Deer hunting - cheap shotgun gets it done (pics)

Finally got a chance to get out even though I missed the opener this weekend due to work. Fresh snow last night made for a good hunt this morning. Me and the cheap-o Mossberg 500 slugger got her done today and filled the freezer :)

Hopefully chase some bucks tomorrow.

Phone Post 3.0

congrats on your kill. what are you going to do with the meat? i always like to get dinner sausages and jerky from my deer

Steaks, roasts, back straps, pepper jack and jalapeño deer sticks. Phone Post 3.0

I've always heard that Mossbergs were a nice reliable gun, they're all I've ever shot but I've never hunted so I don't know. Phone Post 3.0

They're not the greatest scatter guns made but they are reliable and go bang every time. Comes down to shot placement and the shooter, have a lot of buddies with benellis and Remington 1100s that cry every time they scratch their guns going through the brush.

I'd take a 500 or 870 anyday for a pump. Auto loaders are a different story though. Phone Post 3.0

that a fawn?? Phone Post 3.0

Lol a fawn has spots these were mature does. Phone Post 3.0

Nice job I'm fuckin jealous. Phone Post 3.0

Nice, VU O

I'm going muzzleloader tomorrow Phone Post 3.0

congrats

Nice to see others keeping the heart too. I made deer and bear stew last week. Phone Post 3.0

Wish I would have got my doe tag this year....the only buck I've seen were all too small to shoot.

I could have sworn I posted I was jealous and now the post disappeared? Anyways fuckin deer roast would be awesome. Pepperettes also. Phone Post 3.0

Hearts the best part. Phone Post 3.0

This heart was full of bone fragments and a Remington copper solid

Phone Post 3.0

YOU SHOULD KEEP THAT HEART SINCE YOU OBVIOUSLY DONT HAVE ONE.

Good luck fellas Phone Post 3.0

TheSergeK - 

YOU SHOULD KEEP THAT HEART SINCE YOU OBVIOUSLY DONT HAVE ONE.

wait a minute. didn't you trap and kill like over a hundred bears???

I dont want to debate, but i really can imagine any normal person getting joy out of doing that.

TFK_Fanboy - 
Rockstars - Hearts the best part. Phone Post 3.0
Over back strap? I disagree Phone Post 3.0

Back strap is by far the best part.