Describe living w/ the memory of getting beat down

On the clock or off. Haunting? No big deal? Does pride heal with time?
TMA & thanks.

sub.
i got a good one.
will be back...

Sub.

All respect to those who contribute. The guys who take it in stride just amaze me.

Sub Phone Post

It depends on the situation. It can fuck with you, but sometimes for whatever reason it can not bother you, for example;

Hammered drunk at a bar, already puked and then tried to wash the taste away with more shots. I had more muscle than Ronnie Coleman but it was all made of beer, lol. I had also recently starting boxing and was probably a little overconfident from that too......

I'm a little fuzzy on the details, but as we were leaving I ended up picking a fight with some dude who was much larger than me and had just gotten there recently. I don't recall WHY I did it, but my friends assured me I made it pretty much unavoidable for him.

I didn't win. lol

The next day my friends were clowning on me for being a douche an gettin beat up for it, and I couldn't really help but laugh with them an say "yea, sounds like I had it coming, huh?"

That didn't really bother me much (though obviously I'd still prefer to have won), but hearing about it more than actually remembering it could have helped...

^But that was a long timo ago and of course I NEVER lose now...... lol :p

First and only time I took a proper beating was in a club whilst at uni, and I had consumed a ridiculous amount of alcohol.

My memory is absolutely shocking when I drink so much, but I remember (with help from friends' recollections at the time) that I had an altercation with some guy because he shouldered into me and knocked my drink out of my hand. The guy was being a complete asshole and started pushing me back.

We ended up throwing pathetic sloppy punches at eachother - he caught my lip and I hit him hard enough for him to lose footing and then it all got broken up by friends from both sides. We all went seperate ways (there's a few rooms in this place) and a mate of mine came with me to one of the bathrooms while I cleaned off the blood from my lip.

I was such a drunken naive idiot at the time that I gave no thought to it for the rest of the night, and ended up in a different room from any of my friends trying to get some girl to dance with me.

Next thing I know I'm on the floor face down and can feel myself getting hit in the ribs and arms. People are obviously kicking me so I hold out my arms on either to try avoid getting kicked in the head but a foot gets through and shatters my nose. Blood was everywhere and I just threw myself forward away from where the impacts seemed to be coming from.

Some random guy and his girl saw me and rushed me into a taxi to take me to the hospital.

I lost a lot of confidence for a while because until that day (and I was only 21 at the time) I thought I was completely invincible.

It was a fucking traumatic experience: the hospital wait for 5 hours at A&E with a nose across my cheek, stitches on the back of my head (bottle), glue in the cut on my nose, going back home to my parents essentially disfigured, getting surgery on my nose to reset it etc etc, all of it was a shit, SHIT experience.

Took me a long time to get rid of the 'what if's', and if I let myself think about it too much I can still get angry as hell about it (it's 4 years ago now).

I used to wish that night had never happened, but I sometimes think that maybe if I hadn't been taught that lesson, and to behave with a little more maturity in certain situations, then something much worse could have happened in the future.

Surgeon did a great job, I don't look any different than I used to, but it was a tough lesson that I can't reccommend.

First and only time I took a proper beating was in a club whilst at uni, and I had consumed a ridiculous amount of alcohol.

Seems to be some correlation between people getting hammerd and getting their asses kicked...lol.

I had an open door policy to any and all challengers at my MMA club. I ran it for 4 years without losing, apart from one guy who came and sub'ed me at will.

I probably think about that every day.

Sub Phone Post

I got jumped by 2 punks in high school once. Funny thing was, the two kids jumped me for another kid that didn't even have the balls to be there when they jumped me.They were mad that I punked their friend out by back handing him in from of about 100 people at school. The kid I punked did NOTHING to regain his honor so they decided they had to for him. I was drunk at a party and didn't notice the first guy come up behind me and sucker punch me. I turned to square up and it was one on one at first. I had a little Muay Thai experience and was actually picking the kid apart until the second guy came up behind me and took my legs out. As I was falling I got kicked right in the nose, breaking it cleanly. That's the only strike other that the first sucker punch that landed. Then my friend backed them up long enough for me to get up and we proceeded to wipe the floor with them. My friend that helped me was a state qualifier in wrestling so that made a big difference. He took one down and beat the shit out of him, while I clinched up with the other one and landed about 3 or 4 knees. They ended up worse then me after all was said and done. Anyhow I didn't even know my nose was crooked until my girl told me I needed to see a mirror. I never got my
nose fixed correctly, and anytime I look at it I still get pissed. Phone Post

