DFW: Nick Diaz worth 500k payday vs. Matt Brown

Nope, we don't negotiate with terrorism Phone Post 3.0

orcus - "it has potential to be the best selling ppv ever"

lol

This.

There is no fuckin way that this would have that kind of potential. It's a hardcore fan fight. This will not bring in casual viewers because few of them know Diaz and none of them know Brown.

The hardcores know this would be a great fight, but this isn't a PPV headliner. These guys haven't been built up enough yet by the UFC.

As a side note, get over Diaz. He's retired. Get the fuck over it.

UFC won't do that because they are trying to build up Matt Brown for a title shot.

Nick Diaz would fill Brown's holes with bunches of punches, if not submit him.

There is no way Brown could beat Diaz.

Ernesto Frieri up to his old tricks last night

Luckily our offense saved us

I would so buy that fight.

Having just seen Brown's purse for his last fight I say FUCK NO. That guy made an extra 100,000 by beating the shit out of a guy and having the shit beat out of him. He's suspended indefinitely for that effort. Fuck paying anyone $500,000 just to show up against a guy like that unless Matt gets that much to show up to.

Imagine being a guy making in the teens (bonuses aside) and fighting a guy getting half a mil just to waltz into the joint.

Fuck no. Phone Post 3.0

Lol @ paying Nick that. Last time he won a fight was in 2011 Phone Post 3.0

shaqitup - 300k buys tops Phone Post 3.0
Bones vs Glover did 350.

Hendo vs Evans did 150.

Barao vs Faber did around 130.

I'd say Diaz vs Brown does 150-200 MAX. Phone Post 3.0

HereticMMA - The problem is it would set a standard for other fighters to claim they are retiring unless they get what they want.

The proper way to hold the UFC's feet over the fire is to do what Gilbert Melendez did with Bellator. Phone Post 3.0
This, and honestly what kind of message would that send to Matt brown? Phone Post 3.0

Lroberto - Best co-main event a ppv could have. Not big enough for main event though although I would definitely buy if it was regardless. Phone Post 3.0

This made me laugh, so true!

I find it interesting the difference in Nick Diaz fans and let's say Mark Hunt fans. Soooooo instead of what appears to be the infinitely more dangerous Woodley or Lombard fight, Diaz fans want to see him in a much more winnable fight against Brown. Hunts fans wanted nothing to do with what appears to be an (while not a lock) easier fight in Schaub and want Hunt to fight to black belted, bomb throwing, iron chinned Nelson. Difference in Philosophies?

The Diaz bros are two people of just a few that I shell out to order a PPV for.  

One&Done - I find it interesting the difference in Nick Diaz fans and let's say Mark Hunt fans. Soooooo instead of what appears to be the infinitely more dangerous Woodley or Lombard fight, Diaz fans want to see him in a much more winnable fight against Brown. Hunts fans wanted nothing to do with what appears to be an (while not a lock) easier fight in Schaub and want Hunt to fight to black belted, bomb throwing, iron chinned Nelson. Difference in Philosophies?

Picture what a Woodley-Diaz fight could look like, and then picture what Diaz-Brown would look like. Is it really that confusing?

HAWKZILLA - Nope, we don't negotiate with terrorism Phone Post 3.0

Hah! Good one!

You guys need to stop with the "Nick hasn't won" type posts. It's not like he lost to mid level guys. He won 11 in a row and then lost to Condit in such a joke of a fight that it shouldn't hurt his standing and then lost to GSP. Everybody else in the division would have lost that fight too.

I'm not saying Nick deserves 500k guaranteed but his losses aren't a reason to keep him out of the current top of the division discussion. Phone Post 3.0

Give Nick his $500k and whatever Matt's base salary, make a $250k win bonus. They can headline the card. Put Mark Hunt vs. Roy Nelson as co-main. Fill the undercard with maube Mikey McDonald's return. It would be a cant miss action filled card. It would without doubt sell out in Sacramento or any Bay Area Venue like San Jose or Oakland.

"You guys need to stop with the "Nick hasn't won" type posts. It's not like he lost to mid level guys. He won 11 in a row and then lost to Condit in such a joke of a fight that it shouldn't hurt his standing and then lost to GSP. Everybody else in the division would have lost that fight too."

So which awesome opponents did he beat that "everybody else in the division" wouldn't also beat? Scott Smith? Cyborg? BJ Penn (now at 145)?

I'm not saying Nick deserves 500k guaranteed but his losses aren't a reason to keep him out of the current top of the division discussion.
Yeah, it's not fair to only talk about his losses. We should really focus on all of his amazing wins over ranked opponents, such as

I'll pay a 100 dollars for that PPV...consisting of ONLY that one fight.

One&Done - I find it interesting the difference in Nick Diaz fans and let's say Mark Hunt fans. Soooooo instead of what appears to be the infinitely more dangerous Woodley or Lombard fight, Diaz fans want to see him in a much more winnable fight against Brown. Hunts fans wanted nothing to do with what appears to be an (while not a lock) easier fight in Schaub and want Hunt to fight to black belted, bomb throwing, iron chinned Nelson. Difference in Philosophies?
I'm a Nick Diaz fan and love to see him fight, anyone the UFC puts in front of him is good with me. Haters want him to fight guys they think he will loose to. Win or lose the guy brings it. That all that matters to me. Phone Post 3.0