Derrick signs new 8 fight contract

Derrick Lewis will remain with the UFC.

The fan-favorite heavyweight revealed he fought out his contract after a 33-second TKO of Marcos Rogerio de Lima on the main card of UFC 291 on July 29. Lewis (27-11 MMA, 18-9 UFC) hoped to re-sign with the UFC, and it didn’t take long for him to do so.

A person with knowledge of the situation confirmed to MMA Junkie that Lewis has signed a new eight-fight deal, a term that were first reported by The Mac Life.

Dana White was asked about Lewis’ status during a Power Slap 4 post-fight news conference Wednesday in Las Vegas, and heaped praise on “The Black Beast.” He turned to UFC executive Hunter Campbell, who confirmed that Lewis has indeed inked a new deal with the promotion.

Listen, I love Derrick,” White said. “Personally and professionally, (I) love the guy. So yes.”

The former title challenger and all-time record holder for most UFC knockout wins snapped a three-fight losing skid with the finish of de Lima, which led to another memorable post-fight celebration.

6 Likes

IMG_1005

French Yes GIF by Groundhog Day

1 Like

As long as Derrick brings it. I still like him.

Guess he won’t be cashing in as Francis’ first PFL opponent in 2025 after he finishes boxing and his recovery time from the coma.

Though it would be a hard fight to sell since they wouldn’t be allowed to promote the fight with all the highlights from their UFC clash.

:rofl:

5 Likes

6 Likes

I knew that would be coming lol

1 Like

Whats the story behind it? He lands hail mary knee and? He had a beef with his opponent or its like Tito Ortiz burying opponents? New Derrick’ walk off?

Not sure all I know is his Balls was hot apparently

5 Likes

Most guys take their pants off before they fuck you, Derrick is changing the game.

Imagine being TKOd by that guy, and in your foggy haze all you see is Black Beast dropping his drawers, and telling you to suck it. I’d be terrified for my orifices.

2 Likes

He likely used it as leverage to get a monster deal from the UFC. Dana does not want Francis to be succesful and be able to fight top guys outside the UFC, he will spend money to make sure it doesn’t happen. Any top HWT on an expiring deal basically has a lottery ticket because they will get paid.

3 Likes

Really surprised PFL didn’t make a big play for him, since he was the last person to beat Ngannou.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was going to throw in a comment on that.

What’s the Francis opponent minimum? Like $2MM?

There’s no way UFC gave him that but everybody knows that’s a one and done deal boxing Francis for that kind of money.

100% they agreed to a deal that pays Beast well enough to far eclipse that Francis payday, just not in one fight.

Would you rather be Dana blacklisted for a $2MM payday and then be largely done or stay in the UFC and make $5MM over the next few years and be loved by the mob family and maybe get some post-career work in the field?

2 Likes

They’d show the first TV promo for that fight, all dramatic “the last man to defeat the monster, your PFL Africa Chairman, Francis Ngannou!” and the very next day you’ll see “Free Fight: Ngannou vs Lewis!” on the UFC YouTube channel.

3 Likes

He’s got to be one of the best paid athletes in the UFC at this point. Most K.O.s, entertaining and takes a ton of fights.

1 Like

yes

Star Trek in a Derrick Lewis Thread? Who fucked you up as a kid?

1 Like

Yeah we do.

3 Likes

Cracking Up Lol GIF

2 Likes

RyannVonDoom when he sees this thread:

2 Likes