DFW hate for AO is too much

He says AO ain't fought shit.

What about JDS? He's been handfed easy ass "strikers" since fighting Werdum and couldn't even finish Roy Nelson. AO would've knocked his ass out in the 1st round.

The combined record (of their last 4 fights) of JDS previous 5 opponents:
Nelson 2-2
Gonzaga 1-3
Yvel 1-3
Crocop 2-2
Struve 3-1

That is 9 wins - 11 losses. And he's a credible #2 ranking?

Oh, and if Brendan Schaub somehow beats Mir, get the fuck outta here with a top 5-6 ranking he'll probably be given.

You are counting the JDS loss in all of them, which doesn't really make sense here.. So more like 9-5 when you exclude JDS.

Overeem still does have huge questions over his MMA opponents. No doubt he's good and his striking is quality but he hasn't really fought anyone in a while and his last really legit top 10 opponents he lost to.

Mix6APlix -  Overeem will never pass a piss test, so your point is moot. All he can do is kickbox in nations that don't test. Phone Post

Never?  He passed his piss test against Rogers in May 2010.  So, you're wrong.

Brett Rogers > anyone JDS has ever fought? (except maybe Nelson)

some ppl on this forum are just retarded does anyone actually do any research before making a post? how about a well thought about arguement? Dana does not hate overeem has stated it in many interviews also allistar was on one of danas blogs for ufc 93 in dublin, The point he makes about overeems mma record is a valid one, which has been covered several thousand times in the last couple of weeks on this forum. For me the problem is Strikeforce and its fighters, In my opinion if allistar fought fedor or werdum I believe he would beat them, thats just me. But these fights have not happened and are not likely to happen in the next six months due to fighters wanting to pick and choose their opponents, does anyone think this shit would go down in the UFC, it wouldnt simple! If Cain turned round and said I dont really fancy the JDS give me brock instead I want to beat him again, you really think that would wash with dana fuck no!

sorry for the rant, lol

at the end of the day I think rankings are bullshit and the only to find out who the best is, is for these great fighters to fight each other! I actually beleive if the so called top 10 heavyweights all fought each other over the next year or so the reem and fedor would come out 1-2.

Fucking 10ers!

Localcup - some ppl on this forum are just retarded does anyone actually do any research before making a post? how about a well thought about arguement? Dana does not hate overeem has stated it in many interviews also allistar was on one of danas blogs for ufc 93 in dublin, The point he makes about overeems mma record is a valid one, which has been covered several thousand times in the last couple of weeks on this forum. For me the problem is Strikeforce and its fighters, In my opinion if allistar fought fedor or werdum I believe he would beat them, thats just me. But these fights have not happened and are not likely to happen in the next six months due to fighters wanting to pick and choose their opponents, does anyone think this shit would go down in the UFC, it wouldnt simple! If Cain turned round and said I dont really fancy the JDS give me brock instead I want to beat him again, you really think that would wash with dana fuck no!

sorry for the rant, lol

at the end of the day I think rankings are bullshit and the only to find out who the best is, is for these great fighters to fight each other! I actually beleive if the so called top 10 heavyweights all fought each other over the next year or so the reem and fedor would come out 1-2.

Fucking 10ers!

Good post.

lol

Localcup - some ppl on this forum are just retarded does anyone actually do any research before making a post? how about a well thought about arguement? Dana does not hate overeem has stated it in many interviews also allistar was on one of danas blogs for ufc 93 in dublin, The point he makes about overeems mma record is a valid one, which has been covered several thousand times in the last couple of weeks on this forum. For me the problem is Strikeforce and its fighters, In my opinion if allistar fought fedor or werdum I believe he would beat them, thats just me. But these fights have not happened and are not likely to happen in the next six months due to fighters wanting to pick and choose their opponents, does anyone think this shit would go down in the UFC, it wouldnt simple! If Cain turned round and said I dont really fancy the JDS give me brock instead I want to beat him again, you really think that would wash with dana fuck no!

sorry for the rant, lol

Fucking 10ers!

THIS

And JDS actually beat the shit(and the eyesight) out of Cro Cop(the one decent opponent Overeem has had in 3 years) fairly instead of Kongo'ing his balls to a no contest.

