DFW: Sonnen living his life, doing his thing

dhughes - The results of the first test weren't known when the second test was administered. They wouldn't test him if wasn't scheduled to fight and, of course, if he were retired he wouldn't consent to a second test.

That's how I understand it anyway.
I see. That makes more sense. Thank you for clarifying. My VU for the month. Phone Post 3.0

He's has a Grappling match to train for anyway. Phone Post 3.0

Made money while doing steroids and a host of other illegal PEDs, got out of the sport, now enjoying life. Smart man. Smart man indeed. We should all strive to live like chael Phone Post 3.0

lol @ giving Sonnen credit. He used every excuse he possibly could until he possibly couldn't come up with another. That doesn't mean you're owning it. Give me a fucking break.

Whambo - lol @ giving Sonnen credit. He used every excuse he possibly could until he possibly couldn't come up with another. That doesn't mean you're owning it. Give me a fucking break.

Whambo - lol @ giving Sonnen credit. He used every excuse he possibly could until he possibly couldn't come up with another. That doesn't mean you're owning it. Give me a fucking break.

exactly...and I honestly don't feel Stann owed an apology. All Stann did was state his opinion,which happened to be the same opinion the UFC,Dana and Fox held.

Just remember kids...

Dana on Wanderlei, who skipped out on a test - "The NSAC is going to bury him and I'm all for it."

Dana on Chael, who just set the new PED record - "Hey, it's all good.  He's chilling and just living his life." 

Soup and Beer - 
Doem - i dont know, this kind of reads like "cheat cheat cheat, get caught, apologize, cheat cheat cheat, get caught, and apologize.

I dont really see it as being sincere. I was really looking to that fight with Wand. Him failing and Wand jumping out of the bathroom window to avoid testing for the same fight is one heck of a story.

It shows just how unprepared everyone is for this new NSAC director.  With all these surprise tests it's throwing a monkey wrench into how everyone is "training".  You can bet about 90% of current UFC fighters are sweating bullets trying to decide whether to keep juicing or go clean.

Completly correct sir. We are in for an era of natural fighters with shorter careers and exponentially longer recovery times after hard battles. Im not saying the drugs are ok just that sans doping era will be a different animal than we've ever seen before. Gonna be interesting

Pella - 
dhughes -
Pella - Wasnt he already "retired" before the 2nd test? If so, why take the test? Phone Post 3.0

He was still scheduled to fight when the second test, a blood test, was administered. He retired before results were announced (of the second test, I mean).
How could he still be scheduled if he already failed? Dana/NSAC pulled him before the 2nd test. Fox dropped him after that. He lost the fight. Then lost fox. Is the way it seems in the news. Phone Post 3.0

When you get drug tested you have two or three samples taken from you every time.  Called A, B and C samples.  It's to ensure that the test is done correctly, and that you didn't get popped for something that might have been already on the needle, or if someone made a labelling error.  If your A sample comes back dirty, they test your B and C samples.  If either of those come up clean then you need to be retested, to see where the mistake was made.

lol @ Dana bringing up how rich he makes fighters every chance he gets.

"So I says to the guy 'hey you still insanely rich like I made you? You are? Cool because I made you wicked retarded rich, as everyone knows I do with every fighter.' wink Were you recording that Ariel?"

I just can't get over how transparently fake the guy is sometimes.

As for PEDs, I feel we're in for a bad stretch of injury plagued cards, short careers and a total changing of a the guard to younger fighters.

BJ Penn said it when he said it takes "energy" to beat the younger/fresher guys. Without a fountain of youth the older vets are going to be hard pressed to keep going.

Made MMA exciting and interesting, a complex character deep down seems a good person. Amazing performances vs Sliva (1st) and dominated Stann. Plus he has guts and money and PED's can't make that Phone Post 3.0