Dentist

Moved a couple of years ago. Don't have dental insurance and haven't seen a dentist in a while.
started having a tooth pain last week so I found a local dentist with good reviews and I'm going today.
I dislike Dentists because I feel like they are always trying to upsell you on some crap and that they take advantage of you at every turn.
so my tooth pain is all the way in the back, lower.
not sure if its a cavity or what. I've never had cavities and I think I had all my wisdoms out but I don't remember.
Just looking for some advice on what to watch out for so they don't con me into buying shit I don't need or doing some procedure that isn't necessary. Lets say I have a cavity, are there good and bad methods for dealing with that?
Not sure wtf a root canal is, but lets say I need one. Anything specific I should request.
hope the assistants have big tits and that they keep bumping into my head with them.
thanks!

If its in the back and likely won't be seen, you can get it pulled for about 1/5th of the cost of a root canal. I did it when I was broke as hell (upper left main back tooth) and in a weird turn of events having the tooth pulled actually allowed my wisdom tooth to drop down into place, so i basically replaced it and prevented that one tooth from ever being impacted and needing wisdom tooth surgery.

Is it a private practice or group type setting? If you have any questions after you leave feel free to shoot me a PM I'm a dentist and should be able to help you out. Phone Post 3.0

Foundation - Is it a private practice or group type setting? If you have any questions after you leave feel free to shoot me a PM I'm a dentist and should be able to help you out. Phone Post 3.0

cool. It's a private practice I believe.

If it's just a cavity you'll most likely have a choice between composite (white) and amalgam (metal) fillings. Composite will cost more and it depends on if you think the appearance is important based on the location. They may only do composite so you might not have the choice.

If you need a root canal you will be looking at around 1,000$ for the procedure plus the crown to restore the tooth after the root canal (another 1,000ish). The dentist may refer you to an endodontist who specializes in root canals depending on the tooth and their preference for doing root canals. The other option of course would be to take it out if you needed the root canal but didn't want to spend that much money. Phone Post 3.0

Maybe look into student dentists, if that's a thing where you live ? I'm going for a free checkup (w/ two x-rays included) on Friday, everything else costs something,but it's still way cheaper than going to a dentist. Phone Post 3.0

jake11 - I dislike Dentists because I feel like they are always trying to upsell you on some crap and that they take advantage of you at every turn.

You're a rabid anti-dentite!!

Dominated - Maybe look into student dentists, if that's a thing where you live ? I'm going for a free checkup (w/ two x-rays included) on Friday, everything else costs something,but it's still way cheaper than going to a dentist. Phone Post 3.0
this. my friends brother is a dentist and while he was in school he offered to remove my wisdom teeth for free, as practice, that was like 12 years ago and i still have my wisdom teeth. Phone Post 3.0