Deputy who worked with my brother murdered

My brother worked with this guy for 16 years.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.detroitnews.com/amp/5700746002

RIP

RIP

RIP

RIP Brother

![Cpl. Bryant Searcy](upload://rHuiE8cHB8phPhLuBPKFe2wThdu.jpeg)

A sheriff's deputy was making his rounds about 10:15 p.m. Wednesday on the fourth floor of the Wayne County Jail, checking cell doors to make sure they were closed as he passed some of the county's "most serious" inmates.

One cell after another, Cpl. Bryant Searcy locked down the floor of the jail at 525 Clinton St. At one single-cell unit, he closed a door thought to be locked and walked on.

It wasn't, and he paid for that misbelief with his life, according to authorities Thursday. 

Searcy, 50, was choked and beaten by an inmate, authorities said. The inmate suspected in the fatal assault had planned the attack in an attempt to escape, another inmate told police, a source with knowledge of the investigation told The Detroit News. He had jimmied the lock of the door to his cell, grabbed the keys from Searcy and attacked him, the source said. 

The inmate, a 28-year-old man, was arrested and held at the Detroit Detention Center, pending charges, said Sgt. Nicole Kirkwood, a Detroit Police Department spokeswoman. He was not named by police Thursday. Kirkwood said there is no indication the inmate had a weapon.

"(Searcy) took a few steps past the inmate, and the inmate pushed the door open and attacked him," said Wayne County Sheriff Benny Napoleon. "We're reviewing to find out if our procedures were followed."

The suspect himself has a “long history” in crime, Napoleon said. The fatal assault allegedly by the suspect is “not his first time involved in a serious crime,” he said.

The source said the inmate was incarcerated for a carjacking.

That division of the jail houses some of the "most serious" inmates in the county, said Napoleon, and it's only the second time in thejail'shistory that an officer has died in a confrontation with an inmate.

Wayne County Executive Warren Evans, a former Detroit police chief and county sherif, added it was "a jarring reminder of the danger the men and women in law enforcement face on every shift."

“This could have happened to any of us,” Evans said.

After the assault, employees called 911, and Detroit Fire Department medics arrived. They transported Searcy to Detroit Receiving Hospital, performing CPR along the way, said Dave Fornell, a deputy commissioner of the Fire Department. Searcy died of his injuries.

Searcy joined the Sheriff's Office in November 2002 and is survived by his wife and 21-year-old daughter.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with Corporal Searcy’s wife, Sherry, and their daughter during this horrific time," Evans said in a statement. "Words cannot express the magnitude of the loss and pain we feel today."

This is what public executions are for. You drag this guy out in front of everyone and force people to watch him be executed but not before killing everyone he is related too. People would stop for a second before committing crimes if they knew others they loved would share the same fate as them. Parents would miraculously start raising their kids with some sort of semblance of how to be a human being and not a piece of shit. 

2 Likes

Fuck that's sad.  A little girl ledft behind too.  This is why I've donated to the local Police Protective Assoc., they provide funds to the kids of slain officers left behind.  Hopefully this guy's daughter gets a little boost from them also.

baj54 -

This is what public executions are for. You drag this guy out in front of everyone and force people to watch him be executed but not before killing everyone he is related too. People would stop for a second before committing crimes if they knew others they loved would share the same fate as them. Parents would miraculously start raising their kids with some sort of semblance of how to be a human being and not a piece of shit. 

THIS.

This poor man was literally beaten to death at work.

The inmate has ZERO fucking rights to shit.

Not an “inmate”, just a man “experiencing incarceration.”

baj54 - 

So like cousins and nieces and nephews?  Or just siblings and parents?  How are the familial homicides determined?

baj54 -

Familiar retribution is banned by international law. You sound like a Muslim. 

Can’t wait till OG leftists tell us why this guy is completely innocent and it’s all the cops fault.

baj54 -

I can’t disagree with this. Fuck, wife and kid, good worker, good member of society is gone and that piece of shit degenerate who never could have been rehabilitated anyway, is still alive. Not for long I hope. So sad. The Older I get & further away from my past life, I definitely feel like we should be harder on serious & violent crime, & do not define the police at all. Fund them more, hire better, train better. DONT tie their hands, let them do their jobs (within reason obviously)