DEATH

...Do you guys fear it?...What happens after?
Im at a point in my life where im thinking more about it. I have a family, house, good job, great friends etc...
I didn't use to fear death because in my mind I didn't have a lot to lose. Obviously things have changed.

So what are your thoughts on it? Should we fear it..either for religious reasons or the fear of the unknown?
Please share how you feel about it. Phone Post 3.0

It's inevitable. ...just go live your life. Phone Post 3.0

I have Lack of Comprehension regarding Death

I really like their song 'spirit crusher'

Been thinking about it a lot too.

I wonder what it's like to die. Thing is, we will all some day find out.

I imagine it's like going under amnesia. Phone Post 3.0

I'm well insured, so I won't be leaving my family in a lurch. My wife is beautiful, so she won't be alone unless she wants to be. My stepdaughters are mostly grown up, so my parenting will live on in them. I've made enough people laugh that I will be remembered.

My biggest fear is leaving my youngest daughter fatherless. I think once she's older, that will pass.

Valar morghulis.

Damn thought this was about the band...but while I'm here, I didn't mind things before I was alive and I doubt I'll mind thing a much afterwards. In the meantime, I'm trying to enjoy the ride! Focus on the living, not the dying. Phone Post 3.0

Sagiv Lapkin - 

Valar morghulis.

Valar dohaeris

VU blood of my blood

disbeliever - I don't fear it at age 35, but I certainly think about my mortality more now than ever before.

When you are 18 or 20, most people have the majority of their family and friends alive, and are healthy.

When you are 35 you've lost family members and friends and start to notice health issues or injuries creeping up on you, like you are being stalked.

I can relate to being stalked! I constantly injure myself in ways a younger man (20-25) would never I am 31, about to be 32, and it's a fight everyday not to twist my ankle or bruise the crap outta myself. I almost cut my finger off with a sawsall two days ago. Wait until these kiddos get a bit older. They'll see.

Memento Mori.

I believe it was Jung who said all fears (public speaking, flying, etc..) really boil down to the ultimate fear, the fear of death. I tend to agree.

At 40, I realize my own mortality in a way that I never did in my early 30s much less my 20s. Phone Post 3.0

I fear the death of loved ones, because losing someone you are close to is shitty. I also fear the act of dying because of the potential pain/panic involved, but I don't fear being dead at all.

It's just nothingness...you don't know any better when you are dead so there there's nothing to fear. Or on the retardedly small and insanely unlikely chance there is some kind of afterlife, that would be badass and also nothing to fear.

"Like being stalked"

Very accurate.

Every day I feel him closer though I haven't seen him, I know he's there, waiting and watching. I know he will bring me down but I don't know when or how. I hope I get to see my son become a man and I hope my son outlives me.

What happens when we die? We will all find out won't we.

Death comes and there's not a damn thing we can do about it. Phone Post 3.0

I never feared it, in fact for much of my life, I looked forward to it (in a way) and always figured it would be @ my own hands when I just got too tired to keep going. 

Now, I have a daughter and it is all different.  Obviously the whole "at my own hands" is not even a fucking consideration anymore, but I also want to make sure I get her to a point where she is a happy and productive adult.  I also every so often think about having to tell my daughter the news if I get some sort of horrible illness, the way my mom had to with me.  

So, yeah, I think about it much differently today than I did years ago.

Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt!

DEATH! Phone Post 3.0

doesn't really scare me anymore. It used to, but now it doesn't worry me; I worry more about my better half being able to pay the mortgage if I die.

Not Today! Phone Post 3.0

disbeliever - 
ryanJ - 

I never feared it, in fact for much of my life, I looked forward to it (in a way) and always figured it would be @ my own hands when I just got too tired to keep going. 

Now, I have a daughter and it is all different.  Obviously the whole "at my own hands" is not even a fucking consideration anymore, but I also want to make sure I get her to a point where she is a happy and productive adult.  I also every so often think about having to tell my daughter the news if I get some sort of horrible illness, the way my mom had to with me.  

So, yeah, I think about it much differently today than I did years ago.

Yea pretty much at this point my entire long term goals are making sure both my children are raised right, and grow to become happy, healthy and successful adults. Then I can die

AWWWWWWW, that's super fatherly of you! We need more men like you in this world. Take it from me, I'm a man.

Good posts. So do any of u believe in reincarnation? Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_Nightkap - Good posts. So do any of u believe in reincarnation? Phone Post 3.0
Yep. I feel that the Law of Conservation of Energy falls in line with my spiritual belief in reincarnation. Phone Post 3.0