DFW on recent fighter complaints: Same old $#!@

Everybody knows the money is in the ufc. You earn your way to the top. 

Longer the stay, better promotion of own fights, winning fights will increase pay. If you dont, you will stay at the same amout or get cut. 

Its business, simple as that. The ones who complain the most like jj and mathematician Masvidal is in the money. Jj  for a very long time. Mas shortly. Mas finaly got dealt some good cards. Both knows they dont have too many fight left, trying to set them up for retiriment with risky business but dana doesnt take the bait. 

papa pump -

Form a union or fuck off

The problem is the guys making top dollar dont want to share. So these fighters should go talk to them

Exactly.  That’s why the fans stopped caring about fighter pay and rights.  They need to form a union.  It’s inevitable, just like all other legitimate sports leagues. 

Johnny Salami -

People saying the guys making the most won’t share is laughable. They worked to get to that point. Do you share your paycheck with the new guy that gets hired at your job making much less than you?

If I'm the one making the most money (conor, jonea masvidal, diaz) and complaining about profit share, yes i would expect that I would share my check.

Otherwise I'm a gigantic hypocritical cunt

O'Malley made 50k and entertained the fans

what in the fuck has Jones done lately? Besides shoot guns at crack dealers, and drive drunk?

fuck off

More money = better athletes= better fights

papa pump -
Johnny Salami -

People saying the guys making the most won’t share is laughable. They worked to get to that point. Do you share your paycheck with the new guy that gets hired at your job making much less than you?

If I'm the one making the most money (conor, jonea masvidal, diaz) and complaining about profit share, yes i would expect that I would share my check.

Otherwise I'm a gigantic hypocritical cunt

Exactly!!

If these guys are REALLY trying to " look out for each other",  then how about they give a little of their own like they are asking others to do?!?

It doesn't even have to be a monetary contribution. They talked about how much money a fighter has to spend on fight camp, how about they donate some of their time to go help those fighters or invite those fighters into their own gym?? That would eliminate that expense and put more money directly into those fighters pockets, which they claim is what they are trying to do.

It seems to be the trend in this country to make a lot of noise when the cameras are in front of them, but when they quit rolling, they are doing absolutely nothing to support the cause that they claim to be fighting for.

O’Malley has made over a quarter of a million in the last two fights.

O’Malley is 25. 4 ufc fights against no ranked opponents. Coming off a steroid suspension. 

In my opinion he’s doing pretty great in terms of pay. He’s beating scrubs and made a quarter of a mill in 3 months. Cry me a fucking river. 

Jones right nostril -

O’Malley is 25. 4 ufc fights against no ranked opponents. Coming off a steroid suspension. 

In my opinion he’s doing pretty great in terms of pay. He’s beating scrubs and made a quarter of a mill in 3 months. Cry me a fucking river. 

I don’t think he’s been one of the fighters complaining lately, has he?

Nytron -

If all UFC fighters just refused to fight until demands are met, Dana would have no choice but to increase fighter pay.

We need a revolution. It's up to the fighters now.

Zuffa, a Vegas company with deep mob ties, ain't gonna increase fighter pay unless they are forced to.

Who has more money saved up the Mike Perry's of the fight game or Dana and the bosses. After a year 98% of fighters would take a pay cut to fight again. These dudes don't have good options outside of cage violence

GarlicSauce - 

Goddamn this guy is so cold hearted. Fighters are destroying their brains and bodies and he's lowballing them. I wish science would invent a way for me to give him empathy as a birthday present.

They appeared to be just fine with the pay when they signed the contract a few months ago.  Why did they sign it if they wanted more money?

If MMA had any real journalists instead of weebo fanbois looking for press passes, they would ask him : So Jones and Masvidal are free to join Bellator since they are independent contractors right?

GSPsShadyHandWraps - If MMA had any real journalists instead of weebo fanbois looking for press passes, they would ask him : So Jones and Masvidal are free to join Bellator since they are independent contractors right?

Not if they just signed a contract for that amount of fights for x dollars. After their contract is up, yes they can test the waters elsewhere and hope their contract isn't the one in a long line of shitty contracts that causes another promotion to close up shop.

YOURDADDYDEVILANDLORD -
GSPsShadyHandWraps - If MMA had any real journalists instead of weebo fanbois looking for press passes, they would ask him : So Jones and Masvidal are free to join Bellator since they are independent contractors right?

Not if they just signed a contract for that amount of fights for x dollars. After their contract is up, yes they can test the waters elsewhere and hope their contract isn't the one in a long line of shitty contracts that causes another promotion to close up shop.

This... I still don't understand how so many people can't grasp the concept that independent contractors sign contracts that contain exclusivity clauses. Often times it's phrased as " requiring full time, exclusive effort." This isn't something that is unique to the UFC. It happens regularly in many fields and it would be a rather dumb question for a reporter to ask. Would be a "perhaps I should've researched this topic more" moment for said journalist.

Here's the problem for fighters - they have almost zero leverage anymore. Now that ESPN bought up the PPV rights, pretty much all of UFC's revenue is guaranteed for the foreseeable future. 

Second, there are no other options for the very top guys. Bellator and One can't afford to pay fighters millions of dollars. Even if they could afford a guy like Jones, that would be it. There wouldn't be any budget for more top guys.

If there's anything we've learned from the past 15 years it's that only the UFC is capable of generating the type of revenue to pay big stars and remain sustainable in the long run.

Jones right nostril -

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.mmafighting.com/platform/amp/2020/6/7/21282946/video-sean-omalley-aims-to-renegotiate-deal-after-ufc-250-get-paid-what-i-feel-im-worth

Labrador -
Jones right nostril -

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.mmafighting.com/platform/amp/2020/6/7/21282946/video-sean-omalley-aims-to-renegotiate-deal-after-ufc-250-get-paid-what-i-feel-im-worth

1 Like
Jones right nostril -
Labrador -
Jones right nostril -

I missed that, thanks. I just watched him on Rogan’s mma podcast from late 2018 and he seemed happy to not be broke. Times change.

Baseball and basketball? lol. They actually come to work frequently. And football players work much more also. Top boxers bring in vastly more money than top mma people, and the boxing undercard guys frequently make less than the undercard mma guys.

Simply put–the mma guys are worth less in the marketplace. See any union bothering to organize them?