DFW: If Khamzat wins, he fights Colby next

:scream::scream::scream::scream:

I figured he’d just get a title shot next

5 Likes

Me watching my two favorite non-Diaz WW’s fight:

3 Likes

i like it. tru test for both. Would be Colbys first fight in years vs a hungry fighter not named Usman.

3 Likes

Can you imagine the promotion, press conferences, and trash talk between these two leading up to the matchup

8 Likes

Colby might end up in a far worse situation than what happened with Jorge.

7 Likes

Big facts lol

3 Likes

Kinda depends on how KZ does. If KZ struggles and barely gets past Durinho, I think he needs to fight a few more contenders before Colby.

1 Like

Doesn’t matter imo. A W is a W. He’d have beaten the number 2 ranked fighter in the division lol

1 Like

Its a great matchup though for Khamzats elite cardio and wrestling

1 Like

Hell yes Usman or Colby are both awesome fights. I figured if Chimaev finishes Burns super quick he get title shot right but seems it’s Colby either way

Sometime DFW waits

But if people talk shit about him he’s always waiting in the shadows

[​IMG]

2 Likes

Stiffness

Irresponsible and unprofessional by UFC to make such a statement before a fight with Burns. Obviously, seeing through Burns despite the “if.” Secondly, if Chimaev only scratches a win against Burns, other in the division who deserve Colby/Usman fight more than him.

I think Dana knows KC vs burns carrying the otherwise relative uninspiring card so raising the stakes.

1 Like

I’d rather see him just fight Usman if he beats Burns and then Colby could earn a title shot.

If Khamzat beats Burns and Colby convincingly, I think Khamzat would be the favorite against Usman.

Usman got dropped by Burns and lost nearly half the rounds against Colby.

One could argue Colby won the first half of the first fight and the second half of the second fight against Usman.

2 Likes

Conor is delusional (desperate) enough to think he can take out Usman for a third title in his comeback fight

The UFC is going to sacrifice Colby to hype up Khamzat

The winners of those two fights (Khamzat and Usman) will fight for the title.

Then Khamzat will smesh Israel for the MW title.

2 Likes

That does nothing IMO.

Chimaev beats Burns, then Colby beats Chimaev, you just knocked out 2 people to fight Usman, and Colby isn’t getting a 3rd fight.

4 Likes

Colby has no punching power or submissions and his college wrestling was not even good enough to defend 4 old RDA takedowns.

Khamzat is the worst possible match up for him and will be a gigantic favorite.

3 Likes

My question is then what if Burns wins? Does he have to fight Colby too? He should

1 Like

Am I hearing this wrong, or did Dana just say he’s got a fight coming up on ABC, and this is the fight he would like to put there? What’s that all about? ABC?