Demian Maia: Science of Jiu-Jitsu!

ogjune, Thanks for the heads up on that. That one slipped by me.

As far as the video clips loading slow, these files are huge. We anticipated some slow downs on the servers from the release. We are looking at about 100 meg of video total to watch all 6 sets. I would say that today things will most likely free up and you will be able to watch the clips no problem.

I agree with Andre about no gi concepts in the set. If any set has ever been done that can be looked at as a crossover set, this is it. I believe that this is mainly due to the fact that much of the set is about theory along with techniques.

The discount code MMA.TV should work for all. If you are having a problem, contact orders@groundfighter.com. They will be able to help you out with getting the order in with the discount.

Very interesting looking set!  I can't wait to check it out.

Good looking set from the clips. Great price too. Will probably get one

tttfl

this is exactly what i want to learn. i want to see on dvd the princples and concepts that make techniques work.

awesome paul!!

great clips.

principles and concepts is the next evolution in bjj instructionals. that's what made saulo's revolution so successful.

might we be seeing marcelo's input in this genre?

I do not see us producing another series with Marcelo. I have had many conversations with him about the past sets and sets that we recently made. Marcelo's views on his DVDs are much different. He really does not seem to give much thought into the overall process. He feels that his techniques are so unique; that all he has to do is show his game and move on. In many ways, he is right. By the time we reached the last set with him, he would just show up and we would turn the camera on. I never had to worry about the moves being poor or redundant. He is as professional as they come in that respect. As far as him going back and showing theory and concepts, it really is not his bag. Marcelo also seems to be 100% focused on his MMA career. Marcleo also has some books coming out now. We talked about this also a few times before he produced with Victory Belt. There was no possible way that we could produce this product because we had filmed all of these same moves on DVD. I am not sure how Victory Belt could pull this off and make money. It will be interesting to see how well an Arm Drag and X-Guard book will sell. I may learn something from this situation myself.

How about Saulo?  Will you do another set with him?

Paul, your next job is to get Rickson to do a DVD set

We need a Roy Harris series with all his knowledge. His knowledge is amazing and all his current DVDs are just 1% of his game compared to the knowledge he has about BJJ and teaches at his seminars.

A complete series with him would be really amazing.:-)

Take care
Björn

^^^^ Agreed x 1,000,000

Roy could practically do a 6 DVD set *just* on the upa escape.

^isn't that what hes working on, i heard Roy Harris was gonna be putting everything in his brain on BJJ (as well as other martial arts) on DVD^

If you are taking requests, I would love to see a set with Cobrinha. I take private lessons with him and his knowledge and approach to positions are unique, even if it was duplicate of the Japanese set, english instruction will make it a completely new set.

The only other person out there I'd be interested in a set from at this point is Robson Moura.

paul
vids sound great
thanks for pushing for better and better ideas for us to learn from.
any chance on mario sperry doing another gi series?

TTT for later

Good candidates for instructional sets

Robson Moura

Felipe Costa

Roger Gracie

John Danaher

Rickson Gracie

I'd buy 'em ;-) but I don't think Rickson will ever do a set, and Roger is so big his game might not adapt well to us reg'lar sized folks :-P

And doesn't Felipe Costa have two tapes out (guard and guard passing)?

Felipe has two dvds out and imo are some of the best instructionals i have seen and are way too short.

He really needs a bigger set and i would love to see someone like paul put out a 6dvd set by him.

There is much more Roger than size.  He is a great teacher.

Felipe does have discs out but he needs to cover more material.  I thought he explained stuff very well.