Derek Chauvin posts bail, released from custody

https://www.google.com/amp/s/minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/10/07/former-mpd-officer-derek-chauvin-charged-in-george-floyds-death-expected-to-post-bail-source-says/amp/

9 Likes

Good.  I hope he skates.  

14 Likes

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO/AP) — Former Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin has been released from a correctional facility Wednesday and posted bail. He was being held on charges connected to the death of George Floyd.

Chauvin, 44, was being held at Minnesota Correctional Facility-Oak Park Heights, where he had been also appearing in court remotely for all but the most recent hearing during which he and the other three officers charged — J. Alexander Kueng, Thomas Lane and Tou Thao — appeared in person. WCCO has learned that Chauvin left the facility at 9:40 a.m. Wednesday to be transferred to Hennepin County Jail in order to post bail.

Chauvin’s unconditional bail was set at $1.25 million, or $1 million with conditions; according to the Hennepin County Sheriff’s roster, he was released on conditional bail. That means all four officers currently charged in Floyd’s death are now released from custody.

1 Like

Ooo mmmm gggg

Chauvin had been at the maximum security prison in Oak Park Heights since late May.

RELATED: Who Is Judge Peter Cahill, Who Will Oversee Case Of Four Ex-MPD Officers Charged In George Floyd’s Death?

Chauvin is charged with second-degree murder, third-degree murder and manslaughter. Video that was taken by a witness at the scene of Floyd’s Memorial Day death — outside of Cup Foods on 38th Street South and Chicago Avenue — shows Chauvin with his knee pressed down on Floyd’s neck for almost eight minutes. The video sparked days of protest and violence in Minneapolis and demonstrations around the world.

Prosecution documents in the case against four former Minneapolis police officers charged in the death of Floyd show Chauvin had seven prior incidents of using neck or head and upper body restraints on arrestees, including four in which prosecutors say he went too far.

Chauvin’s attorney has argued that Floyd was positive for COVID-19, and that his death was the result of very high levels of fentanyl and methamphetamine in his system.

Chauvin faces over 12 years in prison if he’s convicted of unintentional second-degree murder.

Additionally, prosecutors have also charged Chauvin, and his estranged wife, with several counts of tax evasion for allegedly lying about their income.

Oh yeah fuck George Floyd, fuck Ilhan Omar, fuck BLM, fuck MN local politics, fuck Keith Ellison, and mothefuck any idiot who continues to vote blue in that state.  And actually motherfuck Ilhan Omar too that wretched, despicable, malignant cunt sore. 

13 Likes

![](upload://pANWoLOSgZ8JgAYby9xs9olsKJD.jpeg)

ShortElbowInTheClinch - 

Good.  I hope he skates.  

Is this a win for us? Or is it Dems reigniting a fire that was ready to burn out? 

We’ll have to see if he goes around murdering witnesses like a lot of fellas do when they get let out the same day, no bail, because bail is racist. 

1 Like

Uh oh....

Picochu - 

How can you be charged with 2nd, 3rd, and manslaughter for the same one dude?

How tf does that work??

Gotta throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks

1 Like

Batten down the hatches it's time for round two! 

fiznadd -
ShortElbowInTheClinch - 

Good.  I hope he skates.  

Is this a win for us? Or is it Dems reigniting a fire that was ready to burn out? 

My thoughts as well. Sure this will be played on CNN endlessly 

Target looted again at 7. Minneapolis burning down at 9:00 tonight. 

1 Like
ShortElbowInTheClinch - 

Good.  I hope he skates.  

So your stance is he did absolutely nothing wrong? Do you have eyes?

He used excessive forces, that is clear for all to see. However, did it cause Floyd to die? That is unclear as the POS was hopped up on all kinds of drugs.

He’s not innocent but not exactly guilty of murder but I will leave that for the court to decide.

KaiTangata -
ShortElbowInTheClinch - 

Good.  I hope he skates.  

He used excessive forces, that is clear for all to see. However, did it cause Floyd to die? That is unclear as the POS was hopped up on all kinds of drugs.

He’s not innocent but not exactly guilty of murder but I will leave that for the court to decide.

I’ll say it again slowly:

I.........................hope........................he..........................skates. 

7 Likes
KaiTangata -
ShortElbowInTheClinch - 

Good.  I hope he skates.  

He used a restraint that was allowed by the MPD. Floyd had previously told officers he had covid and asked to be put on the ground. Not only that, he had been saying he couldn’t breath throughout the incident, even before officers had him restrained on the ground. 

So you had an extremely and obviously high person, telling you he had covid, that was resisting arrest. Putting him on the ground and restraining him to ensure he couldn’t spit on anyone seems like the right thing to do.

4 Likes
pbody - 
KaiTangata -
ShortElbowInTheClinch - 

Good.  I hope he skates.  

He used a restraint that was allowed by the MPD. Floyd had previously told officers he had covid and asked to be put on the ground. Not only that, he had been saying he couldn’t breath throughout the incident, even before officers had him restrained on the ground. 

So you had an extremely and obviously high person, telling you he had covid, that was resisting arrest. Putting him on the ground and restraining him to ensure he couldn’t spit on anyone seems like the right thing to do.

It’s still his job to render aid. He did not, he held him down after he quit breathing.

This is at least, minimum, criminal negligence.

Murder? fuck no

ShortElbowInTheClinch -

Oh yeah fuck George Floyd, fuck Ilhan Omar, fuck BLM, fuck MN local politics, fuck Keith Ellison, and mothefuck any idiot who continues to vote blue in that state.  And actually motherfuck Ilhan Omar too that wretched, despicable, malignant cunt sore. 

Perhaps the best post I've seen in a while.

1 Like

I want to know who posted bail.