DFW to have the talk with BJ Penn if he loses

Wolf tix Phone Post 3.0

Gennady Goblin - 
RyannVonDoom - 
WeidmanBrokeTheLEGend - Ruh roh

Gonna get ugly Phone Post 3.0
Extremely. Not like bj is losing by ko every fucking fight.. He's also at his natural class 155/145. Dana needs to back off before the true bj penn fans get wind of this. Phone Post 3.0

Dude, it doesn't matter if he's not being KO'd. It's actually worse that he's not. He's taking more punishment by having an iron chin.

If you can't beat the best anymore, then you can't do it. Your time is up. It's a fact of life.

If he wants to go to Bellator or small indy shows and fight guys who aren't elite and win, he can still do that. But he's not gonna beat the top guys in the UFC anymore. So what's the point of even fighting? There's no upside. It's pure lose-lose.

And your opinion means literally fuck all. It's BJ penn's career to do whatever the fuck he wants to do with it.. if he wants to keep fighting, zuffa has to either wait out his contract or give him fights. He can't just fucking walk to bellator or other orgs because you know as well as I do, they aren't going to let that happen. 

If the match makers weren't lazy as fuck, there are tons of fights that could be made with BJ penn that are fun and dont have title implications.. yet.. like always.. Zuffa will drop the ball and "make" him retire.. or atleast until the contract period is over and he can do what others have done. 

pheonix5 -
NatualBornTickler - Nobody tells bj what to do Phone Post 3.0

Damn right!! War BJ

Excellent! This just put a big smile on my face...

Dana said this after BJ lost to Rory. In my personal opinion, it really depends on BJ looks next Sunday. If he goes out there with good cardio,still has some speed & quickness, then sure keep fighting. BJ will know when he's done,no one else. He won't continue to fight just to fight. If he feels he can still go out there and compete with the best, he will do it.

The BJ fan in me wants him to keep fighting...thing is BJ said if does continue to fight this will be a one off at 145...not sure I wanna see BJ vs. these young guys at 155. Phone Post 3.0

No one puts Baby J in a corner!

God I hate Dana with a passion.

The fuck man... BJ will likely see that shit. . How about you stfu about that shit till after the god damn fight. I want to see focused BJ Penn... not pissed BJ Penn... Worried BJ Penn... or any variation other than Motivated Ready TO GO BJ Phone Post 3.0

Oh boy, unky Dana gon have 'the talk'.... Phone Post 3.0

RyannVonDoom -

Extremely. Not like bj is losing by ko every fucking fight.. He's also at his natural class 155/145. Dana needs to back off before the true bj penn fans get wind of this. Phone Post 3.0
Why does it matter how/if he wins? Does that negate the damage he takes in these wars?

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

CindyO - 
RyannVonDoom -

Why does it matter how/if he wins? Does that negate the damage he takes in these wars?

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

what damage has he even been dropped yet in his career? dudes got a rock for a head he's only ever been superficially damaged.

Get off Baby J's dick Dana!

Like RyannVonDoom said there are plenty of possible BJ asswhoopings in the division to be had that would be awesome placed on any main card. You don't have to set the guy up to be in crazy skull beatings. Just as Sensei Dana said he's the MJ of MMA, let the dude dunk on a few fighters if he wants to play ball!

Man he is patronizing with his "concern"

This screams more FOX paranoia surrounding all veterans and FOX being veterans themselves of the NFL'S archaic views on concussions over the years and ebb and flow of outrage.

There's no way the Dana doesn't see the buys that BJ means by himself each time he fights and that he is nowhere near Liddell level head trauma. FOX are flexing their paranoia over something they know nothing about in terms of the sport and what is or isn't a red flag, other than the worst case scenario that UFC has never approached. They are using career length as an arbitrary measuring stick to try and avoid something.

FOX do the same thing with all those shows that don't reach some milestone of viewership on the schedule they want, they panic and cancel them for fear that faith in the fanbase might not work out. Fox always take the most extreme route with everything.

Zed Wayne Zed - They messed up with the Edgar fight here.

IF they'd have given him someone fresh at 145, not elite, and let him build at 145, this would not be so cut and dry.

Frankie knows how to beat him.

Not sure why Frankie does anything but do what he did in both fights again, only knowing better how to fully implement it to the fullest effect.

But sheet, man, it'd be so great if Baby Jay could finish him.

BJ specifically asked for Frankie. He told Dana he has unfinished business with Edgar. I agree with what you're saying,though.

Another I said in my previous post,BJ said if fights again it will be at 145...You know BJ...He's gonna want a top 5 opponent if does fight again...not sure I wanna see that, unless BJ looks impressive against,Frankie. BJ will know after this fight if he's done.

This is ridiculous. Bj would 100% beat anyone outside the top 10 at Lw and fw, and this fight will give us a good idea of how he holds up with the top 5 now. He's one of the greatest and most accomplished fighters ever. Even if he loses, why does he have to be fighting for the belt to stay on the roster? He's much best than the majority of guys in those weight divisions signed and id still pay to see him fight outside the top 5.

Should be his call when he stops, he's earned that. Phone Post 3.0

Fuck u White dont act like you give a fuck.

BJ retires when HE decides to retire.

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH9-yu2vSn4&feature=player_embedded

http://masatotoys.freeforums.org/mma-bedtime-stories-a-new-f7-crew-joint-t815.html

The dude fought Lyoto Machida and looked awesome doing it.

BJ always has been something very, very special. 

I think he'll be smart enough to get out on his own without getting his eggs scrambled too much. 

Hasn't penn retired twice before already? If he loses I highly doubt he'll want to continue fighting anyways. Hell even if he wins I won't be surprised if he retires again. Phone Post 3.0

History repeat.

da Vinci 81 - Hasn't penn retired twice before already? If he loses I highly doubt he'll want to continue fighting anyways. Hell even if he wins I won't be surprised if he retires again. Phone Post 3.0

It's on his terms though, not some patronizing "concern" from Dana.

Liddell probably thinks about nothing but fighting still cause he never left on his own terms