DEAR STRIKEFORCE: Promote FANCY PANTS Beerbohm

Strikeforce: you have an amazing undefeated lightweight fighter who finishes fights and has a great fan base and you let him rot on the bench. Why?! Lyle Fancy Pants Beerbohm is 16-0 as a pro (and undefeated pro/ammy 26-0), yet you let him sit there on his hands. what's the deal? seems like you should be promoting the hell out of this guy. plus he has one hell of a marketible story and a documentary coming out. do something Scott Coker! Do something Rich Chou! Show that Strikeforce actually wants to put on some decent cards. The fans demand it.

ttt

agreed...maybe if he signed with M-1 Strikeforce would take him seriously

I would go to a Lyle Beerbohm seminar. Any plans for one?

LilBrockonmychest -  I agree...he needs to be promoted or at least deserves a step up in competition.  Tough dude and a great comeback story.

But why is it that Lyle seems to be the only fighter where his supporters want to add his amateur record into his pro record (Wicked Clinch does this all the time).   I've never seem someone say "Chuck Liddell is 20-6 but 32-6 overall.  It's weird

I can't speak for WICKED but I just mentioned that to put his undefeated record in perspective. If you think that he has fought 26 times in a cage without one loss, it's pretty staggering. you know? that's the only reason I mentioned it. plus, think about cali fighters who don't have amateur/pro tallies, they are never 10-0 and then start pro careers and start back over at 0-0, they carry their whole record, so i think it is mentionable in comparison. if FP was in Cali - he'd be 26-0.

pretty bad ass if you ask me. it's a staggering record. not very many fools can claim that shit.

cagebum - 
LilBrockonmychest -  I agree...he needs to be promoted or at least deserves a step up in competition.  Tough dude and a great comeback story.

But why is it that Lyle seems to be the only fighter where his supporters want to add his amateur record into his pro record (Wicked Clinch does this all the time).   I've never seem someone say "Chuck Liddell is 20-6 but 32-6 overall.  It's weird

I can't speak for WICKED but I just mentioned that to put his undefeated record in perspective. If you think that he has fought 26 times in a cage without one loss, it's pretty staggering. you know? that's the only reason I mentioned it. plus, think about cali fighters who don't have amateur/pro tallies, they are never 10-0 and then start pro careers and start back over at 0-0, they carry their whole record, so i think it is mentionable in comparison. if FP was in Cali - he'd be 26-0.

^^^Exactly.  Don't know why it is so offensive to mention.  It really is pretty amazing.  I'd love to see Fancy Pants fight Josh Thomson this year.  Signed.

Looks like sherdog is missing his first pro fight and UG is missing his last one. i think? yea let's see some contender competition for FP - I'm excited to see if he really is as good as I think he is and pumped to see this movie coming up

They're giving him the shit end of the stick.

yes and i like sf but this is the problem im not a zuffa zombie but the ufc would have this guy on ufc primtime posting his creds all over the place putting up flyers in podunk nowhere to get the word out awesome fighter scott doesn't even realize the guys on the roster what gives sf

ttt

Lyle's lack of promotion has me in a fuhrer!

Here we go with the nazi comments in 3-2-1 ------

Agree. Great fighter, inspiring story.

I am researching the fancy pants documentary on the internet --------------it looks amazing and the female director is hot as f*ck. wish SF would just promote him already, shame fans don't know much about him

blue namer
http://www.nosubmissionfilm.com/Images.html#34

blue namer
http://www.nosubmissionfilm.com/Images.html#34

RyannVonDoom -  Great thread! I'm proud to call Lyle my friend! GIVE HIM HIS SHOT! 

RVD are you in spokane? I just learned about fancy pants earlier this year and I couldn't believe he was a strikeforce fighter and I had never heard of him. shame. a lot of fans are missing out and SF has their heads up their asses on this one for sure.

Lyle def needs to be put into exciting fights. JZ/Beerbohm lets see it.

JZ v. Beerbohm
Thomson v. Beerbohm
Masvidal v. Beerbohm
Evangelista v. Beerbohm
Melendez v. Beerbohm
Ribeiro v. Berbohm 2
Healy v. Beerbohm

I mean, come on. There's 7 great fights right there and I ain't even breaking a sweat. You think Chou might put on his little thinking cap and get somethign going for this undefeated fighter?