DFW 'Hioki is best japanese fighter in the world'

If that the best Japan has to offer, Japanese mma might be actually dead.

didnt look to good to me, if he won(which is debatable) it was razor thin

I thought Okami was the best Japanese fighter in the world?

elite level japanese fighters never represented japanese mma. rings did, pride did then dream for a minute or two.

Ramon Maroni - didnt look to good to me, if he won(which is debatable) it was razor thin

I was hoping it was 'octagon jitters'

hoping ....

Hioki will come good. His stand up is decent and he has a good ground game but again will struggle against the cancer of MMA wrestling. Phone Post

Definitely Okami.

Would be Masato if he was still fighting.

Also think Aoki is better.

So sad... Phone Post

It wasn't a great performance from Hioki, but I think he'll prove his worth before long. Anybody who's dominated guys like Marlon Sandro, Mark Hominick,Ronnie Mann, and Jeff Curran is pretty good in my book. If that was the first you've seen of Hioki, I think you witnessed him at less than his best. He's made very good grappler like Sandro, Rumino Sato and Jeff Curran look very average on the ground. I'm looking forward to his next fight in the UFC, hopefully he'll get past some of the jitters and we'll see what he can do.

Before anyone says he finally fought decent competition nonsense, take a look back and see what Hominick did to Roop. Hioki beat Hominick twice.

In related news!

I am the best fighter in my living room.

how about Rogan's excuse that Japanese fighters have to fly so far, that's why they do so poorly in the UFC?

snort

come over a month earlier for fucks sake!!!

i actually thought roop won and i was telling all my friends who dont watch as much mma as me how great hioki is. lets not be fooled by roop though. dudes length is a pain to deal with at 145. he ko'ed the korean zombie hard, so he's no joke.

hioki will show his skills though. he is a warrior and i'm sure he wasn't really happy with the way he fought either. dont give up on him yet.

Chimonos Revenge - I thought Okami was the best Japanese fighter in the world?

Promoter tells untruths in the promotion of his product! Somebody alert Squattuck!

We do see alot of fighters who have just come to ufc have a pretty average 1st fight. Ufc jitters I guess we can call it. Just have to wait till his next fight Phone Post

Chimonos Revenge - I thought Okami was the best Japanese fighter in the world?

Dana think people cant remember anything.

I still like Hioki's odds in the UFC. 

Jack Skellington -  how about Rogan's excuse that Japanese fighters have to fly so far, that's why they do so poorly in the UFC?

snort

come over a month earlier for f***** sake!!!

he was saying thats what Phil Baroni said and didnt think that was probly it... turn up the tv bro

Finnie1878 - Hioki will come good. His stand up is decent and he has a good ground game but again will struggle against the cancer of MMA wrestling. Phone Post

We don't care of he'll "come good". His sex life is none of our business.

In any case, you're calling wrestling a "cancer", but Hioki did more laying and praying than any American wrestler I've seen in a long time. He wasn't even trying to advance... He was just laying there on top of Roop trying to hide his boner. Phone Post

Dana does not know his head from his ass.

He held his own but was boring to watch IMO. 1st fight in UFC could be to blame.
I just don't think UFC rules / cage are suited to Japanese / long term pride fighters. I much prefer Prides rules. It seemed much more pure fighting. Whereas UFC is heavily Wrestler based. Phone Post