DFW on Cain in 2008 and other crazy quotes

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ufc-drops-fitch-aka-fighters-054200825--mma.html

--

Dana in 2008 over Cain not wanting to sign away his likeness

"Chuck Liddell has that language in his contract. Randy Couture has it. Anderson Silva has it. And Cain fucking Velasquez, with two fucking fights, wants us to change it for him? That's fucking nuts. He can get the fuck out."

White said he excepted AKA welterweight Mike Swick from that group because he said Swick called him and told him he wants to fight for the UFC. But Fitch and heavyweight Christian Wellisch were cut on Wednesday, and heavyweight prospect Cain Velasquez and welterweight Josh Koscheck could be next.

"We're looking for guys who want to work with us and not against us, and frankly I'm just so [expletive] sick of this [expletive] it's not even funny," White said

"Affliction is still out there trying to build its company. Let [Fitch] go work with them. Let him see what he thinks of those [expletives]. [Expletive] him. These guys aren't partners with us. [Expletive] them. All of them, every last [expletive] one of them."

"There are a lot of guys who help us and work with us and are great partners with us, and they're the ones we're going to remember and take care of," White said. "Do these guys understand what is going on in this world? I'll tell you, this economy is [expletive] up. It's totally [expletive] up. It's bad, real, real bad. The [television] networks are in trouble and don't have money. The sponsors are in trouble, and they have no money. If they don't have money, they go out of business.

White said he has sacrificed more than anyone to build the UFC into the powerhouse it has become and that he's tired of athletes who don't want to "get with the program."

"I'm not a douche bag and I do a lot for these guys, a lot more than any of you will ever know. We're in a horrible time in the economy now, and every guy with two nickels to rub together is making a run at us. We've worked too hard, given too much, to let certain guys come in and [expletive] with that."

in the end did Cain sign away his likeness?

xsrg95 - in the end did Cain sign away his likeness?

I believe he did, DFW wanted to blackball the whole AKA camp I believe.

what a scumbag

Dana in the worst sometimes. Phone Post 3.0

And people wonder why a guy like Fedor couldn't reach an agreement with Dana.

From the little I've read about it, I think the UFC will beat the lawsuit but it doesn't help that they have such an encyclopaedia of DFW Quotes to damn them.

Unless more current fighters get onboard it won't work out the way we want it to.

neddac - From the little I've read about it, I think the UFC will beat the lawsuit but it doesn't help that they have such an encyclopaedia of DFW Quotes to damn them.

Unless more current fighters get onboard it won't work out the way we want it to.

Did Dana see this coming a while ago so that is why he limited media appearances and never made fun of people.

ccoplhk - 
neddac - From the little I've read about it, I think the UFC will beat the lawsuit but it doesn't help that they have such an encyclopaedia of DFW Quotes to damn them.

Did Dana see this coming a while ago so that is why he limited media appearances and never made fun of people.

It's too co-incidental to be any other way imo.g

I don't dislike Dana like most do. I know he's just a man running a business, a lot of which he had to make up as he went along. No doubting the ego involved too though.

I can agree with why Zuffa saw the benefit in making it about the brand and no one fighter, its how they've managed to become No.1 but I don't think that's exactly the best way to do it.

I'm fascinated to see how it all pans out.

ttt

This was the worst because at the time everyone thought Dana was their BFF because he talked to them on twitter.  So the forums were horrible, filled with Dana lapdogs going, "SHOW 'EM, BOSS MAN!!!" and "Dana roxxx!"

I don't think dfw can say anything that would matter in this case.  It only matters if their actions violated antitrust laws.  He could come right out and say that the UFC is a monopoly and it still doesn't matter if it can't be proved in court.

But no every decision he makes is best for the sport! Like publicly black balling one of the biggest American camps over likeness rights.

UFC becoming tip dog was the worst thing that ever happened to MMA. Phone Post 3.0

This is why they are a private company, so no one knows how shit works with pays and we don't know the full extent of locker bonuses. I work for way larger company's that make more money then the UFC could imagine and in the end you do your job and shut your mouth about what it. I'm sure a lot of theses guys make good money but just want more. Phone Post 3.0

This is how it works. They see someone with lots of potential, they tell him: EITHER YOU SIGN A FUCKING LIFE CONTRACT WITH US AND WE OWN YOU, or get lost.

Most fighters, out of fear, will sign, and later UFC will just cut them if they are not good, they have nothing to lose.

And also : MID contract, they scare the poor guy by saying, EITHER WE EXTEND THIS CONTRACT FOR ANOTHER 50 YEARS or GTFO....

imontoya - This is how it works. They see someone with lots of potential, they tell him: EITHER YOU SIGN A FUCKING LIFE CONTRACT WITH US AND WE OWN YOU, or get lost.

Most fighters, out of fear, will sign, and later UFC will just cut them if they are not good, they have nothing to lose.

And also : MID contract, they scare the poor guy by saying, EITHER WE EXTEND THIS CONTRACT FOR ANOTHER 50 YEARS or GTFO....

They also recently added provisions to the contract that allows them to lower a fighter's pay mid-contract if they feel like it.

That's some crazy shit right there.