Details of Hillary's Email Debacle laid out (vid)

Later Phone Post 3.0

Moke,

at the time Clinton was SOS, it wasn't against federal regulations for her to use a private email account for government business as long as she forwarded it to a government server to be archived. Those regulations went into effect when Kerry became SOS.

So really the only issue is whether she modified classified docs and then sent them on to another party. Which she did not.

So none of your facts, are in fact facts.

Ummm, yes she did Mr. "Facts", maybe you should go back to sleep:

"22 emails on Mrs. Clinton’s server were held back from a tranche made public last week. Those 22 emails were deemed so highly secret that State Department officials in this case agreed with the intelligence agencies not to release them even in redacted form. The emails are included in seven distinct chains that comprise forwarded messages and replies, and in most cases involved discussions of the C.I.A. drone program"

That's the New York Times...Not exactly a right-wing fishwrap.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/06/us/politics/agencies-battle-over-what-is-top-secret-in-hillary-clintons-emails.html?_r=0

Anyway...we know who you're voting for don't we

theseanster - Ummm, yes she did Mr. "Facts", maybe you should go back to sleep:

"22 emails on Mrs. Clinton’s server were held back from a tranche made public last week. Those 22 emails were deemed so highly secret that State Department officials in this case agreed with the intelligence agencies not to release them even in redacted form. The emails are included in seven distinct chains that comprise forwarded messages and replies, and in most cases involved discussions of the C.I.A. drone program"

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/06/us/politics/agencies-battle-over-what-is-top-secret-in-hillary-clintons-emails.html?_r=0

If you actually read that article, you will notice that the 22 emails they have classified after the fact used non-intelligence sources.

So as Hillary has argued, really the issue is whether the public can read emails about classified programs using open source info.

If there was a case here against Hillary, the Attorney General would already have taken action.

They are fishing for aides.

So killery apologized and admitted that she made a mistake and now she is saying that she did nothing wrong. Um ok.

I played it in parts in the background while doing other things on the computer. He brings up a valid point about the precedence that this will set if it goes unpunished. People have done significant time in prison for less. How can she walk away unscathed, but someone who does less in the future gets severely punished

thesleeper - 
theseanster - Ummm, yes she did Mr. "Facts", maybe you should go back to sleep:

If you actually read that article, you will notice that the 22 emails they have classified after the fact used non-intelligence sources.

So as Hillary has argued, really the issue is whether the public can read emails about classified programs using open source info.

If there was a case here against Hillary, the Attorney General would already have taken action.

They are fishing for aides.

lol, of course that is her campaign's assertion (about the top secret emails found last year), and certainly their talking point...right now. We'll see after the FBI investigation is over. I disagree that the AG would have taken action already, but I agree with you that she will not be indicted - top secret or not. It just won't happen, she will be the nominee and most likely the next president.

sicko - I played it in parts in the background while doing other things on the computer. He brings up a valid point about the precedence that this will set if it goes unpunished. People have done significant time in prison for less. How can she walk away unscathed, but someone who does less in the future gets severely punished

You mean like when Dick Cheney revealed a covert CIA operative and let his aid take the fall?

TTT

thesleeper - 
sicko - I played it in parts in the background while doing other things on the computer. He brings up a valid point about the precedence that this will set if it goes unpunished. People have done significant time in prison for less. How can she walk away unscathed, but someone who does less in the future gets severely punished

You mean like when Dick Cheney revealed a covert CIA operative and let his aid take the fall?

On August 29, 2006, Neil A. Lewis of The New York Times reported that Armitage was the "initial and primary source" for columnist Robert Novak's July 14, 2003 article, which named Valerie Plame as a CIA "operative" and which triggered the CIA leak investigation.

It doesn't matter who the initial leak was, Libby lied about telling multiple journalists about Plame to the special counsel. Armitage owned up to it as a mistake.

thesleeper - It doesn't matter who the initial leak was, Libby lied about telling multiple journalists about Plame to the special counsel. Armitage owned up to it as a mistake.

I'm just pointing out who actually outed the CIA "operative".  It doesn't matter to you but to others it does matter.

It doesn't help that the Justice Department is run by obama, and that he is also implicated in those emails yet claimed to know nothing about them.

Bonzai Bob - For later Phone Post 3.0
Thia Phone Post 3.0

springfield - 
thesleeper - It doesn't matter who the initial leak was, Libby lied about telling multiple journalists about Plame to the special counsel. Armitage owned up to it as a mistake.

I'm just pointing out who actually outed the CIA "operative".  It doesn't matter to you but to others it does matter.

Well according to the people that are attacking Hillary, every instance of revealing classified info warrants prosecution.

Armitage worked for the DIA/CIA, so there is little doubt that his leak was intentional. Yet, he is still a free man...

thesleeper - 
springfield - 

Well according to the people that are attacking Hillary, every instance of revealing classified info warrants prosecution.

Armitage worked for the DIA/CIA, so there is little doubt that his leak was intentional. Yet, he is still a free man...

Do you think Armitage should be a free man?

later

springfield - 
thesleeper - 
springfield - 

Do you think Armitage should be a free man?

No but I think that what he did was an egregious crime, while Hillary just used a private email system and forwarded the emails to government servers, something other high ranking officials (Colin Powell, Conwoman Rice) in previous administrations had done.

She didn't deliberately reveal classified info to the public, like Armitage did.