Devon Larratt is going to box the Mountain

Well that sucked.

Boxing is very much like music, in that you should record what you’re playing to see how it sounds/looks in hindsight. I wonder if Firas was honest with him on how he looked in training?

My guess is Devon kinda knew this was a long shot.

1 Like

These freakshows have a shelf life. Promoters better make their money while there’s still interest because it will quickly dry up.

It’s cyclical. Don’t you remember Joey buttofucko boxing chyna?

1 Like

Nobody outside of the arm wrestling community should be surprised by the result. Devon looked horrible, starting with this boxing stance which was square. He was running around, wasting tons of energy and gassing out badly especially after his failed flurry attempt.

This would have been an early stoppage by any pro boxing standard but a good stoppage under Devon’s circumstances. The ref saved him from a brutal KO moments later.

He was screaming as he threw his punches.

In Devons defense he landed a good shot early on. He did in fact punch thor in the face. both looked terrible tho. thors wasting his talents in boxing. he should go back to strongman or compete in mma like puidzianowski. at shw, he could prob do quite well.

1 Like

Well that’s just a Devon thing

But yes, his form and flailing around was the problem.

Yep, I saw that. Devon did land a nice right hand counter early in the fight but didn’t seem to phase Thor.

I actually think Thor is doing the right thing at this stage of his life. In an interview he said that he has won all there is to win in Strongman and is now focusing more on his health. So rather than relying on PEDs, cutting down on his weight is a good thing imo.

Michael Todd (Devon’s arch rival) on the other hand announced that he will be going on steroids for one last hurrah in arm wrestling hoping to make to the top by beating Devon or Levan. Personally, I wouldn’t sacrifice health for fame but to each their own.

It’s so strange to me that some men can’t fight, at all. And even men skilled in other physical sports.

I mean everyone can lose. Everyone can get beat up.

But to not to even know basic stance and form. To not to even have a basic jab, basic footwork, and a decent straight right hand (trained for, and lined up) is remarkable IF you actually train for, and take, a boxing match.

It’s not intuitive for most people.

1 Like

Devon is no small man. Thor doesn’t even look human. He looks like Thanos.

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

Eddie would destroy Thor’s liver

Many people have delusions of themselves especially when it comes to street fighting or boxing. Those of us that have trained boxing know how hard and demanding the sport is.

It was plain as daylight to see that Thor has been putting in the time to train boxing properly for a year and a half with a couple of exhibition fights while Devon had delusions of being able to box. No amount of warrior mindset is going to get you through the tough rounds that you’ve never experienced before.

I’m entrenched within the arm wrestling community and it’s comical to see how many people thought that Devon would win or even last 3 rounds.

I’m a Devon fan but this experience was surely humbling and somewhat embarrassing for him. He’s still the man though and has accomplished way more than I ever have.

1 Like

Is Eddie any good at boxing? I’ll be putting my money on Thor, he’s putting in the honest time in the ring.

I don’t think either one of them landed a clean solid punch on each other. I think Devon running around screaming had the ref scared for his safety so he stopped the fight…

I think Devon got put on the vegan diet by his trainers because they seen he was a walking heart attack about to happen.

Devon needs to chill out. He doesn’t look healthy. You can see it in his eyes. He needs to get off the steroids, change his diet, and chill out on the arm wrestling. I think he almost died a year or so ago from blood clots. The doctors caught it just in time. Then after he heals, he hulks himself up on more steroids and thousands upon thousands of calories per day, drinking syrup from the bottle, to arm wrestle Michael Todd…

Devon is going to fall over dead within 3 years if he don’t change something drastically. I don’t think his heart can take it much longer

1 Like

Eddie is a windmill puncher. He’s horrible. His training consist of power lifting and getting his trainers to stand still so he can punch them as hard as he can…

Devon probably put in more honest work then Eddie.

1 Like

Eddie is not good. But he will do better than Devon.

He has some explosion, and intent. Intent to throw ‘x’, for ‘x reason’.

But will likely gas early. But they both probably will.

1 Like

Getting some coaching from CW champ, Okoli.

1 Like