucked up.

Pics of the girl?
What? Was that inappropriate?

1 Like

And if stepmom did the same it would be hot as fucked up

waking up GIF

5 Likes

While I get what you are saying… Let me ask you this.

What if my 18 year old daughter asks me a question about sex? Should I shut down and refuse to answer? Blow up and kick the shit out of her? Write Dear Abby and ask her for advice?

Now, I ask that understanding that the father was the one that added the sexual component to this particular issue that we a discussing but we are getting second hand info on the father/daughter relationship from a possibly hostile source, the exwife. Again, context matters…

Also, I am not blind that the guy could be a monster and the daughter is really in harms way…

I think 18 is different than 16 but idk. This is a weird topic

1 Like