DFW doubtful about Jones vs. Ngannou

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and Next Big Thing Francis Ngannou recently bickered on Twitter and agreed to fight, in theory.

"If you guys think I wouldn’t take this fight you’re insane," tweeted Jones. "I have absolutely nothing else to prove as a light heavyweight. I’d love that big money fight right around now. Send the deal."

At this weekend's UFC on ESPN 8 post-fight press conference, UFC president Dana White was asked about the possible fight.

“Anything’s possible,” replied White. “I don’t know if those guys really want that fight. Let me tell you this - and I’m not saying this is the case with these two - you see a lot of talk online but actually making fights is whole other ball game.”

h/t Sherdog

Everyone should always be doubtful that any Jon Jones fight will happen. 

3 Likes

I would love to see N'Gannou and Jones go at it - Jones wouldn't take it though.  He would ask for an unreasonable amount of money. That would be his way of saying he was willing to fight, but the UFC wasn't willing to pay him. Dana, please pay Jones whatever he wants so we can see him get put to sleep!! 

1 Like

Ngannou doesn't even hit Jones clean. Unfortunately, he is not gonna be the one to finally smack that fucker down. Stipe can do it. Maybe Adesanaya edges out decision, but besides those two, I don't see anyone doing it. Maybe DC. That's it. I think the DC boat as sailed though...

cantuna4u -

Ngannou doesn't even hit Jones clean. Unfortunately, he is not gonna be the one to finally smack that fucker down. Stipe can do it. Maybe Adesanaya edges out decision, but besides those two, I don't see anyone doing it. Maybe DC. That's it. I think the DC boat as sailed though...

The last two guys to fight him can do it, and some feel they already did.  

1 Like
BrowBeaten - 

Why? The UFC give him car blanche!

If he wants HW, let him fight AA. Didn’t they used to whine about him going too hard in training? Now your chance to give it back

lol even dana knows jones is bullshitting, clearly Francis wants and would take this fight!

cantuna4u -

If there is anything I learned from watching MMA its that anyone can get hit. Jones is not as fast as he used to be, he hasn't looked as sharp in his past few fights. The Predator can absolutely hit him and the special thing about him is, he only needs to touch you once and its over. Jones would literally have to run the entire fight.  I would love to see this match up.

1 Like
KaiTangata -
BrowBeaten - 

Tell me more about this "car blanche"

1 Like
RichardSteel -
KaiTangata -
BrowBeaten - 

Tell me more about this "car blanche"

When you hit a pregnant woman with your car, you Blanche her

1 Like

Jon should screw DC and fight Stipe lol

But seriously, this Francis stuff is BS. If Jon was gonna go to HW why the hell would he fight Francis without a championship?? Stipe has the title and is a better match up imo. So in other words, this ain’t happening. Jon’s just bored and woofin on Twitter. 

Jon don't want that smoke

25 minutes of running and clinching no thank you 

TheMysticMark -

I would love to see N'Gannou and Jones go at it - Jones wouldn't take it though.  He would ask for an unreasonable amount of money. That would be his way of saying he was willing to fight, but the UFC wasn't willing to pay him. Dana, please pay Jones whatever he wants so we can see him get put to sleep!! 

I would pay good money for that fight.

Jones wins the interim then fights for the undisputed screwing DC. Then he fights DC for a third time.