SoccerCRE'dMyAce - It was like any other weekend night for me and my street brethren, we will call him by his last name Goodman. This isn't your average frien, we grew up together, not in the mud, but rather crystal clear waters Evian in nature. He was my next door neighbor since middleschool, our parents bought their homes from the same housing parade and that's how we became friends.

It was roughly 2 AM, we were roughly 20 years old in need of snacks and drinks. The favorite stop was a local Walgreens, that I now call my own.

I was strolling out casually now the scenes unravel much like a movie, I can only give you my best description as an outsider looking in, a furious angel took my body over.

Walking back to Goodman's Subaru I overhear an outspoken youth "DAMN YOU UGLY DOG"..

Not sure whether or not he was trying to flirt with me I challenged him like any fresh prince would "I bet you won't say that to my face"

Affronted by my callous claim, the youth immediately sprang from the passenger seat of a Mazda. Now I was taken back, because two other young males followed from the rear and the driver's side.

To me this represented the same type of game on formation as a transformer forming before my eyes, Goodman was as quick as a cat he had already snuck into the driver's seat and locked his door, I felt naked and alone looking at three 3 youths, their presences combined had the same effect as minnows pooling together.

I reached for the door only to find I was locked out, "UNLOCK THE DOOR" understanding the possibility of getting jumped, in a panic he let me in, but by then the minnows had swarmed.

Before I knew it the instigator had yanked open my passenger door and punched me square in the cheekbone. I said to myself "HOW CAN HE PUNCH?" I could not believe he dared strike me.

With all my pride on the line I look around to see the pack has a broken and guaranteed to fail structure, the driver of the Mazda looked like he wanted to be tough, but he was probably best at smoking Newports and doing his Sister's hair..There was a big boy about 250, but I knew that this conflict was not over Totino's Pizza Rolls.

So I look at this guy who just snuffed me with a lil baby punch and he was a blathlete no doubt, his shirt came off very fast, I feel like he probably played special teams and possibly free safety for his local football squad.

I hit him hard in the chest with the best challenge of his pride possible "1 D? 1D?" His friends very surprised looked at him with a look of concern, it was obvious I had pulled out a hood rabbit with the terminology used and that I could possibly fight based upon my request, since everyone who talks like or looks like they're from the hood can fight, Right? and he confirmed with a head nod and tough guy glance to both that he definitely could destroy me in a fair fight.

I was allowed to exit the vehicle as he danced around with a vibe that signaled I had no clue the type of brutal beating I was in for, within 10 seconds of me pursuing him with my hands up he had turned and ran into the Walgreens with me in hot pursuit "I'm on papers dog, I'm on papers dog" This means he was on probation and wanted to hide behind that, plus I don't remember him being on papers mattering when he sucker punched me and agreed to fight me in a fair one, I grazed him with a right to the back of the head as he scurried into the Walgreens apparently very concerned about the Police being called.

Upset with his secure position hiding in the Walgreens, I turn to see my friend laughing along with the other 2 youths, presumably they were all friends now. I ran over and broke up their party as well as the Mazda driver's face. As I ran towards him he was literally laughing as the first punch was thrown, by the time 5-6 he was destroyed, finished.

Big boy said "Oh hell nah" and came after me, we squared up and had a little boxing match, I was worried to over commit and clinch with him because the original coward was still lurking.

By now the original coward had seen the damage done to his friends face and let's just say it was rank 1 damage done, eye closing instantly, Brazilian nosejob that would make the Silvas proud and blood leaking profusely all over his shirt as he repeated the phrase "he got me dog, he got me dog" for a couple minutes straight. The original coward who ran from me was now trying to steal a cane of some sort to use as a weapon with the Walgreens staff restraining him.