See the problem is for bouts prior 10, 09 you only read the fighter finder.

If you actually watched the fight you'd know Overeem ragdolled Cro Cop, cut him, hit him with vicious GnP. Mir couldn't even budge Cro Cop to the ground and Overeem was manhandling him. Yes the groin strike resulted in a NC but you can't discount his performance prior to it.

Yet when JDS beats him a year later (which was impressive, don't get me wrong) only he gets credit because it was inside the Octagon?

actually had to read down to know who "AO"  was... lol

long day.....

I throw my telescope in the air sometimes singing ayo, I'm Galileo

Nice post Pandanus , but you have to add another variable to this, which cro cop showed up on these 3 occasions? Mirko is a legend of the sport no doubt, but over the last couple of years he has shown no consistancy. How do u know in those 3 fights a healthy/motivated/hungary mirko showed up on every ocassion, we dont. To compare what 2 fighters have done to one individual makes sense in a ideal world but as I say did they both face the same mirko, probably not too many factors exsist in life so one day is different to the next(talking shite again) the only way to find out who is best is for them to fight. going back to point about ppl being different every day, Fedor back in the day was the exception to that rule, he use to turn up, no emotion, never complaining, never heard about his management, and get the job done like a robot, now you throw in the M1 bullshit alot more media appearences, and he gets caught in a triangle where 5 years ago he would of been nowhere near!

HotMetalDachshund - I'm surprised people still take what DW says seriously when it comes to any fighters that are not signed with UFC.

It's comical.

I logged in JUST to quote this!!

HotMetalDachshund - 
Darth BLAF - 
HotMetalDachshund - I'm surprised people still take what DW says seriously when it comes to any fighters that are not signed with UFC.

It's comical.

Well, some people (aka "retards") have this mistaken (deranged? demented? insane?) impression that's it's Dana's job (as a promoter) to promote fighters that don't even work for his promotion.

I don't know if all of them are retards and mental patients.....a few of them might be commies too.

I understand the role of a promoter. Not promoting your competitor's product is one thing. Acting like a spoiled child who didn't get their way and talking absolute bullshit is another.

Coca-Cola doesn't promote Pepsi, but they don't go around saying Pepsi is full of rat feces and will give you AIDS. (Maybe that is not the best example, but I'm trying to make a point.)

Maybe they don't use those words that you arbitrarily picked, but they certainly do say that Pepsi is better than coke with their "Take the Pepsi Challenge".  They could have simply left Coke out of their marketing strategy like yo claim Dana should do with competitors, but they chose to attack Coke, (Dana does the same with his competition) with damaging statements under their Pepsi challenge promotion.  

A great example if you're trying to show that Dana White simply operates like corporate giants.  

maybe with all the Zuffa hate on the forum we should compare it as deathrow records and badboy records lol lorenzo is Suge knight, Dana is Tupac, Coker is Biggie smalls!

I dont agree with some of the smack dana talks, but just for a minute put yourself in his shoes, wouldnt you do everything in your power to ensure that the company you owe 10% in becomes a global superpower and fucks up all competition I know I would!

also I fuck all about american football (english!) but sure I read somewhere that when vince macmahon started the XFL the NFL used its political muscle to stop the XFL from getting off the ground. Its what you have to do to be number 1 and stay at the top of the game!

"AO" dismantled Buentello..something Mr. co main event at 124 wasn't able to do..

What nobody seemed to have answered is how the fuck JDS is a legit #2... who the fuck has he beaten to deserve that ranking? Struve will be top 10 one day, Yvel needs to quit, Gonzaga considering retirement, and Nelson isn't top 10 either.

How the fuck does he "deserve" a title shot? Shouldn't he have to fight Brock, Carwin or Mir first (legit top 10 fighters?). For those that will say he beat Werdum, using DFW's logic, Werdum ain't shit. <----again that's DFW's logic

So, DFW is letting a fighter fight for the title that has only beat up non top-10 fighters, except for Werdum. But then dipshits will go on to say Werdum sucks cuz he's a UFC dropout. Idiots.

p.s. this 10'er has been watching UFC since UFC 1. Watched on PPV and then followed during dark ages by renting video tapes and watching shit online.