Derren Brown...The Push

no one likes Derren Brown?

My least favorite type of magician is the type that claims they aren't a magician.

They are interesting to think about, and he presents them well. But it's about as legit as Dr Strange

evil veiled - 

My least favorite type of magician is the type that claims they aren't a magician.

So you have never watched him?

Derren Brown is one of the leaders in the industry in "truthful magic"

"I'm being honest about my dishonesty"

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2010/oct/18/derren-brown-honest-about-dishonesty

He's an expert hypnotists but is a skeptic

He's had shows and specials dedicated to outing psychics and clairvoyants as charlatans and tells how mind reading magic is all tricks.

Sounds like you might like him

CaptainWoody -
evil veiled - 

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2010/oct/18/derren-brown-honest-about-dishonesty

He's had shows and specials dedicated to outing psychics and clairvoyants as charlatans and tells how mind reading magic is all tricks.

"There's no sign of his boyfriend,"

He's a sodomite occultist passing himself off as 'merely a hypnotist and illusionist'.

"Brown does not claim to possess any supernatural powers and his acts are often designed to expose the methods of those who do, such as faith healers and mediums. In his performances he often expresses that his effects are achieved through "magic, suggestion, psychology, misdirection and showmanship".

Magic meaning "tricks"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derren_Brown

evil veiled - 
CaptainWoody -
evil veiled - 

"There's no sign of his boyfriend,"

He's a sodomite occultist passing himself off as 'merely a hypnotist and illusionist'.

Oh, You're a moron....carry on

I got interested in hypnotism a while back and read his book, "Tricks of the Mind." Interesting stuff.

He did a hypnosis program once trying to see if he could hypnotize someone to commit murder. Hypnotists usually say this is impossible, but Brown claims to have proven otherwise.

He even seems to think that some high-profile assassinations may have been carried out this way.

Scythrop - I got interested in hypnotism a while back and read his book, "Tricks of the Mind." Interesting stuff.

He did a hypnosis program once trying to see if he could hypnotize someone to commit murder. Hypnotists usually say this is impossible, but Brown claims to have proven otherwise.

He even seems to think that some high-profile assassinations may have been carried out this way.

OG top men say that is impossible.

I saw his hour long episode where the hand selected and impresionable person and then, through a series of events, turned that person in to an active shooter. I found the episode compelling, it looked like he sought out the type of person that would best respond to his mind techniques, and eventually pulled it off. Many people scoffed at the episode and said, "Oh he is like David Blaine, those are all actors.." etc., but unlike Blaine or Chris Angel, Brown was far more polished, no one seemed like actors. 

See for yourself. 

DavidYorkshire - 

I liked Derren brown in the early days.  Later though it came out that for some of his more elaborate things, he used basic camera tricks on the tv audience.  Which is bullshit.  That is not interesting at all.

There were also accusations of him using stooges, but i dont know if that is true or not.

If he says no stooges were used, he isn't lying. A lot of his stuff has that disclaimer

Some specials and shows do not have that disclaimer, so you can take it as you wish.

He is honest about his dishonesty.