Big Boy grabbed a shopping cart and used it like Marge Simpson uses a vacuum in the Simpson's game to push me back, at this point I could see they did not want anything other than to leave.

There was a pivotal point in the midst of this where I realized there's always someone tougher, I was tying my shoelaces as Mazda driver stumbled bleeding holding his face into the Walgreens where the original coward was hiding, I told them to come get their boxing lesson.

Two large and dangerous black males approached the scene and said "You better watch out homie" or something like that..I am guessing they had seen the entire scene unravel and it made them hungry for action? Or they may have known the kids who I was fighting.

All three of them sat there terrified of one's willingness to stand up for himself. I let them leave without more of a fight, because the original coward was basically begging to go home, the big boy was basically in tears swinging a shopping cart around for what I had done to the Mazda driver.

A nice Dodge pickup truck pulled up to the scene immediately and an intoxicated cowboy hops out and slaps my hand for a handshake over and over saying something along the lines of "I SAW IT ALL, THE WHOLE THING. GREAT JOB"

Police sirens blared in the distance and he took off in a hurry due to being drunk. The rest is history, the cop let me go on self defense, said I could have done as much as I wanted once they opened the door it was burglary then assault with the punch, I had tried to walk off but the guy had to run over and punch me after prying the door open.

I always wonder what they told their homeboys that night, did they tell everyone in Sugarfoot that a white boy scorched their asses?

How does the Mazda driver deal with a friend instigating a fight, sucker punching me, then being the reason his face has to be operated on for him to breathe properly?

Long story short - Streetfighting is not worth it, I could have easily been shot, stabbed or jumped. Also I became very paranoid after that fight, because of the two older men who approached warning me to watch out, they were most likely kids who were connected to local tough guys so they figured they were tough themselves by association.

I am not hard to find in a small town.

What movie is this from?

Getting beat down is only as humiliating as you make it out to be, and in fact, it can actually make you seem a lot more intimidating. For example, if you're on the street and you get mugged by a couple guys and stabbed in the process, there's a pretty good chance that those two guys are going to be absolutely terrified if they ever see you again while they're alone.

If you have lingering problems from taking an ass-kicking, you are going to have more problems than just that in life.

Life beats the shit out of you, you overcome, you move on. If you stop to focus on the beatings you are an asshole, because your time should be spent building back up.

Think about it like this, if you can't move on from something simple like losing a fight, how are you going to move on when friends and family members inevitably die?

Setting: I was at a bar in the sticks with my older brother, his friend, and their girlfriends. I had smoked the reefer (this was back in college and even then it was something I did very seldomly) and we were hanging out at an out-of-town bar watching a band play. The band members were probably around 23? Anyway, it was a big bar with an out door stage. We were strangers in a strange land and didn't know anyone there.

Antagonist: So we're hanging out minding our own business and not even speaking that much because we were all coming down from being high on the whacky tobaccy. My brother went to get a round of beers and some white kid who was about 6'5" 240lbs (named Ryan) apparently was making smug remarks to him at the bar. He was making fun of my brothers shirt which was a very normal black long-john thermal waffle shirt. Anyway, later on he apparently made another snide remark so I got the head-knod from my brother. I approached and my brother responded to this tough guy who was obviously looking for a fight for absolutely no reason. When my brother asked if he had a fucking problem "Ryan" was meek as a mouse. He was an apologetic bitch. Shortly after this we decided to round up the ladies and leave the bar.

Major twist of fate: So we coraled the ladies into the car and were literally driving out of the parking lot when Ryan appears out of nowhere with roughly 10 friends and a new-found sense of confidence. He stood in front of my brother's nice Acura and proceeded to pummel the hood in with a "Hulk-smash" two-fisted pound. I immediately jumped out of the car and he came charging at me. He was about 70 pounds heavier than me at the time but my instincts took over and I double legged his bitch ass to the ground. As I went to kick over to full mount chaos erupted. Suddenly I was being hit from God knows where and tried circling away to get my bearings. A lot of the ensuing few minutes is still a blur to this day (remember, I was peacefully drunk/high right before all of this) but I remember finally getting away from the mass of people (roughly 10 versus 3 odds) to see 4 guys hanging ony my brother who was bent over yet STILL standing. Even the fucking lead singer of the damn band was friends with Ryan and he decided to join in, that motherfucker. I ran over and punched the stockiest looking kid in the jaw (he was a much more reasonable 5'9" ish). He didn't go down but I definitely caught his attention. I shouted at him that "it was over" and I must have rocked him a bit because he backed down. I ran over to my brother and got him free. My brother's friend isn't much of a fighter so the whole time he didn't contribute much as he was pinned against a wall.

