Denzel Washington Says dont blame system

The smackdown starts at 3:00 mins when ask about black incarceration and he responds it starts at home. Y are people so angry Denzel said this.

id say it is a bit of both, not "black or white" (pardon the pun)

for sure, it does start at home...the whole self responsibility and engaged 2 parent households are lacking in the black community

the whole crab mentality , etc.

however, there is for sure, lasting effects from segregation and systematic racism

most people say it is 1 or the other, when in reality, it is more complex

im pretty conservative, politically, but even I can acknowledge the effect of systematic racism and segregation against blacks

although i'd weigh the household and self responsibility aspects much more than the lasting effects of racism

why does he hate himself so much. 

Low T Low IQ - 

for sure, it does start at home...the whole self responsibility and engaged 2 parent households are lacking in the black community

however, there is for sure, lasting effects from segregation and systematic racism

im pretty conservative, politically, but even I can acknowledge the effect of systematic racism and segregation against blacks

although i'd weigh the household and self responsibility aspects much more than the lasting effects of racism

There are no "lasting effects from segregation and systematic racism."

There is not another country in the world--I'm talking about the US, but we could actually include the West at large if you'd like--or another period in time where blacks have had such a high standard of living and high level of personal freedom and wealth, on par with any and every other race in those areas. And yet, we see, globally, regardless geography, culture, political or economic system, from Africa to Europe to the Caribbean to South America, blacks are still responsible for record levels of poverty and crime.

Ill Portents - Black standard of living and wealth are on par with whites in America? That would certainly be news to me, to blacks, and to everyone who has ever researched anything of the sort.

You're joking, right?

I work with black people. They make the same salary as me. How are they not on par? They get charged secret taxes?

Low T Low IQ -

There is a nice piece by Thomas Sowell where he pointed out that the notion  of “long lasting effects of segregation and slavery” attributing to today’s black’s situation doesn’t stand up to the facts.

my mind may be a bit fuzzy with respect to actual numbers be he points out that something like only 5% of blacks being considered literate when slavery was first abolished. Fast forward half a century and that numbers jumps to 50%. Important to keep in mind that blacks in those days faced a brutal amount of discrimination, even post slavery. They weren’t allowed in most schools, yet they educated themselves none the less.

Sowell also points out that the whole belief of the black family falling apart is largely due to slavery is also shaky. He points to the fact that the large majority of black families were in tact not only throughout slavery, but up until the mid 20th century.. it wasn’t until the introduction of things like welfare that the family, Black family especially, started falling apart. He continues by stating that before things like welfare, only about 20% of blacks lived in a single parent household. Fast forward 30 years under welfare and that number jumps from 20 to 70%. Remember that blacks were a hell of a lot poorer in those days, and discrimination and segregation in those days were ripe compared to today as well.

the videos where he explains all of this aren’t hard to find. A quick search on YouTube is all it takes.

He's just a rich old Uncle Tom- Liberals

Who gives a fuck what some dumbass celebrity says?-Conservatives

JAV63 - 

He's just a rich old Uncle Tom- Liberals

Who gives a fuck what some dumbass celebrity says?-Conservatives

Liberals make it about race.

Ill Portents - Black standard of living and wealth are on par with whites in America? That would certainly be news to me, to blacks, and to everyone who has ever researched anything of the sort.

I bet the white former coal miners above would love to have the same opportunities of black people. 

Nearest jobs are a 50 to 100 mile drive for them versus a 5 min walk for inner city blacks. 

good guy. not a victim. self made

bigJ6464 -

The smackdown starts at 3:00 mins when ask about black incarceration and he responds it starts at home. Y are people so angry Denzel said this.

Liberals hate it when people say logical well thought out shir.

ttt