DFW explains why Chris Carioso got a title shot

I don't mind Cariaso getting the title shot. There's honestly no one left for Johnson in that division, so why not? Johnson's beaten the ones that are at the top of the division already. If Cariaso wins....it's gonna shake things up for sure. It's not like they just picked some random bum at that...he's 17-5. That's a pretty damn good record, and he's on a 3 fight win streak. The rankings aren't the end all be all, we all know this, especially when it comes to the UFC. Plus at this level, the way I see it is everyone is a threat. Phone Post 3.0

lastcall -
VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT - 
sacredhate - isn't it okay to have any of the top 10 guys get a title shot pending their availability?

Dude is ranked #8...he's not the number 1 contender but i have no problem with him getting a shot.
I have a problem with a $60 price tag for this fight and a bw title rematch that no one wanted. Phone Post 3.0

How big a problem do you have watching free events on Fox and Fox Sports?
What does that have to do with anything? The Fox cards are generally better than 177. Phone Post 3.0

VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT -
sacredhate - isn't it okay to have any of the top 10 guys get a title shot pending their availability?

Dude is ranked #8...he's not the number 1 contender but i have no problem with him getting a shot.
I have a problem with a $60 price tag for this fight and a bw title rematch that no one wanted. Phone Post 3.0
THIS. Idk why barao got a immediate rematch, they completely undermine the division rankings when they do that and that fight wasn't even close...renan just doesn't deserve the immediate rematch but idk if there were any more fights to make..besides the obvious one that's coming. Dillashaw v. Faber. DUN DUN DUN. Phone Post 3.0

Powerful DJH - 
VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT -

THIS. Idk why barao got a immediate rematch, they completely undermine the division rankings when they do that and that fight wasn't even close...renan just doesn't deserve the immediate rematch but idk if there were any more fights to make..besides the obvious one that's coming. Dillashaw v. Faber. DUN DUN DUN. Phone Post 3.0

what about the guy who beat tj by split =(

This reminds me of Dillashaw/Barao

lastcall -

How big a problem do you have watching free events on Fox and Fox Sports?
That is such a backwards argument.

So because we get free fights, we are suppose to be ok paying for a shit card?

Let me make a quick comparison.

That's like going to the best steak house in your city, and getting a 40$ meal for 12 bucks. Then, the next day being charged 40$ at mcdonalds.. Is that ok? Phone Post 3.0

lol I don't think any one is bitching about Johnson... It's Cariaso, he's still building. I get he's in the top ten but why not let him grow to number 1 and generate some actual interest and buzz. They could've waited a little longer for the Pickett/McCall winner or even thrown formiga in there(despite his weight issues).

I'm not too upset im just really surprised. Phone Post 3.0

MasterofMartialArts - 
SQUEEZIE - mm beat all the top contenders convincingly the last time they met.the best available guy(who he already beat) is hurt,the next best guy after that a he beat twice already and the guy after him he beat twice already...let someone else get a crack at it.
Lol, come to think of it, MM has beat all contenders, more than once.

Fuck it, just let him defend against everyone in the top 10.

Is this the only division that's this thin? Phone Post 3.0

Heavyweight would be that thin if Cain fought more. Not really surprising that the two weakest divisions are the ones on the absolute extremes of human physicality.

Sounds like Dana wants to pad might mouses record
"Guess he has to keep knockin people out"

That really means "hopefully he knocks him out in spectacular fashion and people start to care"

This must be their solution to the extremely low ppv buyrate, this is desperate IMO. Phone Post 3.0

I Came I Saw I Lurked - 

besides the two title fights, most of the card is crap. ufc on fox's are much more stacked. Barao shouldn't be getting an instant rematch, and chris is going to get tooled by mm

So then shouldn't you guys be happy the fights you don't want t see are on PPV and the fights you want to see are on the Fox card? This way you save yourself the 60 bucks and get to see the fights you want.

I don't understand why people get upset that the PPVs are weak. Just don't buy them and watch the free fights on fox and fs1 instead if you think they are better there.

Chris is a tough dude with a good record and a nice win streak.  He's deserving of it.  Best of luck to him.

Eventually Faber will figure out how to cut to 125 as there is a big opening for a title shot.