Salvation: So this bar was literally in the middle of fucking nowhere in the sticks and by this point maybe 40 people were outside watching us get jumped and doing nothing to help us. I luckily gathered my brother and his friend up and we ran across the street into the murky black woods where we hid in a roadside barn watching the punks leave the parking lot in their cars to search for us. My brother and I both lost our shirts and I lost my sandals which wouldn't be a problem until we realized there was a police station just over a hill from where we were. Still under a surge of adrenaline we ran through the pitch black darkness over the hill and lo and behold, we reached the police station. The problem was the entire hill we ran across was FILLED with rose bushes but I was so scared that I ran over them for about a 1/4 mile without sandals on. That was brutal but the adrenaline helped.

The girls got in the car and left when we fled into the woods. The hood repair cost $800.00. The cops eventually came and we learned that Ryan was an ex-convict who was out on parole. They eventually found him and he was re-arrested.

Moral of the story: Always be nice to people when you don't know ANYONE in a bar. Never wear sandals to a bar because if you get in a fight you're gonna lose them immediately and be at a disadvantage. Don't get into streetfights.

Getting dinged up a little sucked but my face was all torn up mainly from double legging that tall bitch Ryan to the ground so I could live with that. The toughest part was seeing my older brother who I look up to get beat up. When I finally got him out of the pile-on his face was fucked up and his nose was bleeding everywhere though not broken. You eventually get over it but I would still get very angry just thinking about it for a few years after that. If it was fair odds that fight would have ended up muchhh differently.

Trying to think about your losses is hard. It took me 5 minutes of thinking before I remembered I got my ass kicked in 7th grade. There were probably more than that too, but what I'm saying is that people tend to forget their losses. To be a winner you have to have a short memory. My roommate is one of the most confident guys I've ever met, and not because he's the best at everything. He was a wrestler, a pretty good one, and I was talking to him about why he never remembers when I beat him at something. He literally looks me in the eyes and says "What? No. That never happened." the DAY after. And he is completely serious.

I think this is why athletes tend to seem arrogant sometimes. They want to win, and one of the things that needs to be in place to win is a positive mental state. This is much easier to achieve when you can convince yourself you're invincible.

Later Phone Post

I AM A MOFO -
SoccerCRE'dMyAce - It was like any other weekend night for me and my street brethren, we will call him by his last name Goodman. This isn't your average frien, we grew up together, not in the mud, but rather crystal clear waters Evian in nature. He was my next door neighbor since middleschool, our parents bought their homes from the same housing parade and that's how we became friends.

It was roughly 2 AM, we were roughly 20 years old in need of snacks and drinks. The favorite stop was a local Walgreens, that I now call my own.

I was strolling out casually now the scenes unravel much like a movie, I can only give you my best description as an outsider looking in, a furious angel took my body over.

Walking back to Goodman's Subaru I overhear an outspoken youth "DAMN YOU UGLY DOG"..

Not sure whether or not he was trying to flirt with me I challenged him like any fresh prince would "I bet you won't say that to my face"

Affronted by my callous claim, the youth immediately sprang from the passenger seat of a Mazda. Now I was taken back, because two other young males followed from the rear and the driver's side.

To me this represented the same type of game on formation as a transformer forming before my eyes, Goodman was as quick as a cat he had already snuck into the driver's seat and locked his door, I felt naked and alone looking at three 3 youths, their presences combined had the same effect as minnows pooling together.

I reached for the door only to find I was locked out, "UNLOCK THE DOOR" understanding the possibility of getting jumped, in a panic he let me in, but by then the minnows had swarmed.

