Describe your effective weight loss strategy

For me it's cutting the carbs to basically zero and integrating walking into my day to day life. The more meal prepping I do the more successful I am, without exception. I vacuum seal individual portions of proteins and veggies and grab a handful each day.

I don't see how you can't lose weight if you cut carbs to a very low level, like 25g or less a day.

Burn more calories than I eat

TzTinkle - I don't see how you can't lose weight if you cut carbs to a very low level, like 25g or less a day.
It easy, cut calories to what most people do when they "cut carbs". You lose weight. In vs out, you can lose weight eating McDonald's.

Effectiveness and health? Different story. But most people who cut carbs aren't near their caloric maintenance level.

TzTinkle - I don't see how you can't lose weight if you cut carbs to a very low level, like 25g or less a day.
Agreed. You'd have to eat an insane amount of fatty protein.

Braf Zachland -
It easy, cut calories to what most people do when they "cut carbs". You lose weight. In vs out, you can lose weight eating McDonald's.

Effectiveness and health? Different story. But most people who cut carbs aren't near their caloric maintenance level.
I think you misread his post.

Fasting.

time restricted feeding

I've always been a skinny guy..but  after high school I stopped playing sports / working out. In 3 years I went from 183lbs to 217lbs. I snapped out of it and  I was back to 183lbs in 2 months by only eating meat n veggies & running a couple time a week. It's all about using motivation for not being a fat lazy piece of shit as discipline to stick to the plan 

It was extremely low carbs (<25g/day) and exercise.  I started lifting weights, and as the weight dropped - transitioned from walking to running.

This is a very personalized solution.  I was type II diabetic, and insulin-resistant.  I pretty much had metabolic syndrome from years of eating like shit and sitting, chained to a desk. As for calories in and out, that def. is part of it.  I ate at least 2,200 cals a day, and lots of fat (grassfed butter, coconut oil, pork chops, bacon, etc).  I'm sure this was def. a cut-back from my not-giving-a-shit diet. 

Dropped over 120 lbs and cleared up a lot of medical issues (including the type II diabetes).

Slow Carb diet

Stop eating for 48-72hrs. Water, tea, coffee. Vitamins if that's your thing. Goal here is to shrink your stomach. It hurts. A lot. Once the cramps stop being excruciating, go to small portions of lean protein keep it that way until you're happy.

*Note... This is probably very unhealthy, but it works.

Homeless diet!

Having good results with Eat Stop Eat...Basically fast for two 24 hour periods a week (like dinner to dinner) and don't eat extra to make up for the fast

I also don't really do grains which helps with carb control 

16 miles a week on treadmill. Drink nothing but water. Didnt eat anything thats too bad. Lost 20 pounds in 2 months

Genetics. I eat whatever I want and never gain any weight. :)

Altofsky - Stop eating for 48-72hrs. Water, tea, coffee. Vitamins if that's your thing. Goal here is to shrink your stomach. It hurts. A lot. Once the cramps stop being excruciating, go to small portions of lean protein keep it that way until you're happy.

*Note... This is probably very unhealthy, but it works.
I can vouch for this working. Its an amazing appetite suppressant. Like a natural lap band.

Meal prep for mon-fri on Sunday. Basically cut bread/grains completely out of my diet with the exception of brown rice of quinoa once every couple months. I'm working on cutting out dairy as well but cheese has been the hard part, use it much less now. Cut back alcohol to once per month and its only a few drinks when we do go out. I'm down a smart 20lbs since I got back into Jiu Jitsu in Nov. Now that I am engaged, time to kick the training into high gear and hopefully be down to 240 by my first Spartan in June, going for a Trifecta.

Only eat what you kill or grow

Only eat between the hours of 12pm-10pm. Eat 4-6 smaller meals a day during that time.

Gym 4 days a week at min. Burn 1k in cals during those days.

MyFitnessPal to mark what I eat and dont go over my limits.

Eat 6X's/day. Protein with every meal. 1st 3 meals also have a carb. Last 3 meals replace carb with a fat.