DeBlasio Takes Away Snow Days

The Grinch that stole snow days.

Remote learn at home he says.

KIds are going to hate him.

No snow days.   Wow.

Well if they're going to be at home, why would they need snow days?

this is fine. there will be low or no expectations from most teachers on this. and districts wont have to be so stingy with snow days. 

used to be you had a certain number you could use before they start taking away days from spring break, memorial day, etc.   Now you can do unlimited snow days because it still counts as school. 

mostly, this is a joke. and why is deblasio making decisions that people in charge of school districts should be making. 

He will replace them with BLM riot days. 

from what i read it is because they need to get there 180 days in and they aren't starting until 9/21. most districts, even if they hadn't started in person yet, started online instruction a week or two ago. NYC has done nothing. what a joke. 

I am in western new york. we have had 11 days of school already. 

My niece and nephew have been back in school for a week at least. Mid-Hudson area.

My kids been back in school since late August. I’m in California and give no credit to our dumbfuck govonor though. My kids in a good school district. 

Today, last minute Deblasio delayed school opening for another couple of weeks.

My friend who is a teacher keeps telling me that DOE is just blowing the smoke up our asses and we will not have physical school this year. All remote. How the working parents as myself supposed to go back to work is a little beyond me. 

Oh and after school programs for many schools are canceled. Magnet programs are canceled. My son scored very high on math talent test last year and got into good school with good math magnet program all for nothing. Great

Just home school your kids. Why would you send your children to be brainwashed by these fucking asses 

fanat - 

My friend who is a teacher keeps telling me that DOE is just blowing the smoke up our asses and we will not have physical school this year. All remote. How the working parents as myself supposed to go back to work is a little beyond me. 

Oh and after school programs for many schools are canceled. Magnet programs are canceled. My son scored very high on math talent test last year and got into good school with good math magnet program all for nothing. Great

You haven’t moved away yet?

Snow days. Haha. You bunch of pussies. Fricking snow days. Hahaha. 

Snow days were the greatest but there were those times where the forecast was for a blizzard overnight so you were like "fuck it I'll do my homework tomorrow" wake up the next morning to realize the fucking weatherman fucked you over and there's like a 1" of snow on the ground and you have to rush through your homework on the bus.  

I fucking loved snow days.

I used to listen to WGN Radio hoping for my grade school’s name to be called.

2 Likes

My earliest memory is of a blizzard when I was 4 in Brooklyn.   

Snow days are meaningful to young kids.

e. kaye - 

Snow days and when it was too cold. They would call a day off when it was sub zero.

That is as good as it gets.

e. kaye -

lol, and do you think kids are given snow days because they create meaningful memories?

There are no commute dangers with remote learning, therefore there's no need for snow days. DeBlasio is a joke, but anyone having a problem with this specific issue is a moron.

AnthonyWeiner -
fanat - 

You haven’t moved away yet?

Sadly no

I grew up in Russia. 

Snow days????? LOL

itskrisdude - 
e. kaye -

lol, and do you think kids are given snow days because they create meaningful memories?

There are no commute dangers with remote learning, therefore there's no need for snow days. DeBlasio is a joke, but anyone having a problem with this specific issue is a moron.

Someone had a rough childhood. LOL 

e. kaye -
itskrisdude - 
e. kaye -

Someone had a rough childhood. LOL 

As a kid I loved my summers more than anything else, which is what will continue to be cut short if whimsical sissies such as yourself want to grant snow days because of memories from 50 years ago.

There will be plenty of snow days in the future, grandpa. DeBlasio passed them out like candy last year, so let's start applying them when they're actually needed.