Before I knew it the instigator had yanked open my passenger door and punched me square in the cheekbone. I said to myself "HOW CAN HE PUNCH?" I could not believe he dared strike me.

With all my pride on the line I look around to see the pack has a broken and guaranteed to fail structure, the driver of the Mazda looked like he wanted to be tough, but he was probably best at smoking Newports and doing his Sister's hair..There was a big boy about 250, but I knew that this conflict was not over Totino's Pizza Rolls.

So I look at this guy who just snuffed me with a lil baby punch and he was a blathlete no doubt, his shirt came off very fast, I feel like he probably played special teams and possibly free safety for his local football squad.

I hit him hard in the chest with the best challenge of his pride possible "1 D? 1D?" His friends very surprised looked at him with a look of concern, it was obvious I had pulled out a hood rabbit with the terminology used and that I could possibly fight based upon my request, since everyone who talks like or looks like they're from the hood can fight, Right? and he confirmed with a head nod and tough guy glance to both that he definitely could destroy me in a fair fight.

I was allowed to exit the vehicle as he danced around with a vibe that signaled I had no clue the type of brutal beating I was in for, within 10 seconds of me pursuing him with my hands up he had turned and ran into the Walgreens with me in hot pursuit "I'm on papers dog, I'm on papers dog" This means he was on probation and wanted to hide behind that, plus I don't remember him being on papers mattering when he sucker punched me and agreed to fight me in a fair one, I grazed him with a right to the back of the head as he scurried into the Walgreens apparently very concerned about the Police being called.

Upset with his secure position hiding in the Walgreens, I turn to see my friend laughing along with the other 2 youths, presumably they were all friends now. I ran over and broke up their party as well as the Mazda driver's face. As I ran towards him he was literally laughing as the first punch was thrown, by the time 5-6 he was destroyed, finished.

Big boy said "Oh hell nah" and came after me, we squared up and had a little boxing match, I was worried to over commit and clinch with him because the original coward was still lurking.

By now the original coward had seen the damage done to his friends face and let's just say it was rank 1 damage done, eye closing instantly, Brazilian nosejob that would make the Silvas proud and blood leaking profusely all over his shirt as he repeated the phrase "he got me dog, he got me dog" for a couple minutes straight. The original coward who ran from me was now trying to steal a cane of some sort to use as a weapon with the Walgreens staff restraining him.

Big Boy grabbed a shopping cart and used it like Marge Simpson uses a vacuum in the Simpson's game to push me back, at this point I could see they did not want anything other than to leave.

There was a pivotal point in the midst of this where I realized there's always someone tougher, I was tying my shoelaces as Mazda driver stumbled bleeding holding his face into the Walgreens where the original coward was hiding, I told them to come get their boxing lesson.

Two large and dangerous black males approached the scene and said "You better watch out homie" or something like that..I am guessing they had seen the entire scene unravel and it made them hungry for action? Or they may have known the kids who I was fighting.

All three of them sat there terrified of one's willingness to stand up for himself. I let them leave without more of a fight, because the original coward was basically begging to go home, the big boy was basically in tears swinging a shopping cart around for what I had done to the Mazda driver.

A nice Dodge pickup truck pulled up to the scene immediately and an intoxicated cowboy hops out and slaps my hand for a handshake over and over saying something along the lines of "I SAW IT ALL, THE WHOLE THING. GREAT JOB"

Police sirens blared in the distance and he took off in a hurry due to being drunk. The rest is history, the cop let me go on self defense, said I could have done as much as I wanted once they opened the door it was burglary then assault with the punch, I had tried to walk off but the guy had to run over and punch me after prying the door open.

I always wonder what they told their homeboys that night, did they tell everyone in Sugarfoot that a white boy scorched their asses?

How does the Mazda driver deal with a friend instigating a fight, sucker punching me, then being the reason his face has to be operated on for him to breathe properly?

Long story short - Streetfighting is not worth it, I could have easily been shot, stabbed or jumped. Also I became very paranoid after that fight, because of the two older men who approached warning me to watch out, they were most likely kids who were connected to local tough guys so they figured they were tough themselves by association.

I am not hard to find in a small town.

What movie is this from?

Don't believe his lies. Phone Post

Sub Phone Post