DFW: Roy Nelson is 'an absolute pain in the ass'

Roy does NOT deserve a title shot. Dfw is 100 percent correct here. Roy got beat by mir, dominated by werdum and jds. He cant or hasnt beat the top guys yet. Phone Post 3.0

GSPushedInMyStinkEye - "He's going to have to fight for it, just like everyone else."

Chael? Phone Post 3.0

First person I thought of when I read that. Dana is full of shit, but he's a promoter so you can't expect anything more. Phone Post

Vader03 - Roy does NOT deserve a title shot. Dfw is 100 percent correct here. Roy got beat by mir, dominated by werdum and jds. He cant or hasnt beat the top guys yet. Phone Post 3.0

Chael Sonnen...your argument holds no weight. Phone Post

"He jumped up on the Octagon [after beating Kimbo Slice] and said to me, 'Go get me a Whopper,' as if Burger King or McDonald's would ever want to have a guy who looks like that endorsing product. He think's he's funny, but to me, he's an idiot."

actually, that IS pretty funny

Lmao at Roy not a being good Spokesman for Burger King.
Ok we're to believe Anderson eats there on the daily right lol
Everyone I see at Burger King and McDee look like Roy Phone Post 3.0

Vader03 - Roy does NOT deserve a title shot. Dfw is 100 percent correct here. Roy got beat by mir, dominated by werdum and jds. He cant or hasnt beat the top guys yet. Phone Post 3.0
Nobody, including Roy, is saying he should get a shot RIGHT NOW. He just said he thinks Dana will never give him one no matter who he beats. Phone Post 3.0

lol @ the people saying Roy doesn't deserve a shot. Who is arguing he does? The point is Dana talks a lot of shit and contradicts himself consistently.

Like this is fucking new or something lol Phone Post

VITRTOR Yellow'd in my mouth - If the problem is him fighting #6 and #8 instead of Top 5, why are you giving him someone who isn't even Top 10 next?

Stupid logic is stupid. Phone Post 3.0

Ever think thats the fight Roy wanted? It is the last fight on his deal so isnt it better for him from a contract standpoint to be a free agent with 4 wins in a row rather than coming off a loss to a top 5 guy?

They wanted to throw another fight on 161, Roy was ready, nobody else was gonna take it so they matched him with someone already on the card, Stipe.

That makes sense.

Xuh - attn Dana:

if you want to get rid of Roy... please match him up with Hunto

you're welcome. :)

Roy would turn hunto's lights out. Phone Post

GSPushedInMyStinkEye - "He's going to have to fight for it, just like everyone else."

Chael? Phone Post 3.0

Diaz etc.

Difference is a Sonnen or a Diaz made for a big fight even fi they didnt deserve it, Roy does not.

Its like that for some guys, not that Roy is boring like say Fitch but some guys have to do more to get a shot, some guys need to win 5-6 fights adn others only need to win one or lose one and get a shot because they are big names or make for a big fight.

Roy is someone that needs to go above and beyond to get a shot, its just the way it is. He would need to beat Stipe, resign, beat someone like Barnett/Mir or Reem/Browne and then still probably need one more win over a Werdum, Cain/JDS loser, someone like that. If he did that he would get a shot.

It's obvious, Dana hates fat people :)

Kidding, but I do think it's bs Roy doesn't get a top 10 opponent. Phone Post

GSPushedInMyStinkEye - "He's going to have to fight for it, just like everyone else."

Chael? Phone Post 3.0

This thread is over. VTFU Phone Post

"Do you think his more recent frustration with Roy is that he has put himself (Roy) into a potentially strong position of leverage contractually? His contract is up after his next fight, and if he wins that will be 4 in a row, he'll be do for a raise and be in a position to ask for good money."

You'd think that but Matt Lindland was beating almost everyone he was faced against and was in a position where they almost couldn't deny him a title shot with Rich Franklin when the UFC decided to cut Lindland from their roster. True, Roy is much more exciting, but he is still the heel that the UFC can continue to treat badly if they like. Sad but true.

Dana White: "as if Burger King or McDonald's would ever want to have a guy who looks like that endorsing product."

Bullshit.

Burger King's spokesman now is a nerdy, middle aged nebbish store manager who dances awkwardly.

I don't think they selected him because he looks sexually attractive.

Dana's above remarks are about the UFC NOT any fast food chain.

Dana is saying why would we ever want to have a guy who looks like THAT on a PPV poster.

Roy can win 3 more in a row by knockout and he still isn't getting on a PPV poster or in a promotional video.

Because of LOOKS.

Nick Diaz got a title fight after a loss AND a suspension.

Sonnen got a title fight after not winning at 205.

Tate LOST to Zingano but is getting a title shot.

So, enough with this pretend UFC which is a meritocracy and rewards number 1 contenders absolutely with title shots.

Roy deserves a shot over the likes of Sonnen, Tate, or Nick Diaz.

Those THREE examples blow away Dana acting like Roy needs to "beat somebody" before getting his shot. Phone Post

Roy has earned the title shot imo. Jds was beaten for 5 rounds he should have one more fight to get the shot. If Roy doesnt get the shot after his next win its gonna be clear that its because of dana's vendetta against him. Phone Post

I think we can all pick apart Dana's argument of how Roy needs to win big fights to get a title shot. With all the people getting title shots off of losses and now we have someone getting put on TUF as a coach and getting a title shot after getting TKO'd. UFC used to say they weren't a freakshow company like they said Pride was, but we are starting to see different now.

Love the UFC and I think they are very smart people. It just sucks that their love for the sport which got them into it in the first place is getting replaced by their want to make more money and bastardizing the legitimacy of their ranking system and champions.

Lol at rankings or Ws determining when you get a title shot. What a joke Dana has become

Most jobs, if you talk a bunch of shit about your boss, you're going to be fired. Roy Nelson thinks he is irreplaceable? Nah, I don't think so...

Not a lot of guys that I just absolutely refuse to miss their fights but Roy is one of them.

You might not be able to find someone just like Nelson, and yeah he is a legit grappler. But those aren't good reasons to alienate your boss, and what has Nelson gained from that talk? Anything?