Determining jacked fighters - MMA fans hypocrisy

Recently read this article that was about fighters with the best physiques:
http://www.mmamania.com/2011/11/28/2592439/who-is-the-most-jacked-fighter-in-the-ufc

The comments were overwhelmingly of this variety:

"This is a gay conversation."
"You are gay if you comment on the fighter with the best physique"

Are most MMA fans really such closet homesexuals that it is so uncomfortable to even read such an article?

The argument is usually that by saying someone has a good physique, that you are somehow checking them out sexually and that it is gay.

Well, is it not "gay" then to have a favorite fighter? What about if you like the way that Nick Diaz fights? Is it not "gay" to like the way another man fights? It probably doesn't get any gayer than that. Think about it. You are like a little girl that swooning over another grown man because he "kicks ass".

I don't think any of the above is gay, btw.

Oh, and would you hit this:
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhs6siWSft1qbao8wo1_500.jpg

starhunk - I'm not going to read this gay thread Phone Post

. Phone Post

I feel teh gay creeping into me as I read this, must leave and fap to lesbian pr0n, oh no, still teh gay. Go away bad thread, go away! Phone Post

Smugcloud - The Vitor training with GSP thread delved into gayness pretty quick. I think anytime you go around commenting on mens bodies and you are a man yourself that you might need to find something else to look at. Sure you can easily notice if someone jacked but why comment on it? Seriously, who gives a shit if some fighter looks good or not. I never understood that.

I suppose you've never heard of a sport called bodybuilding?

Also, do u Think the WWE has guys that are yoked cuz their target male audience doesn't want to see that?

DFW himself gets pissed about BC's shit physique.

Oh and all u can deny as much as u want but Arnold Schwarzenegger was a star and had a huge male fan base not due to his acting but his physique.

Bunch of closet homos on this site.

You are actually spot on. There are a bunch of repressed young homophobes on here. That gif just fit too well not to post it.

homosexuality is gay.

Is this what the UG has become? A bunch of wannabe comedians?

Smugcloud - Dana White and his problem with Big Country is that he wants to legitimize and mainstream the sport. And a person as fat as Roy was/is isnt good for the casual fans who think anyone can do it if Roy can.

as opposed to people that are on the juice, who are GOOD for the sport, because the casual fan believes not ANYONE can get access to drugs that can assist in achieving a more Fudd-like appearance? gtfo

I agree with OP or whoever else says there is nothing gay about admiring a dudes physique. I am straight as an arrow, have banged many hot ladies in my day, but I can absolutely appreciate a nice, impressively built male body.

Saying you think a guys body looks good is no different than saying you think a car looks good, or a house looks good, or painting looks good. Just because you admire it or think it looks good doesn't mean you are sexually attracted to it.

Only insecure dweebs get all uncomfortable in those kind of conversations.

Smugcloud - 
mghan44 - I agree with OP or whoever else says there is nothing gay about admiring a dudes physique. I am straight as an arrow, have banged many hot ladies in my day, but I can absolutely appreciate a nice, impressively built male body.

Saying you think a guys body looks good is no different than saying you think a car looks good, or a house looks good, or painting looks good. Just because you admire it or think it looks good doesn't mean you are sexually attracted to it.

Only insecure dweebs get all uncomfortable in those kind of conversations.

admiring
Regard (an object, quality, or person) with respect or warm approval.
Look at with pleasure.

Before your gross interpretation, most would easily say they "admire" the way a fighter fights.

Your arrow may be a bit bent so to speak.

MMA and BJJ or any sport without clothing is pretty darn homoerotic...and there's nothing wrong with that lol

Smugcloud -

The WWE yoked comment as well as the Arnold comment both fall into the same category. Their physique fits the roll that they are portraying. Some of the more memorable wrestlers were not all yoked up. And some were downright obese. Its all a roll, like a play or a movie. Arnold was Conan. His rolls in movies after that were also of the freakishly strong persona.
anyone can do it if Roy can. .

overwhelmingly, Every action hero from rocky to Rambo to total recall to fast and furious to vin diesel in XXX has been built. The physique of all action roles does not require a ripped male. It's what people Wang to see obviously. It doesn't make all of the homo.

Lol at guys who enjoy watching guys rolling around wearing nothing but tiny shorts calling talking about bodies gay. Phone Post