dear lord - Thai liniment problem?

For several months here in NYC it's been a pain finding Thai liniment. All the stories in Chinatown have been saying "next month" with no luck. Now, according to the owner of one of the local Thai stores, the US decided to ban its importation? I find this hard to believe, but anyone know anything about this?

www.vutmuaythai.com/catalog.php

I ordered a case a few years ago from that site. They give a good discount if you call them.

That would suck if it was banned.

TTT

It's for sale all over ebay, maybe its local, but if they ban Nam Muay I'm screwed.

My coach hasn't been able to stock any here in Texas for a while either. I'm curious if it really isn't being imported anymore. Or maybe it's going to start showing up on american shelves like tiger balm. I've found a couple american sports creams with the same active ingredients (listed on the label) to tide me over in the meantime.

If you can't find Thai oil pick up some Kwon Loon oil from a Vietnamese store. It's more effective than Thai oil and gives a better "burn/cooling" feeling.

I tried using Thai oil after running out of Kwon Loon oil and I couldn't even feel it. I haven't switched back since finding this stuff, it works great.

Well for one thing it makes your pecker stiff and increase to twice it's size. Needless to say I'm addicted.

Tiger Linament is pretty good

lkfmdc - For several months here in NYC it's been a pain finding Thai liniment. All the stories in Chinatown have been saying "next month" with no luck. Now, according to the owner of one of the local Thai stores, the US decided to ban its importation? I find this hard to believe, but anyone know anything about this?

lol, I've heard that on and off for years...about Red Bull (the Thai version) as well as the liniment.

It's perfectly legal, you can order it online. We always have a bunch of it at my gym.

I think you're getting the round-eye runaround, you should bust out in Cantonese at those shopkeepers and freak them out.

Well, in the past we never had trouble getting it. But for months now it has disappeared...

Also, we have a Thai student who heard it (in Thai) from one of the shop keepers. So no definitive news still, we keep looking into it

Google is your friend:

http://store.titleboxing.com/muscleliniment.html

http://grocerythai.com/thai-boxing-liniment-boxing-oil-p-564.html

http://www.valleymartialarts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=147&products_id=1119

Those are just the first few place selling it.

People still go and buy things in stores? Yeesh. That's sooooo 1996.

BTW,there's nothing illegal in Thai liniment, it's basically a menthol oil with methyl salicylate in it. Both of which are in most OTC liniments. And if it had been made illegal you would have seen about 1 million posts about it on every kickboxing board in the U.S.

People still go and buy things in stores? Yeesh. That's sooooo 1996.

Yeah, well I was listening to my 8 track tape when I figured out I needed it, so I popped a cassette in my walkman, put on my bellbottoms, dropped a token in the subway turnstile, and went down there :)

(I know about the internet, but I was getting sickly good prices at the stores in Chinatown)

Bellbottoms? Sweet.

Did you meet up with the rest of the Ross clan a few weeks ago? I don't know if you remember but my gf's mom is your cousin or something--her name's Fern. They were all down in NYC for some sort of memorial.

JohnnyKnees - If you can't find Thai oil pick up some Kwon Loon oil from a Vietnamese store. It's more effective than Thai oil and gives a better "burn/cooling" feeling.

I tried using Thai oil after running out of Kwon Loon oil and I couldn't even feel it. I haven't switched back since finding this stuff, it works great.

I just picked some Kwan Loong oil. It does get nice and hot. The box says is is 35% Methyl Salicylate and 16% Menthol. Thai oil is 31% Methyl Salicylate and 1% Menthol.

Thanks for the tip!

ttt

LMFAO, talk about bellbottoms, ask to see some old pics of my cousin Fern :)

Honestly, I right now suck at being a family devoted person, too many fights, every weekend... I think they came down to see my uncle, who has been sick

I can check my local place, or google boonsook muay thai and/or ultimate fight gear online.