DFW asked if Chimaev ready for Usman

Former BRAVE CF contender Khamzat "Borz" Chimaev had one the most spectacular UFC debuts in memory on Fight Island, winning two fights within a record-setting ten days, and earning $50,000 performance bonuses for each. Chimaev was asked post-fight about how quickly he wants to win the UFC welterweight title.

“As soon as possible,” replied Chimaev. “I will not fight once a year — five, six, seven, as many as possible. If I win all my fights, if I finish everybody like I do, I get it soon. I don’t think they want to give me a tough fight because I only have two fights. But if they do, I will be happy to smash somebody from the Top 10."

UFC president Dana White, who is looking for an opponent for Chimaev at UFC 252 on August 15, spoke recently with ESPN's Brett Okamoto about "Borz."

“Khamzat. I mean, you know? The guy is so dominant, so confident, wants to continue to fight every weekend,” said White. “I love it. I love guys with that mentality. I love how talented this guy is. We threw the hottest prospect out of the U.K. at him and that kid is a badass. That kid is a legit great fighter. [Chimaev] made it look like he didn’t belong there. … The kid is legit. He’s real and he knows it and I love it.

“He said he wanted to fight and I said, ‘Done. I’ll make it happen.' He wants to fight now again in August. I’m going to get him what he wants.”

“That’s what we’re trying to figure out. We were sitting in here this morning trying to figure out what we think is next. If you ask this kid, he’s ready to fight Usman. You know what I mean? Is he ready for Usman? The way he looks, who knows? Maybe.”

What do think UG? Who is Chimaev ready for? Cowboy? Another debuting UFC fighter? Usman??!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4vpW1QS7_M

h/t Adam Guillen Jr. for MMA Mania

I think there is a legitimate chance he could beat Usman right now.

4 Likes
Bereal - I think there is a legitimate chance he could beat Usman right now.

This. Once in a lifetime talent when it comes to mma. Healthier, stronger, wrestling unbelievable, meaner, and his striking is insane, just unknown to most fans. Awkward standup with power for days. Usman would be in trouble. Quickly 

Yeah. Do it now 

2 Likes

Usman is so boring that Dana is willing to consider giving Chimaev a title shot. 

2 Likes

Do it now please, don’t even think twice. This guy will end Usman.

1 Like

Give him a top 10 guy and let's see what he can do. Exciting prospect.

Gilbert Burns 

TAPES -
Bereal - I think there is a legitimate chance he could beat Usman right now.

This. Once in a lifetime talent when it comes to mma. Healthier, stronger, wrestling unbelievable, meaner, and his striking is insane, just unknown to most fans. Awkward standup with power for days. Usman would be in trouble. Quickly 

he could probably be the ceo of any company if he wanted to.

1 Like

They're not gonna give him Usman...they COULD give him Woodley though..

I do think that he needs to be tested sooner rather than later. If there is a chance that Chimaev could straight-out kick Usman’s ass, then the belt means little. I say give Chimaev someone legit and then straight to Usman.

Usman by death process.  You guys are crazy, chimaev needs a few more fights before he's ready these top-5 beasts.

Just give him belt right away. That way it legitimizes him as someone who is better than Conor.

Sure why not

Conor just accepted the fight.

A month ago this man had never been in the ufc most people never hearof him. Now people have hin beating Usman? Lol. What happened to all that "the ufc doesnt know how to build stars" and how they screwed up with Sage Northcutt, CM Punk, rushed Johnny Walker, Darren Till, etc. You guys are hilarious.

This is getting ridiculous. The guy has been a pro less than 3 years and has fought 100% D-class opponents so far. He should be 5-6 fights away from a title shot.

Giblert Brunson

Calm down, we don't even know if he can keep up that pressure for more than a round 

Joshinho - 

Calm down, we don't even know if he can keep up that pressure for more than a round 

People are acting like Khabig is the 2nd coming of Jon Jones.