DFW: Roy Nelson's worst enemy is Roy Nelson

Barbalos - Dana is right on about Nelson, he's talking very little fake shit, just saying what dozens of people here say all the time: that Nelson would be much better if he worked his cardio, dropped a little weight, etc. It's ridiculous that some think Dana sits around thinking about how to screw Nelson. He is a successful guy, he has better things to do with his time and his business than that.

On Mazzagatti, the problem wasn't that he let the fight go long, because he had nothing to do with the end. That's the problem. He wasn't close, he was not ready, and if Burkman hadn't stopped it who knows what could've happened.

In one of the earlier fights, a fighter almost backed into him.

DFW is the best. Those candid scrums are the best in sports. No way I could watch a half hour interview in any other sport.

A while ago Roy posted on Facebook that if he got X amount of likes he'd drop to LHW. Well he got the likes but never followed through...no clue why. I unliked his page a few months later.

Soup and Beer - 

LOL he sure has a hardon against Mazzagatti. 

I'm not sure I agree that Steve wasn't doing his job in the Fitch fight.  An arm-in guillotine from the half guard is a pretty low percentage move.  And Fitch was out pretty fast.  I suspect in a few more seconds mazzagatti would have lifted his arms to see if he was limp and stopped the fight.  I watched the fight again, and there was nothing that indicated Fitch was out before Burkman rolled him and stood up.  And if Steve would have stopped it that quick with no indication and Fitch would have popped up immediately asking why he stopped it, then he would have gotten even more heat.

It wasn't arm in.

White was then pushed about Nelson's low pay (he got $24,000 to show, $24,000 win his previous time out).

"Yah," agreed White. "Because he wanted to say on the Ultimate Fighter contract, instead of taking the new deal that was offered to him. It's more money."

um yeah, and it is also probably a much longer deal, a fact that Dana leaves out and the media isn't smart enough to pick up on.. fight out rest of TUF deal that has two fights left on deal... or sign a new deal that is 4-5-6 fights long...you are probably making more for the first two fights, but you may be selling yourself down for the other 3-4 fights if you take that new deal...

I don't think those guys asking questions are dumb, they just know who the boss is.

Kentucky Fried Chicken and REFRIGERATOR PERRY. If you eat KFC you'll look like George Costanza and "The Fridge"...nobody wants to look like that.

Dana should put Roy vs himself as the co-main event in a future card.

Ultimate grudge match.

Loser misses dessert. Phone Post 3.0

Rob San Soo - He's just wrong with the Burger King crap!
The have a old white lame looking white dude with glass in Burger King commercials. It's not a fn Carl's jr commercial lol like models eat that shit lol Phone Post 3.0

If he's wrong, why hasn't Burger King sponsored him? Phone Post

"It doesn't have to do with Roy's shape, his physique, or anything like that. I've said it before. "

"That's my frustration with Roy Nelson. If he took himself seriously, if he lost some of the weight, and really trained..."

so which one is it?

robnashville - White was then pushed about Nelson's low pay (he got $24,000 to show, $24,000 win his previous time out).

"Yah," agreed White. "Because he wanted to say on the Ultimate Fighter contract, instead of taking the new deal that was offered to him. It's more money."

um yeah, and it is also probably a much longer deal, a fact that Dana leaves out and the media isn't smart enough to pick up on.. fight out rest of TUF deal that has two fights left on deal... or sign a new deal that is 4-5-6 fights long...you are probably making more for the first two fights, but you may be selling yourself down for the other 3-4 fights if you take that new deal...

No, he was pretty clear. Roy told Joe Silva he should be making more, Joe was willing to tear up the TUF contract and made an offer, but Roy said it was not enough and opted to stay with the current deal.

I think the implications are pretty clear. Roy felt he could command far more at the end of his contract.

Well, we will now see if he was right. The UFC will make their offer and Roy can see if either Bellator or WSOF are willing to pay more.

Phisher - 
Barbalos - Dana is right on about Nelson, he's talking very little fake shit, just saying what dozens of people here say all the time: that Nelson would be much better if he worked his cardio, dropped a little weight, etc. It's ridiculous that some think Dana sits around thinking about how to screw Nelson. He is a successful guy, he has better things to do with his time and his business than that.

On Mazzagatti, the problem wasn't that he let the fight go long, because he had nothing to do with the end. That's the problem. He wasn't close, he was not ready, and if Burkman hadn't stopped it who knows what could've happened.

Dana's dead on about Mazzagatti being totally disengaged at times.

Look at the way that he was acting during Edwards/Thompson.

A dude gets drop kicked in the head, and he doesn't even bother to break the stride of his casual stroll around the octagon.

I'm starting to wonder if refs should be drug tested.

Cindy

robnashville - White was then pushed about Nelson's low pay (he got $24,000 to show, $24,000 win his previous time out).

Ooooh! Sounds salacious! Can you post the link to your bitch-fest after you figure out how to spin this into something exciting that can be looked upon as Zuffa's bad???

Roy earned a contract. Didn't like it and wanted more so Silva offers to move him to a UFC contract for MORE money before ever completing the TUF deal. Roy declined, DW brings it up in the scrum and now you're all like, "OOOH! Media is too dumb to see whar DW is doing!" GTFO! LMFAO!

Seriously, post that link when you finish! I gotta read this shit! Will it be on mmapayout.com? Thanks!

Cindy

ChillyWilly - "It doesn't have to do with Roy's shape, his physique, or anything like that. I've said it before. "

"That's my frustration with Roy Nelson. If he took himself seriously, if he lost some of the weight, and really trained..."

so which one is it?

DW doesn't care but when Roy is whining to him about not being able to get sponsors, DW explains why (from his point of view). If Roy cares about sponsors then he'll make the changes. If not, he'll continue to have a sponsorship problem. DW doesn't really care if Roy has any or not.

Cindy

Phisher - 

A dude gets drop kicked in the head, and he doesn't even bother to break the stride of his casual stroll around the octagon.

That is just bizarre. Disengaged is the right word, holy fuck. He's in his own world there.

Candid interview as always BLAF FTW Phone Post 3.0

Roy lost me as a fan when he did that Facebook shit where he claimed he'd drop to lhw if he got a certain amount of likes and reneged after getting them. I still like watching him fight, but as far as supporting him as a fighter, he can suck eggs for all I care

Dana is right about Roy. He was negotiating like a hot prospect, but the guy is gonna be 37 in a few days and he doesn't exactly take care of himself. It is all downhill from here, in terms of both his fighting ability and his drawing power.

falsecrack -

Roy lost me as a fan when he did that Facebook shit where he claimed he'd drop to lhw if he got a certain amount of likes and reneged after getting them. I still like watching him fight, but as far as supporting him as a fighter, he can suck eggs for all I care

Yeah I added him as a way of encouraging the drop down to 205. Turns out he only did that to get enough followers to show that he was valuable to the sponsors; Roy never had any intentions of dropping the weight. After that incident I dropped him as a friend and stopped caring about him as a fighter. Phone Post

Barbalos - 
Phisher - 

That is just bizarre. Disengaged is the right word, holy fuck. He's in his own world there.

LOL@ that shit! Yep, refs should be subject to drug testing, too.

Cindy