Denis Kang Loses again in Korea

FrateTrane_MaimedShane - BTW Kang started losing when he started fighting better competition.

He won 20 straight against such world beaters as Takahiro Oba, Kim Jae Young and Kobus Huisamen with his best win coming against Ninja or Gono(which are solid wins). Then he started fighting guys like Misaki, Sexyama, Mousasi, Belcher, Bisping etc and lost.

Dunno if its quite that simple. The Misaki fight was razor close, and if I remember correctly was in the finals of a GP where Kang injured his arm (it was all taped up). Who knows what would have happened if he wasn't injured.

The Sexyama fight he got caught.

The Mousasi fight he got caught in a triangle.

Belcher fight he was winning handily up until he got guillotined.

Bisping fight it looked like he made a tactical error in pulling guard when he could have scrambled for top position or back to his feet.

Watching those fights, you never got the impression he was lacking the physical tools to win, just maybe he didn't have the mental focus anymore that you need to win at the very top level. Of course who knows, maybe he never had did have it and the stars just lined up for an amazing run against mostly mediocre opposition. Still, it was a great run.

octowussy - 
ramit upper - This guy was never the same after the brutal beatdown that Bisping put on him.

Look at this faggot. It's refreshing to see Bisping's fans are just as classless as he is.

I'm sure this is just another case of that hilarious British humor, but Denis won two in a row after the Bisping fight. And fought Filho to a draw.
STFU   ok it wasn`t a tasteful remark..but after all the shit that people talk abut Bisping on a daily basis I find it ironic that you chose to insult Bisping & single out Bisping fans & British sense of humour.

Hypocrite.

Kang had the talent to be a top, top fighter, but he lacks the mental tools and has difficulty putting it all together.

RIP Shelby

:(

I've followed Denis's career ever since I used to train at Marcus Soares place here in Van.

He's a great coach and an awesome guy and always treated the lower belts with respect and class. I will never stop cheering for him.

I still root for him too and want him to do well. He is not performing up to his capabilities in any way though. Maybe he is just as hungry as ever, but his performances say otherwise. He should not be getting subbed by JT Money or getting TKO'd by Oyama.

Stand and Kang?

became a big fan of his after watching his fights with semenov, but i thought he was going to be the man after  the way he destroyed rua and suloev.

I first saw Kang in his Pride fights. Been rooting for him ever since. I hope he will get a win soon again. Phone Post

People hating on Shungo are just dumb. Dude's always been exciting, win or lose. Go watch the Renzo fight, he really got under his skin and threw Renzo beautifully twice before winning a decision. Dude's also beaten Rodrigo Gracie, Newton, V. Overeem, and now Kang.

It's also not like he had it easy... he has fought Wandy, Cro Cop, Hendo, three Gracies, and Manhoef twice.

^ Oyama is not unskilled. He was a good judo athlete before getting into MMA after all. Still his best wins were years ago, he has a losing record and epitomizes inconsistency. Kang losing to him is not a good sign that he'll be a legit threat again soon.

JackFunk - I've followed Denis's career ever since I used to train at Marcus Soares place here in Van.

He's a great coach and an awesome guy and always treated the lower belts with respect and class. I will never stop cheering for him.

2nd all the above.

Win or lose , DenDawg fan here.

Yikes...might be one of the biggest downfalls in MMA.

LTL -
JackFunk - I've followed Denis's career ever since I used to train at Marcus Soares place here in Van.

2nd all the above.

Pffft
That guy beat me up all the time and never even bought me a big Mac:(

And if he's reading this I never even tried so all your wins against me are tainted lol

He's a great guy and I wish him nothing but the best Phone Post

He really did have a lot of skills, and prior to his ufc run, really looked good. It's a shame. sometimes things just dont work out.

1) man has lots of skills- he does so many things well

2) his build versus his endurance is horrible for MMA

3) his chin is not the best

4) mentally, he seems to collapse at times

He got submitted by Jason Miller Feb 0f 2003, then:

From April 2003 Denis Kang had 23 fights, losing NONE of them, having 1 draw and 1 nc, and only 3 of those 21 victories were decision wins.

His last win during this streak was his first fight after his fiance died(RIP), and the same night fought and lost to the eventual Pride MW Champion Kazuo Misaki.

So before his fiances death, he was on a 20 fight win streak.

After her death

He's gone 7-8-1

I think it's obvious

Really disappointed. I remember watching him in PRIDE years ago and thinking that he was going to go somewhere big. Sad to see that he's never been able to put it together.

ramit upper - 
octowussy - 
ramit upper - This guy was never the same after the brutal beatdown that Bisping put on him.

Look at this faggot. It's refreshing to see Bisping's fans are just as classless as he is.

I'm sure this is just another case of that hilarious British humor, but Denis won two in a row after the Bisping fight. And fought Filho to a draw.
STFU   ok it wasn`t a tasteful remark..but after all the shit that people talk abut Bisping on a daily basis I find it ironic that you chose to insult Bisping & single out Bisping fans & British sense of humour.

Hypocrite.

YOU'RE A FUCKING IDIOT!

I don't hate bisping, but I sure hate his fans.

PS: BAN THIS COCKSUCKER!