death from 1 punch

Come on FCTV, waist of real estate is a little hard..

There is some beautiful people and lots of aloha over there! I've spent alot
of time surfing and hanging out on the westside beaches and had great
times and been shown so much aloha its unreal! Its one of the last places
you'll find "real aloha and true local vibe"!! They don't play no hyped up
Hollywood Hawaii, just true Hawaiian spirt! Yes there is violance there, but
so does the rest of the world!! Oh and I'm a Haole living on this rock!!

Aloha,

*packs truck up with surfboard, cooler and heads over to Makaha for the
weekend!

A haole law student doent belong in nanakuli to begin with. Should have known us white folk dont last long out there.

"I'm sure that he didn't intend to kill the guy, but the attacker deserves to pay dearly for his crime; he should be up for murder."

Great logic!

There is a boxer who killed someone, and I think it was with just one punch. He just did a few years in fail and is going to make his pro debut soon. I just saw it on espn.com a couple weeks ago.

Is this really his fault? Can you really blame him, if his intention was not to kill the guy but just to punch him but ends up killing him. If a persons intention was to kill then of course i would consider it murder.

Not to make excuses for Nanakuli, but I find it incredible that anyone could travel someplace they've never been, and not do some research of what to look out for and where to avoid. Instead, he's there for less than a day and he's in Nanakuli looking for a place to "camp out" on the beach?

Not even Moke would go to Nanakuli to camp on the beach. I've been to places here on the mainland where I didn't belong and got stared at like I just stepped out of a UFO, but I've been lucky for the most part...

Mark,

I work on that side of the island and I feel the same.  A nuke would be nice, or them breaking off and drifting off towards Canada or some other secluded place would be awesome.  Nothing good comes out of that place, IMHO.

"There is some beautiful people and lots of aloha over there!"

okay, please make a list--i can add a few names of my own too, and we'll ship them out b4 the tsunami.

"FCTV the diet getting to you?! lol"

THE "D" WORDDD!!!!!!

nocturnal, i agree and stand by my "waste of real estate"--there r some good people out there, but our pussy ass administration and overly compassionate views wouldn't allow people's like me to do what necessary to clean it up--ie kahoolawe work internment camps and such.

rip

FALSE CRACK!

I said:

"I'm sure that he didn't intend to kill the guy, but the attacker deserves to pay dearly for his crime; he should be up for murder."

and got responses of:

um....hence the manslaughter charge

Great logic!

I guess this story really stikes a nerve with me because I can (very clearly) imagine how I would feel if this happened to my son.

A kid with everything going for him, a brilliant life ahead of him is killed for the stupidest, most senseless reason. Maybe there's more to the story, and if so, maybe my opinion would change if I heard it, but the story reads: The kid was punched and killed because he took a picture of a guy without asking first.

Yep, I know, what happened fits the technical definition of manslaughter, but my point is: in this case it is not enough. If this happened to your son, would you be satisfied with the manslaughter charges? Would you think, "Oh, manslaughter, yep, that makes sense"?

so i take it this is like a really bad part of hawaii?

Some parts of Hawaii seem to be filled with racist fucks. Before coming to this board, I never pictured it as a dangerous place where welfare thugs beat and kill "outsiders for invading their space." Fuck em all.

This could have happened anywhere. Nanakuli and Waianae are low-income communities. If this guy had been in any low-income area in the country, walking around taking pictures of he people he didnt know, im betting his fate would be the same.

I've had 2 friends of friends that killed people in fights...one was a one punch, the other from "ground and pound" (not a trained guy).

In both cases it was essentially the end of life for all involved, obviously the deceased were gone but the guys that caused their death were never the same afterward either.

I wonder if it wasn't really because of the photo. Not saying it's the case, but i got the impression that maybe the man was gay. I could have been reading it wrong but got the impression that Goldstein might be his bf.

Not that that is wrong, but because it's even worse to have hate be the only reason to attack someone.

Either way it's a tragic waste that seems to happen too often. In Eugene, here, there have been several deaths from people being punched or beaten and died from the fall or injuries.

"all his friends and family will come to court and testify what a hard childhood he had and how "junior is one good boy" and shit like that. and how hard he works to support his 20 kids from 21 different females of which 22 will show up in court, half to support, and half to collect unpaid child dues."

LOFL!! You sound like my brother. He said, "Never name your kid Ikaika, unless you want to be yelling 'IKAIKA stop doin dat!' all day long."

SgtDiamond, the person beaten to death was a local, I dont think he was in the military. I call that store "crackhead market".

LOL @ Serge

I was being sarcastic when I said that guys. I'm a haole in Hawaii