Designed by famous architect, worth more or no?

Famous architect Albert Kahn designed this Indian Village single-family home in 1909. Over the past few years, it's been on and off the market, selling for $474,009 in 2013 and then $363,000 in 2015. This past year, it was remodeled, and with that transformation it has more than doubled its price. With a $890,000 ask, behold Indian Village's most expensive home currently on the market.

When this listing was built, it was designed for Hugh Chalmers, founder of the Chalmers Motor Car Company. The property features 11 bedrooms, five full bathrooms, and three half bathrooms across 9,290 square feet of space. Some of the most attractive features of the home can be found in the oak-paneled office with its limestone fireplace and the updated kitchen with its ceramic floors with radiant heat. Along with a built-in fridge, the kitchen also features a tall wine chiller. In the basement, a fully custom French speakeasy was constructed for entertaining.

Gorgeous home, shit neighborhood Phone Post 3.0

WOW

That house is a work of art. But location is a deal-breaker

UltimateKeyboardWarrior - Gorgeous home, shit neighborhood Phone Post 3.0

that sucks, great craftmanship in that area and all going to shit!

UltimateKeyboardWarrior - Gorgeous home, shit neighborhood Phone Post 3.0

Indian village is a very nice neighborhood. according to the stats its crime rate is actually a little lower than the national average.

Yup

Beautiful Phone Post 3.0

GaryG - WOW

The architect is the same one that designed the clubhouse for the country club I work at.

Passive Jay - 
GaryG - WOW

The architect is the same one that designed the clubhouse for the country club I work at.

Very interesting.

Love the look and design of the clubhouse. I need to learn more about Kahn.

redwhiteandblues -
UltimateKeyboardWarrior - Gorgeous home, shit neighborhood Phone Post 3.0

that sucks, great craftmanship in that area and all going to shit!

detroit is getting better!

nice place

Where are the Indians? Phone Post 3.0

That is right up my alley Phone Post 3.0